• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion LWC Confirmation

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Don't know if this is possible. I know that we LIVE by LWC's since residences don't really protect anything.

So, since we have FREE LWC's and we have to pay for LWC's. I was wondering why we don't have a confirmation before we are charged and the LWC is placed on an item?

Confirmation would be a nice thing if we are about to be charged.

To a new character that is counting his pennies, this is devastating when it takes the massive amount and locks an item you thought was free but wasn't.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Don't know if this is possible. I know that we LIVE by LWC's since residences don't really protect anything.

So, since we have FREE LWC's and we have to pay for LWC's. I was wondering why we don't have a confirmation before we are charged and the LWC is placed on an item?

Confirmation would be a nice thing if we are about to be charged.

To a new character that is counting his pennies, this is devastating when it takes the massive amount and locks an item you thought was free but wasn't.
You can use /cremove and it will refund you the protection.

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
You can use /cremove and it will refund you the protection.
Ah... yeah, from what I remember from reading, now I may be wrong. It only gives you back 50% ?? Am I right? That's still a nice kick in the teeth to a noob.

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
It gives you back 100%

(Why are you on the wiki team ;P)

Thanks for the information of 100%.

Your comment of someone being on the wiki team and KNOWING EVERYTHING about this game? Does that mean something? Or was that just the "troll" in you speaking? I just don't understand.

Personally, without getting into insults, I still appreciate your answer. Now, I am guessing you are telling me from experience and not from it written in the Wiki somewhere.

But, just in case I missed this information, Please help point it out. Here is the link to help you out some.
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/LWC_PROTECTION

Thanks in advanced.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I would think that the wiki team members collectively know everything about herocraft, it is their job isn't it? Even if they aren't paid for it?

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Thank you everyone for the information. I have updated the Wiki according to the words of our great community collectively agreeing with the information. The link has been updated to reflect this information for the next person that would like to know.

Confirmation with 100% refund would not be a valuable use of developer time as we need many other fixes and or features.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
item shops don't refund anything atm I'm pretty sure, really sucks.

Maybe it was fixed, but I do not believe so.
its a bug. if you break the chest (im pretty sure the chest from what I've heard) you get your 50% refund, but if you break the sign, you get nothing.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

its a bug. if you break the chest (im pretty sure the chest from what I've heard) you get your 50% refund, but if you break the sign, you get nothing.
You get 25s back regardless of how you break it.

If a mod or admin break it when purging a shop, however, that is a different story.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
You get 25s back regardless of how you break it.

If a mod or admin break it when purging a shop, however, that is a different story.

hmm okay last map I didn't get any refunds, but this is way better. thanks!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
The change came months ago at the staff meeting where it was decided we would implement taxes on chest shops as a trade off.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@WizChip 's suggestion is good - that the player gets a notification of how much the LWC will cost before it is created.

Wiz, on the wiki page I've added a minor heading called Refunds to make the info stand out a bit more about how to take down your LWC to have the best chance of getting your money back.

And the discussion about chest shop refunds here does highlight the trickiness of keeping up to date with personal knowledge of the game, let alone the wiki. For a long while there were no chest shop refunds, and now there are...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

This is intentional to dissuade people from using chest shops as storage. Providing a 100% refund would allow people to make temporary chest shops for example diamonds and store them in a perfectly safe environment with no permanent cost.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I was being serious...
A lot of what the wiki team do is convert Configs into coherent and easy to understand information for the average person to view.
If there is something they're unsure of they'll usually contact someone that does know such as myself or other Mods & Admins.