LWC (Light Weight Chest protection) can be applied to a range of lockable blocks to protect them from unwanted visitors and destruction.
LWC protection types are public, private, password and donation. To protect a block, type the command and then left-click on the block when prompted.
These blocks can be LWC'd:
- Chests, furnaces, dispensers
- Iron doors (directly on the door), Iron trapdoors
- Stone Buttons and levers (see note below)
- Player heads.
These blocks cannot be LWC'd directly:
- signs (can be protected by an LWC'd button to the top or left of the sign).
NOTE on locking Buttons and Levers
After creating the LWC, apply either of the following flags to enable the owner to use the button or lever:
- /credstone on
- /lwc flag redstone on
- LWC protection only stays active if the chest/protected item continues to be used.
- LWCs that are not used for 1 month will lose their protection. This is not an exact time period - it's around 30 to 35 days.
- If you expect to be away for more than 3 weeks, you can give other players permissions to use the LWC chest/protected item. If they continue to use it, the protection will endure.
Costs and Refunds
The base level cost for LWC creation is 250 coins. Server Supporters, depending on Tier, receive the benefits of being able to place cheaper LWCs and some free ones, and also of being able to place more LWCs on chests.
There are no refunds!!
LWCs in Regions
Do not attempt to LWC a chest in a region to which you do not have perms. Your money will be taken and the LWC protection will fail. You have been warned!
All players can create LWCs.
The number of LWCs a player can create is not limited. However the number of LWCs that can be applied specifically to CHESTS is limited, and varies depending on your permissions level.
Use /climits to determine your permissions level.
|LWC limits and costs|
|Permissions||For chests||For free||For coins|
|Supporter, depending on Tier||4 to 25||0 to 8||249 to 225c|
Managing Free LWCs
- Lists available commands related to locking chests and other lockable blocks.
/cinfo or /lwc info
- Displays information about any locked block: owner, protection type, other players with admin or ordinary access to the block.
- Displays how many LWCs you have used out of your limits. First line shows total LWCs used/available. Second line shows LWCs used/available on chests.
- Locks chest. Free LWCs will be used up before paid ones UNLESS paid ones have already been used - see note.
/cpublic or /lwc create public
- Creates a public protection so the block can be used by anyone, but cannot be modified, locked or destroyed by anyone other than the owner.
/cprivate (@admin name) (user names) or /lock (@admin name) (user names)
- Creates a private protection so the block can only be accessed by the owner and named users, and cannot be destroyed by anyone other than the owner. Names must be entered in full with correct capitalization. Players with the @ symbol in front of their name gain admin powers (same powers as a secondary owner) including complete control over the user list and ability to destroy the block. Other users can access the block but not destroy it or change permissions.
/cprivate town:TownName or /cprivate t:TownName
- Can be used to lock a chest for the use of town members. Automatically gives admin perms to the Mayor, although the player creating the chest remains as the owner.
- Please note that town names must be ONE word for this type of lock to work.
/cpassword [password] or /lwc create password [password]
- Creates a password protection so the block can only be accessed by players using the password, and the block cannot be destroyed by anyone other than the owner.
- Creates a protection on a chest so that it can be used for donations - i.e. players other than the LWC admins can put items into the chest but can't take them out. Players with admin perms can remove items and make changes to the LWC permissions; admins can be added using the /cmodify command.
/cpersist or /lwc persist
- Causes the next LWC command to persist. Following this with a create command, for example, would allow you to mass-create the same protection on a number of blocks. Repeat command to cancel persist.
- /cunlock [password] or /unlock
- Accesses a password-protected block using the password. Right click on block, type password, then right click again to use block.
- /cmodify [to protection type] (password if needed)
- Changes the protection type to the target type (public, private or password).
- /cmodify (user names to be added) –(user names to be deleted)
- Modifies the user list on a private protection to add or delete users. Names must be entered in full with correct capitalization. Players with the @ symbol in front of their name gain admin powers (same powers as a secondary owner) including complete control over the user list and ability to destroy the block. Other users can access the block but not destroy it or change permissions.
If you are a Supporter, and the LWC creation was for free, you will be refunded with a free of charge LWC protection. Other wise it will NOT REFUND!
/unlock or /cremove
- Removes a protection that you own from a block.
- Removes all your LWC protections. HOWEVER if you are entitled to free LWCs as a server supporter, this will not necessarily reset your free LWC counter. For instructions on dealing with this, see above.