• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's talk about the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymice24

Stone
My old server decided to come here. We hail primarily from the U.S. The lag on this server is extremely bad. It makes mining extremely annoying, and combat difficult. Is anything being done to address this?

arceus208

TNT
The only lag I'm getting is the split second that oreobfusicated ores appear after breaking a block, nothing else.

The only lag I'm getting is the split second that oreobfusicated ores appear after breaking a block, nothing else.

Oh, THAT's what's causing the random ores to appear? That's a bit annoying, but I can live with it.

I haven't had enough experience in combat to know how bad it is for pvp purposes, but it might be a problem, judging by my experience with mobs.

Has this server always had a problem with lag?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
There is a way to have nearly no lag. Its called a "good computer".
Edit: Lol, this post is a week old joke and Im still getting ratings on it.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I am not seeing any lag. Granted I do not do much int he game anymore, but I rarely see it.

Not even when Kainzo spawned 700 bats on me in my cage.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
This server may have a different location than the old server you were playing on.
That may cause network lag on this server that not everyone get..

This server may have a different location than the old server you were playing on.
That may cause network lag on this server that not everyone get..

My old server cost me $21, was located in Chicago, and worked just fine with people in Australia. I'm in the United States. I'm pretty sure the issue isn't distance (although I wouldn't know since the server info page doesn't give its location), it's more likely related to the extreme number of players.

I've been getting kicked due to the lag multiple times today.

How could such a large, expensive server lag this badly?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The DNS has had issues - but the server itself has not crashed or lagging atm.

We get around 10-20 TPS depending on how many are online - this affects all servers, Minecraft is not a multi-threaded game and this shines through when there are a high number of players online. If you can't accept 'some' lag I suggest you stick to single player or wait until Spout-server is released.

90% of "lag" is client side or connection based.
1) if you are connecting from out of the states, you will automatically have 100+ more ping.
2) if your computer is 5+ years old you will have lag
3) if you're on wireless you will notice more lag.

JordanAF

Wood
Personally I think it's just minecraft itself. I live outside the states, in Canada, but my connection bar is still all 5 bars (full). I am connected with the ethernet cord straight to the router. And I'm sure, by going off of speedtest.net, I am most likely in the top 3 fastest speeds on here, if not the top (I find my normal download speed between 5-7mb, odd times jumping up to 10mb/s). However I still get issues with lag, it does help a bit if I change back to default texture from the server texture. But lag still remains afterwards which is unfortunate.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Personally I think it's just minecraft itself. I live outside the states, in Canada, but my connection bar is still all 5 bars (full). I am connected with the ethernet cord straight to the router. And I'm sure, by going off of speedtest.net, I am most likely in the top 3 fastest speeds on here, if not the top (I find my normal download speed between 5-7mb, odd times jumping up to 10mb/s). However I still get issues with lag, it does help a bit if I change back to default texture from the server texture. But lag still remains afterwards which is unfortunate.
Fancy internet don't help if you got a bad computer (not saying what kind of computer you got).
Anyway, if you run a speedtest to your local server, that don't mean you got good ping or fast connection to the HC server.

example: if I do a speedtest to my local speedtest server in Oslo, I get around 65-70mbps, and if I do a speedtest to a server in Dallas (where I believe the HC server is being hosted?) do I get around 6-8mbps and 400+ ping.

JordanAF

Wood
My computer is just over a year old, everything updated. Graphics card is currently Radeon HD 4200. Plan on upgrading to the Radeon HD 6450 sometime soon.

Also to your example, My local speedtest server, im at 90mbps with 5 ping. When I do Dallas I get a ping of 45 and speed of 37mbps.

So again, I should not have lag, especially if I can run much larger games on my computer with no issues.

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
I went from having a ping of around 250 avg to about 400 on my home connection. 4g went from about 400 to 650. Tried both the rpg address as well as the zapto. Both the same. Noticed the increase in ping when the rpg.hc.to etc was added. Haven't really noticed an increase in lag. I don't pvp often though.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
most of the time I see no lag. Every now and then I will get lag but not often.

mightymice24

Stone
1) if you are connecting from out of the states, you will automatically have 100+ more ping.
2) if your computer is 5+ years old you will have lag
3) if you're on wireless you will notice more lag.

1) I live in Michigan
2)I bought my computer 9 months ago. It is absolutely not an issue.
3)I am not connected wirelessly

Furthermore, I have never had an issue on the other servers that I have played. It is absolutely not my computer or my connection. I'm not the only one who has problems here either. If you want to continue to pretend that there is not an issue on your end I don't really care. The only one your hurting is yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.