• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make War Put Entire PvE Continent in PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
So I was whining in O chat about war and how it was stupid that only a small area was put into PvP. No one wants to travel there because no noob will go there so they can't kill. And regular PvP'ers won't go there because they can't be bothered to. Sure, 100% chance drop rate of Medals of Vengeance but they can kill noobs on the PvP road instead of traveling and spending money on HeroGates. Since it's a small designated area, all the noobs avoid the area and are safe in PvE.

War Pros-
100% Drop rate on Vengeance Medals
War Cons-
No one goes there because it's either too far or noobs don't like PvP.

@Kainzo @Mods @Admins

trapzor

Iron
While I agree some kind of change would be good, putting the entire pve continent into pvp may not be the best solution.

(Then again, maybe it would.)

Something else to consider, to avoid driving away players that only want to pve, is to increase the incentives to travel to the war zones during war. Something like the conquest system from previous maps, or maybe something completely different.

But the more types of player the server caters to, the more healthy it will be in the long run, so boosting the pvp experience at the expense of pure pve players probably won't help the server overall. On the otherhand, making more incentives in the warzone will get some pve players adventuring there, while simulaneously providing more action for pvp oriented players.

Just one guy's opinion.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Thoughts;

No, just no. Due to the war regions providing a 100% drop chance of medals of vengeance, all big clans will go around looking for newer players to camp. Because of this, most of the campers will be stocked with medals of vengeance thus allowing them to obtain the higher tier enchanted items from the NPC's at trade district. There is no actual reason to make this change other than the fact a few select members want to PVP more.

Suggestion;

+Give more of a reason to go into these war regions (even though the drop chances is a big incentive)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The war / peace system is very new and needs to be cleaned up - so im up for suggestions and changes. I'll be reviewing this thread more closely than others.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
War shouldn't cover the entire PvE region 1st of all because of the fact that PvE is PvE. 2nd of all I really don't see the real point of a war/peace zone in the first place. We have an entire PvP region that you don't have to wait for a war time to start. These two factors lead me to believe that the entire reason for war and peace is based off of normal pvp servers with games such as kit pvp. So I propose a whole other map for this, diminished in size as compared to Valorium but big enough to allow for strategy and structures to make a difference.
I'd also like to clarify for anyone that wants PvE to become all PvP for the war time is driven solely by the fact that they want to prey on the weak, driving away the new players and making Herocraft the way it was before, with a completely stagnant player list with only the occasional newbie and everyone that preys on the weak.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Suggestion;

+Change the war region location daily within both the PVE and PVP continent
+Have the war region as a set radius but increases in size over time OR for x amount of players killed
+players with the most kills per war duration receive special bonuses (souls, items, exp ect)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
IMO, one region should always be at war, the region rotates every hour. So always somewhere to go to war, but no one location is always at war.
This.

I feel that the whole War Peace thing was just something to appease the PvPers. Why didn't conquests just come back?

Anyway, since Love and War is here to stay, something like what Dakinara said would be good. Means you couldn't camp the same spot over and over. It would also make PvE in general a little less safe (Something the PvP people want, and something I do agree with).

SoHighFive

Soulsand
Herocraft could use any combination of these ideas for wartime solutions.. The biggest difficulty is clarity on where the boundary lines are drawn during War. The question that we should be asking is, "What will give PvE players incentive to participate?"

1) The entire PvE continent goes to war. This would require longer times between wars so that PvE focused players aren't forced out of their element too often. This will drive certain players away, and I don't think that it would be healthy for Herocraft. RATING- 6

2) A second interesting idea is to have a combination of Conquest points and Specialized spawns/drops. Every wartime could be centered on a specific area in the PvE world. Some of these could be like the Conquest points from last map.

Others could be centered on dungeons. For the duration of that wartime a special boss mob spawns at the base level of a dungeon. He would have increased drops on rare loot and could respawn every so often. You could also have those warzones drop into "Zombie Invasion" or whatever else you wanted at specific times.

Having a combination of dungeon PvP events (players fighting over special loot) and Conquest points (souls/medals/Clan ranking) adds diversity to the wartimes that would make them more fun.

