• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make Residence Raidable

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Turn the use flag in residence to true in PVP world cause currently we can raid towns and spawn plots but not residence.

Last edited:

Blackpatcher

Stone
A residence at the moment is a giant LWC that if designed right can hold and protect around 60 double chests because of chest stacking.
Its pretty much the most ridiculous thing to date.
The official argument to keep the flag set as false is so that people can have pretty houses and don't have dirt over chests, that argument is a load of BS in my opinion. Most just want it set as false so they can easily protect all their chests.

Why more and more safety nets keep being added to the server is beyond me.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Use flag needs to retain ability to set to False on PvE at the least, imo.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
A residence at the moment is a giant LWC that if designed right can hold and protect around 60 double chests because of chest stacking.
Its pretty much the most ridiculous thing to date.
The official argument to keep the flag set as false is so that people can have pretty houses and don't have dirt over chests, that argument is a load of BS in my opinion. Most just want it set as false so they can easily protect all their chests.

Why more and more safety nets keep being added to the server is beyond me.
Agreed, you can put wool over chest, or anything other than dirt.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Completely agree it's like the free lwc you get now are pretty useless only if they are outside you're huge lwc box. It's like we are going for a more lazy attempt at protecting shit

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Completely agree it's like the free lwc you get now are pretty useless only if they are outside you're huge lwc box. It's like we are going for a more lazy attempt at protecting shit
I see huge res's that are just a box, filled with chest... its sad.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It was accidental and Kain decided it would be nice to keep for PvE.
If it still exists in PvP I see it as nothing more than an issue which should be resolved.

PwnageDude10

Legacy Supporter 3
Agreed. This could be easily solved by making personal regions like town regions. It is not that hard to cover chests.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I actually don't see why this is an issue they can make a dirt box and dress it on the outside resulting in almost the same number of chests + add an airlock and you're golden. I think disabling the use flag will just encourage region abuse with block glitching while also making for uglier residences.

PwnageDude10

Legacy Supporter 3
I actually don't see why this is an issue they can make a dirt box and dress it on the outside resulting in almost the same number of chests + add an airlock and you're golden. I think disabling the use flag will just encourage region abuse with block glitching while also making for uglier residences.
It's not entirely that. It's the fact that personal regions are free LWCs.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Its free lwc's taking away from donor perks and it makes no sense that towns and spawn plots arent safer than pr's even tho pr's are cheaper

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Currently residence are better than towns and spawn plots imo.

1. Residence have no tax (Currently a bug)
2. Cost less then a town and spawn plot
3. Has no limit on how many people can be on it unlike towns and spawn plots
4. As much free LWCs as your residence can fit

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Currently residence are better than towns and spawn plots imo.

1. Residence have no tax (Currently a bug)
2. Cost less then a town and spawn plot
3. Has no limit on how many people can be on it unlike towns and spawn plots
4. As much free LWCs as your residence can fit

Enabling the use flag would not fix this problem though... spawn plots cost soo much because they are spawn plots, in my opinion more like a status than a way to protect your stuff... People that join the server will see your residence. Considering the number of members a town can have and the size you get I don't think it's that expensive (granted you would need a very big server pop to actually fill the towns).

You can easily fit over 60 dirted chests and covered furnaces and brewing stands and an air lock in 1 11x11x11 box. How would disabling the use flag help? I don't see how this solution is viable.

Only thing I see as viable right now is removing residences altogether (or remove them for anyone under rank 8) since griefing structures is illegal anyway. I'm not sure how people would react to that though.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I am indifferent regarding whether the flag should be changed for residences, but I will say that it is sure nice to not have to worry about the hackers who block-glitch through walls to access chests inside a protected space. Admins have stated in the past to me that it is quite difficult to verify that form of abuse, and the flag set the way that it is removes the issue completely.

If the PVP side wants to deal with that issue again (even a double chest with dirt over both sides can be glitched into if the hackers are persistent enough), then lift the flag. Just be prepared for the flurry of complaints from victims of block-glitchers.

PVP is a kinder, gentler world and I appreciate Kainzo's wish to keep the regions more secure. If there are bugs to fix (such as rent, etc.), then let that be up to the admin and devs to decide what is top priority and let them fix those things as they can.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Yes regions should be secure but whats the point of a pvp server, if people use regions as a safehaven from anything. Also the unlimited lwc's in regions takes away from donor perk. (where the higher the teir the less you pay for lwc)

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
To be honest I see no problem with the fact that people can't open chests/doors in a personal region.
If doors could be opened by everyone I would have to replace my door, which makes the house look decent, with a small dirt door. The result of both is no different, just that the door looks better.
On the topic of "Huge Lwc", either way a region is still a region. Putting dirt, unbreakable by anyone but you, is the exact same thing as an lwc. The only difference being that they can be exploited into. I say we just keep the use flag.

PwnageDude10

Legacy Supporter 3
All are valid points, but this is where my issue comes in. Remember on Bastion when the use flag was enabled? I remember, waiting outside personal regions and the person would open the door I would rush them, kill them, and the chests were open. That was there fault, but a few personal region raids that were successful makes me miss the use flag completely.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
All are valid points, but this is where my issue comes in. Remember on Bastion when the use flag was enabled? I remember, waiting outside personal regions and the person would open the door I would rush them, kill them, and the chests were open. That was there fault, but a few personal region raids that were successful makes me miss the use flag completely.
So this will just hurt new people that don't know better. Any experienced player would have an airlock.