• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let every class have a "Track" Skill

What do you think?

• Total voters

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
With the release of Shrine and further pvp focus of Haven, I believe it would be a good addition for all classes to get a track-esque skill. This would remove the requirement of people needing a ranger to find people and allow PVP to be more common. Some examples are:

Berserker-
  • BloodTrail: Short Range, but gives all the peoples coordinates in the area (Not accurate and medium cooldown)
Paladin-
  • DivineClairvoyance: Very Long Range, gives the Cords of a single person (Pinpoint Accuracy, but long cooldown)
Dreadknight-
  • DeathMark
Dragoon-
  • Pursue: Long Range, gives you the direction to where your target is (Very short cooldown)
Pyromancer-
  • FlameDivination: Very Long Range, gives the cords of a single person (Accurate, but not pinpoint medium-long cooldown)
  • Regent: Torch
Wizard-
  • Crystal Ball: Long Range, gives the cords of a single person (Accurate Medium Cooldown)
  • Regent: Enderpearl
Necromancer-
  • DeathMark
Beguiler-
  • CrystalBall
Runeblade-
  • Mark of Finding: Medium range, gives the cords of a single person (Not accurate, but short cooldown)
Bard-
  • GatherIntel: Medium Range gives the cords of everybody in the area (Not accurate long Cooldown)
Cleric-
  • DivineClairvoyance
Druid-
  • BoneDivination: Very Long Range, gives the cords of a single person and their biome (Cords given aren't accurate in the sense that the numbers are right, the quadrant is unknown. Medium cooldown)
  • Regent: Bones
Bloodmage-
  • Bloodtrail
Disciple-
Soul link: Very Long Range, gives the cords of a single person (Pinpoint accurate and long cooldown. The Disciple is immobilized while their soul searches for their target [Long warm-up])​

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
well, hopefully the outpost pvp thing comes sooner than later, then everyone will have a place to go to find pvp >>

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
That's the whole point! Now you won't have to buy anything from anybody. You would be able to find pvp by yourself
This removes dependency on the ranger and practically goes against the idea of herocraft. There's a reason why we have different classes, and why they each have their own advantages. We dont want every player to be able to go out and PvP themselves, we want to encourage team PvP. This would go the other way.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This removes dependency on the ranger and practically goes against the idea of herocraft. There's a reason why we have different classes, and why they each have their own advantages. We dont want every player to be able to go out and PvP themselves, we want to encourage team PvP. This would go the other way.
Not at all. If you even cared to read, each class has a different version which makes them unique. This doesn't prevent team pvp. If anything It allows people to pvp even though they don't have a ranger.

"Going against the idea of herocraft."
That makes no sense to me. Herocraft has been increasingly changing to give players choice. (separate pvp/pve worlds and attributes). If anything this fits perfectly with allowing players to have choice. If you don't like the concept of all classes getting these skills by default, then the could be chosen skills with the new skill system.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This isn't what I want to see. Though I think having 2-3 classes with an anti-track ability would be neat.

It doesn't fit for lore at all. If something like this was ever done, we would just grant it to all users, not specific classes.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This isn't what I want to see. Though I think having 2-3 classes with an anti-track ability would be neat.

It doesn't fit for lore at all. If something like this was ever done, we would just grant it to all users, not specific classes.
Some of the warrior and rogue skills are a stretch, but Divination and Scrying are very lore friendly in case of healers and mages IMO. I don't think anti-track would increase pvp...

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Not at all. If you even cared to read, each class has a different version which makes them unique. This doesn't prevent team pvp. If anything It allows people to pvp even though they don't have a ranger.

"Going against the idea of herocraft."
That makes no sense to me. Herocraft has been increasingly changing to give players choice. (separate pvp/pve worlds and attributes). If anything this fits perfectly with allowing players to have choice. If you don't like the concept of all classes getting these skills by default, then the could be chosen skills with the new skill system.

I did read. 3 times in fact. Dont get me wrong, i like the idea, but just not to the extent of your suggestion. Perhaps just one other track skill would be nice.

The idea of herocraft to me, has always revolved around teamplay, and dependency existing for each class/profession.

I love the suggested bard track though. I think that would make a nice addition, and it would increase the encouragement of teamplay IMO.

Also, I agree with Kainzo regarding anti track skills, that would be cool.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If find it weird to add "anti-track" skills when there are only 2 tracking skills. With that said, Even adding a Clairvoyance or Scrying skill to a few other class would be nice. I just don't like the current situation where people by tracks from ranger since they are the only option.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
If find it weird to add "anti-track" skills when there are only 2 tracking skills. With that said, Even adding a Clairvoyance or Scrying skill to a few other class would be nice. I just don't like the current situation where people by tracks from ranger since they are the only option.

I think just one anti-track skill would do, if it stays that ranger is the only class with a good Track. At least that way it has a counter-skill!

As i said, i think at least one more tracking skill is needed... But i wouldnt want to remove the market for rangers, that's pretty much all they're useful for to other players.

Bard's track would work well alongside a Rangers track, Ranger would track one player, then when near the player, the bard could use their track to see if there are many others in the vicinity..

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Probably not happening as Kain said.
However, skills are in the works to actively stop tracks and scan an area for other players.
This would at least help combat the use of them if you really hate them.

(Note: While the skills may be in the works, it is not a promise that they will be added to live.)

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Even though shrine is released for free leveling a lot of noobs would still come to haven and all these tracking skills would mean higher chances of noob slaughtering, it also completely ruins rangers because without track they're not that great...

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Why not make the skills more realistic, and change ranger to a short range type of skill, telling you who has passed through the area when you used the skill.
For example, you track on a block, and it replies...
"Royfaren has passed this way, heading northwest 4 minutes ago..."
Or you could have it track within a 10 block radius of yourself and tell you which direction the player went.
Basically a giant nerf but it opens up other possibilities and creates more opportunities for classes to work together to hunt down a player.

Just a thought to throw out there.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Why not make the skills more realistic, and change ranger to a short range type of skill, telling you who has passed through the area when you used the skill.
For example, you track on a block, and it replies...
"Royfaren has passed this way, heading northwest 4 minutes ago..."
Or you could have it track within a 10 block radius of yourself and tell you which direction the player went.
Basically a giant nerf but it opens up other possibilities and creates more opportunities for classes to work together to hunt down a player.

Just a thought to throw out there.

I like this, though i think rather than nerfing rangers track that much, perhaps increase it's cooldown, and give your suggestion to another class as another skill..

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
I did read. 3 times in fact. Dont get me wrong, i like the idea, but just not to the extent of your suggestion. Perhaps just one other track skill would be nice.

The idea of herocraft to me, has always revolved around teamplay, and dependency existing for each class/profession.
Ninja needs no class help, Ninja is still 2 OP 4 Me. And it still has a track.