I will edit and add more ideas later, but I have to take off now!

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Exp boosts during war time in war zones would draw people out of their hidey holes. 100% boosts when war is on in those locations would be good. It would offer a place for T2s to go lvl to offset that struggle a bit at the risk of being attacked.

JacobBurkey

Portal
War shouldn't cover the entire PvE region 1st of all because of the fact that PvE is PvE. 2nd of all I really don't see the real point of a war/peace zone in the first place. We have an entire PvP region that you don't have to wait for a war time to start. These two factors lead me to believe that the entire reason for war and peace is based off of normal pvp servers with games such as kit pvp. So I propose a whole other map for this, diminished in size as compared to Valorium but big enough to allow for strategy and structures to make a difference.
I'd also like to clarify for anyone that wants PvE to become all PvP for the war time is driven solely by the fact that they want to prey on the weak, driving away the new players and making Herocraft the way it was before, with a completely stagnant player list with only the occasional newbie and everyone that preys on the weak.
It's pretty clear you're a PvEr. What you don't understand is that since the introduction to PvE, every map all the pvpers die off because it's boring because there's NO PVP. Then the map dies. PvE shouldn't even be a thing, if you want to be safe, join a town.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It's pretty clear you're a PvEr. What you don't understand is that since the introduction to PvE, every map all the pvpers die off because it's boring because there's NO PVP. Then the map dies. PvE shouldn't even be a thing, if you want to be safe, join a town.
PvE'ers don't WANT pvp. Stop trying to force the way you play onto others.
If you really think this map is gonna be like the others than why are anywhere near 100 people logged in during the week? The last 2 maps never hit those numbers except maybe at launch.

Last edited:

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I said this in game at one point, but you'd effectively lose a large amount of the PvE community. Less people, less donations.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Lets make this clear, how many people are Pve players? Are you suggesting that we lose, what is by common logic, 50% of the server just for the benefit of the latter 50%?
Also I'm not just a Pve player. I am only situated there for a base and for mats. I do go to PvP and fight when I want to.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
Lets make this clear, how many people are Pve players? Are you suggesting that we lose, what is by common logic, 50% of the server just for the benefit of the latter 50%?
Also I'm not just a Pve player. I am only situated there for a base and for mats. I do go to PvP and fight when I want to.

Why should anyone be able to just come to PvP and kill/loot from others, then be able to run away and hide in PvE? If you wanted protection you would join a town, protection from stealing and players. If it's just for 1hr then just run to the other side of pve, hide in your town, log off for an hour? There's ways to avoid it, not trying to destroy PvE, just trying to create more PvP.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I do think expanding the areas for affected by War is a good idea. However, I don't think forcing every PvE player into war is a good idea. Let's be honest, slaughtering new players by the dozens isn't competitive, however beneficial it may be to some of your KDR's. I enjoy both aspects of PvP and PVE, but I've also seen what happens when you have only one or the other (Drakenvale used to get camped, forcing the builders inside for HOURS, so saying "join a town" isn't going to solve anything). Creating safe "starter" zones might be an avenue worth exploring, and having more objectives for pvpers to focus and benefit greatly from could help as well. This is a tricky subject, on one hand you want people on both sides of the card to have fun, but separating the two creates a rift. So some potential ideas:

Increase areas affected by War
Increase the the frequency of war, but decrease the length. ( Very few people play for 5+ hours on end)
Add objective based areas/quests for people to fight over.
Add Starter zones for newer players to get their feet wet, without being camped into quitting.
More to come.... (just woke up.)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
In my opinion this whole topic boils down to "What is the overall goal of this server?", is it to accept PvE players or is it to be a PvP server? We have the die hard PvPers that want nothing but to 1. annoy players for fun 2. Raise their' kdr and 3. Get mediocre amounts of items (most would probably disagree with this part at least). Then we have the PvE players, the ones that are actually still interested after joining the server after being 1. killed by a die-hard in pvp or 2. did their homework on the server, that want a safe haven for their things and themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.