• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let's allow griefing (hear me out!)

Should griefing becoming legal be looked into on the server?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

malmenca

Diamond
Regarding what Malmenca said: Solution: Don't pillar/pillar in a safer way

#disagree. I'm more focused on the fact that people want to get others banned. The mindset of trying to get people banned needs to change. Sure, rules must be enforced, but peoples actions have changed into that of "how can I get this dude banned" "Prevent him from destroying pillar" or "./ch o xyz nice kill aura noob." It's absurd.

Regarding griefing, there are many servers that have griefing allowed. But they are significantly different from what Herocraft is and I don't think Herocraft is suited for full on griefing.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
No need for a poll. NO.

STDs, you speak as if all you want in this server is a 16x16x16 regioned vault, and to be able to raid most places easily. You have to understand, other people want to play an RPG with awesome builds. This will NEVER happen.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
lol didn't realize regioned blocks regen after tnt. At the end of last map they didn't, must have missed something

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
No need for a poll. NO.

STDs, you speak as if all you want in this server is a 16x16x16 regioned vault, and to be able to raid most places easily. You have to understand, other people want to play an RPG with awesome builds. This will NEVER happen.

How are awesome builds not possible? You've seen the size of our town, Braavos. Our land can only expand from what it is now. It can literally become a 200x200 PROTECTED town. We can have all the "awesome builds" we want in this protected area. What's stopping several other towns from having a ton of protected land, and building something "awesome"?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I can see some reasons for this- the obvious being, if you want your stuff protected, join a town or buy it! That would be hardcore, right?

But in the end, I'm with Iarbobray. If griefing, full scale, ever became allowed, that would be the end of any major involvement with this server for me. Don't get me wrong- I absolutely love this server (which is why I'm a T7- because this place is awesome.) But I tend to build big things. Big, complex things when you factor in the engineering I do. Big, complex, shiny things that take months of work. And if some whitelisted-for-a-day jerk decides to tear my creation apart for supplies, or just because he's a jerk, or whatever reason, that's going to be a major deterrent for me doing any of those projects. The stuff I do... it can't be fit in a town or protection, because it's the SIZE of a town- and if I can't have that protected, then I'm not going to build it, and if I can't build it, I probably won't play.

So... long story short, no, I'm against allowing griefing. I'm alright with adjusting the rules a bit- maybe adding or removing certain blocks as griefable, or allowing plants (non decorative) to be taken, but allowing it full scale? No.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
How are awesome builds not possible? You've seen the size of our town, Braavos. Our land can only expand from what it is now. It can literally become a 200x200 PROTECTED town. We can have all the "awesome builds" we want in this protected area. What's stopping several other towns from having a ton of protected land, and building something "awesome"?

I specc'd engineer, and I plan on making dungeons filled with piston traps and puzzles. these wont be regioned, and only a player's roleplaying will prevent them from using dirt to get over lava, place extra redstone torches etc. Thats the kind of thing I can do when griefing isnt allowed. When griefing is allowed, I cant even leave my redstone circuits alone or offer to put piston doors on peoples shops.

One example ^

Also, especially with the town cap (which veterans will agree is a good idea in itself), forcing people into regions is an idea that limits the server.

Braavos love <3 tho

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
No, I'm talking about the literal term of protection. Having regional protection, I think you call it.

I really don't see the difference, honestly. It can take me hours to mine for gold, diamonds, glowstone, blaze rods, what have you... If that gets stolen the common response is "shame on you, should have put that in an LWC chest". There doesn't seem to be a "shame on you, should have put your chest in a regioned area." Imagine the time it took to gather all of those materials that were stolen. Now imagine the time it took to build a 16x16. At the very least, having one of those taken away should be seen as equally disheartening, but depending on what was lost in that chest, it could be devastating.

Ah, okay. I didn't take that into what I thought you meant due to all official towns having regions. So, that point is rendered invalid for you.

You don't see the difference, because, based on what you've been saying, you aren't an architect, like myself, @gabizou , @Symbolie , @Aerokii , or @TheTXLibra . You don't see what happened for the buildings. Plus, they add something to the server. I enjoy wandering the wilderness, and finding a great Build. Exploring its halls, perhaps finding secret rooms. There is something that only architecture can add to a server, and many great Veterans would leave, as some have stated. It's a magical thing, how such grand things can be made. Destroying that is far worse than taking items. You are destroying the child of someone's creativity. Their pride, their happiness. That, isn't hardcore. It's childish, and not compassionate whatsoever.

Tag goofed up there, @Symbolite . *Kills t key for being bad today*

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Could always disallow mass lava or water flow griefing.
That isn't what he means. Without water and lava, you can destroy the terrain and such. You keep missing the point of it all.
I specc'd engineer, and I plan on making dungeons filled with piston traps and puzzles. these wont be regioned, and only a player's roleplaying will prevent them from using dirt to get over lava, place extra redstone torches etc. Thats the kind of thing I can do when griefing isnt allowed. When griefing is allowed, I cant even leave my redstone circuits alone or offer to put piston doors on peoples shops.

One example ^

Also, especially with the town cap (which veterans will agree is a good idea in itself), forcing people into regions is an idea that limits the server.

Braavos love <3 tho
This as well. You don't see what all of us see. Allowing griefing will hinder the server. That's not something Kainzo and the other staff desire.

malmenca

Diamond
Lol who are u to say it isn't hardcore? or that is is childish? He isn't insinuating that he wants to go trashing peoples builds. @TheMormon

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Lol who are u to say it isn't hardcore? or that is is childish? He isn't insinuating that he wants to go trashing peoples builds. @TheMormon
I was simply stating my opinion on the matter, and I do at times state extremes - And I didn't say he would do that, although some people may, and most likely will. I tend to write kinda strongly, so I apologize for that. :)

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
This
Is
Stupid

You want the main server to look like the shithole Warshard looks with all the fucked up buildings and crap?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
NO, NO, NO.

I came to HC with about 10 other players from a factions-based server that closed down - mostly because they made the decision to allow griefing.

I think there were limits on it - ie you can grief this much - but like who ever reads past "You're allowed to grief [but]..." So player after player was banned because it was so difficult to define how much griefing was ok... and many didn't come back and the rest just got pissed off.

Allowing griefing was an insane decision, and the Mods came to realize that... but too late. And very little of grandeur was constructed during that phase. It just came down to PvP by a dwindling player base.

NO, NO, NO.

ZenZiggy

Legacy Supporter 4
Nope... Please, no. It is perfectly fine how it is right now, as a matter of fact as some people discussed earlier in game chat, how about we give towns a separate region which would allow only certain people to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.