• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let every class have a "Track" Skill

What do you think?

• Total voters

PreyArch

TNT
i think like a rune of tracking for runeblade would be cool and it would be embued on your weapon and when you hit someone with it if they run away you could track them maybe with a compass like deathmark

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
What would be better is creating an item that can do a one time track (or have charges) that people can buy (maybe from scribes - some sort of magical compass that has x charges). Then also have an item that would block the compass (a lodestone or such) that would also have charges. Lets use ideas to bolster the economy not neuter it.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Why not just let everyone fly while were at it? Or free cake on Tuesdays? Seriously though this is a bad idea, I do think Kainzo's idea of an anti track skill for 2 or 3 classes is good though.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
This isn't what I want to see. Though I think having 2-3 classes with an anti-track ability would be neat.

It doesn't fit for lore at all. If something like this was ever done, we would just grant it to all users, not specific classes.

Perhaps the anti-tracking could be a symptom of the existing stealth skills. Where if you are actively using a stealth skill you are untrackable.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
What would be better is creating an item that can do a one time track (or have charges) that people can buy (maybe from scribes - some sort of magical compass that has x charges). Then also have an item that would block the compass (a lodestone or such) that would also have charges. Lets use ideas to bolster the economy not neuter it.
professions arent meant to have combat related things. or so I've been told.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
what'd be cool, is if beguilers, if and (hopefully) when they get their bit of rework to be trickster support, they could "imbue" an eye of ender once every 120 seconds or something to when they throw it, it shows the direction of the tracked player. kind of like a stronghold, but a diferent target.

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree with @Xargun

Instead of giving other classes a track ability to balance the rangers out, why not see things anoter way. I mean, the ninja's and the ranger's searcing abilities are already plenty to cope with on the server. Having a third or fourth tracking class would dilute the rogue classes abilities and marketability.

Instead, I propose that one of the professions (possibly Runesmith)or class get granted the ability to make an item that, for a duration of time, effectively "scrambles" any tracking ability.

For example: I decide to track PlayerX; get a compass, cast my skill and a text message appears, this one could be misleading, like giving bogus coordinates, or say something like "Your target has scrambled his whereabouts.

The runesmith's creation would be something with hard to get reagents, that would protect you from tracks for 30minutes? an hour?
You would not need a runesmith to use it, the item itself would give you the protection after being consumed.

Thanks.

Babibab

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with @Xargun

Instead of giving other classes a track ability to balance the rangers out, why not see things anoter way. I mean, the ninja's and the ranger's searcing abilities are already plenty to cope with on the server. Having a third or fourth tracking class would dilute the rogue classes abilities and marketability.

Instead, I propose that one of the professions (possibly Runesmith)or class get granted the ability to make an item that, for a duration of time, effectively "scrambles" any tracking ability.

For example: I decide to track PlayerX; get a compass, cast my skill and a text message appears, this one could be misleading, like giving bogus coordinates, or say something like "Your target has scrambled his whereabouts.

The runesmith's creation would be something with hard to get reagents, that would protect you from tracks for 30minutes? an hour?
You would not need a runesmith to use it, the item itself would give you the protection after being consumed.

Thanks.

Babibab

While that would be cool, professions generally don't have combat related skills..

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
While that would be cool, professions generally don't have combat related skills..

Not to be finnicky, but... Enchanters? Alchemists? Those two professions, and I'm pretty sure others, have very combat related crafting abilities, most of the pvp blood is spilled by weapons enchanted...

Furthermore, the inherent abilities of those professions gives them a high market value, as you may have noticed, some professions lack that... Giving the ability to the runesmith to make "scramblers", would help with that a bit.

I really don't think that giving a little more to the runesmith would make him "OP" or, as you think, not be RP, or go against HC's general will.

Thanks
Bab

Krackles

Wood
This isn't what I want to see. Though I think having 2-3 classes with an anti-track ability would be neat.

It doesn't fit for lore at all. If something like this was ever done, we would just grant it to all users, not specific classes.

Yes some rogue classes like Ninja or Ranger itself(The one able to track probably know how to anti-track)

Moralsk

Gold
OK first off how on earth is ranger "not that great" without current form of track. It deals tons and tons of damage and is mobile. Current form of track is in my opinion extremely stupid. Rangers can track people from the other side of the map. 50 blocks is still pretty accurate... Ranger should actually have some realistic requirements to find someone. The skill doesn't track someone, it magically tells you their general area. I don't think all classes should have tracking related abilities but more than ninja and ranger please.

Last edited:

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
OK first off how on earth is ranger "not that great" without current form of track. It deals tons and tons of damage and is mobile. Current form of track is in my opinion extremely stupid. Rangers can track people from the other side of the map. 50 blocks is still pretty accurate... Ranger should actually have some realistic requirements to find someone. The skill doesn't track someone, it magically tells you their general area. I don't think all classes should have tracking related abilities but more than ninja and ranger please.
Exactly my point. :p

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
This would definitely be a huge nerf to ranger, however with a lot of work from the balance team (and codon team) this could work.

There's tons of possibilities such as buff rangers track and make sure no other classes have a better track, or just add "track" skills to a few classes. (My point is with work this could be done without completely destroying ranger)

IMO I really liked some of these such as soul link and blood trail, but I find others just not working.

I understand this would be incredibly hard to code and balance so it's really a 50/50 opinion on my side. Basically there's ups and downs, maybe more downs than ups and would just not be worth putting time into. When we could be working on things more important, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks,

[insert name here].

Also sorry about any spelling/grammar mistakes wrote this all on my iPhone xD

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This would definitely be a huge nerf to ranger, however with a lot of work from the balance team (and codon team) this could work.

There's tons of possibilities such as buff rangers track and make sure no other classes have a better track, or just add "track" skills to a few classes. (My point is with work this could be done without completely destroying ranger)

IMO I really liked some of these such as soul link and blood trail, but I find others just not working.

I understand this would be incredibly hard to code and balance so it's really a 50/50 opinion on my side. Basically there's ups and downs, maybe more downs than ups and would just not be worth putting time into. When we could be working on things more important, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks,

[insert name here].

Also sorry about any spelling/grammar mistakes wrote this all on my iPhone xD
Well technically it's not a "Nerf." This would in no way affect how well a ranger would do in pvp

DavidKkz

TNT

I agree with this, but I also feel that tracking and deathmark the player needs to be in range of say 50m-750m or so.
The idea of it being global and being able to track someone from say -5000 to 5000 just seems too easy for a hardcore server.