• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Kingdom wars- What needs to be done

Aetosion

Obsidian
@MajorasMask Yes, infact I'm building a town right now that's quite simple to get into, relying on the protection of the TC instead of walls.

In addition, I'm terrible at leveling. For about 2 or 3 months in Zeal I was unspecced, it's fun as hell to run around and survive. Ask @GreekCrackShot, for two months on DG I ran around as an Unspecced caster raiding with Erebos parties. Anywho, it's not as if unspecs are a different race or anything. If you're an unspec, you spec. That's the point.

@iHazBryn Couldn't have said it better myself.

Joka10

Soulsand
I'm so tired of Zeal being the standard for Dragongarde. I joined in DG, very early on. All I know about Zeal and Sanctum, I have been told/have read. When I first started here, I heard a ton of stories about Zeal (mainly from my townies/allies) and I thought it sounded really cool. They talked about wars and stuff like that, and it sounded like something that was a lot of fun.

I wasn't really very active on the forums for a month or so after I started, and I didn't really have much communication with people outside of Konoha/Valor ingame. We didn't talk to anyone else in that area; they were all either inactive or brutal raiders. Well, once I started looking at the forums more, I started seeing different opinions on Zeal. All of them were written in a reverent tone, but the memories/opinions expressed were rather different from the people I had talked to. For a while, I saw a lot of complaints about how no one built showy towns like they did in Zeal, and opinions/memories that went with those also differed. Then, as of late, there are all these PvP clans/solo PvPers setting Zeal as the standard for DG PvP and other things. Again, all the things said are reverent, but they are so different from what else I've heard. Also, PvP seems to bring out the most differing opinions in the same threads about Zeal. It seems to me that it's the biggest area of disagreement.

By this point, I've basically realized that people only remember what they want to remember, even if it never happened. Memories are naturally exaggerated, be they good or bad. And it seems to me that the memories of Zeal have been exaggerated in so many directions by different people that it would take a real historian months to delve through all of these "memories" and pull out the truth.

I don't bet, but I'd almost be willing to bet that during Zeal, no one who joined then thought it was that special. It lasted for what... 6 months? That's a lot of time, and when you consider DG has also been around for 6 months now, memories change around a lot. I look back even just on the beginning of this map and think of it as being really great. I can remember a lot of fun stuff we did in town, and just enjoying it in general. However, if I reminisce enough, I remember that I didn't like the beginning of the map much at all. The raids were constant and horrible. I died all the time just going outside of town for 5 minute periods. It was very hard to level. At that time, I was enjoying it but I didn't think there was anything that special. I certainly wouldn't have pictured myself reminiscing joyfully on it 6 months in the future. However, I feel like I really miss it.

No matter how much photographic/videographic evidence you have, people's memories will always be drastically different depending on what group they were with. It's likely that the only thing that will come out the same from all of those memories is a sense of awe and wonder. Everything else will be completely different.

Stop using Zeal as the standard for Dragongarde. You will only start arguments, annoy people, and mask any fun you could be having here with glorified memories of the past that make it seem bland. Zeal is six months gone and it is not coming back. Remember it, tell stories about it, relish in memories, but don't keep trying to zombify it. Memories generally work like warped pieces glass; any angle that you look through them from will result in a different image.

Yeah, kingdom wars would be cool. It would be nice if people could visit towns without getting slaughtered (and from another perspective, charge into towns without hitting walls). Maybe roads with less regions would be cool. There is stuff that needs to be changed, and some of that stuff may be similar to what there was in Zeal. But this is Dragongarde, not Zeal.

You would do well to stop using that as a point of comparison even if you still want to. Almost every thread about "making it like it was in Zeal" is locked for very similar reasons to what I just described.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
We are coming from the side of people who like pvp and you are coming from the side that wants to build on thier plot in a shoebox.

I just want more creative nice looking towns like D101, Newerth, Shin kyoto, Orion, and every other nice looking town. Cobble shoe boxes on big flat open plains look like shit and completely take away from the Herocraft experience.

I am not just a PVPer, I'm a builder too. I was one of the original 5-6 members of Ironpass. We built that place from the ground up. Sure it wasn't the prettiest, but at one point I would like to think it was the biggest force on the server.
We built it without regions, we built with waves of people coming to attack us from D101 and from all across the map. WE fought them off and continued building until we got first town, then city, then capital.

These were the best days of Herocraft. Mixing Hardcore survival with a mix of pvp and in the end coming out with a amazing project done, that is what Herocraft is about.

Now the Tree Creeper's big project is to be the largest PVP force on the server. The only reason that you say that we cant have ways into towns is because some people "Don't want to pvp". Pvp is a very big part of this server. Look at the hero's plugin. Its centred around pvp. If your not speced by now, that is your own fault, and if you cant defend your town, then get speced.

Honestly as Aetosion said, the TC could be taken down very easily. The server just needs to stop hiding in their no pvp zones and band together.

Do you remember Shiroku last map. They raped everyone. The server got pissed and everyone went there and metephoricly burned the place to the ground. I went on that raid and fought next to some people that I hated, people that had recently killed me or I had recently killed, but we fought together none the less.

And Shiroku feel to pieces. But I guess that's the difference from Herocraft then and Herocraft now. This server lost everyone ballsy enough to rise to a challenge.

Come on Herocraft show me that you still have balls. Level up your unspeced warrior class and band together to rape our shit.

I approve whereas you say you want to see more creative towns. BUT; remember that D101 had a lot of defence. Nobody came out of the town when raiders arrived (apart from me with my lava buckets) but it was a NEUTRAL town. Sure; I want to see less boxes, but I still expect people to have protection. As for Ironpass; you had walls. Once you were regioned, nobody could get inside (although some did through exploits), just gonna mention that.

People have NEVER been forced to make ways into their town. Never ever. Not in Sanctum, not in Zeal, and it should not happen in Dragon either. You can find other ways of PvP; you don't need to have a 1st class ticket to everyone's chests. Also that; what next, wanting people to uncover EVERY CHEST? To force people into giving their houses wooden doors? Why not make it that, whenever the TC are raiding, a region in a town is removed for a week to give them enough time to destroy the place?

Warshard just came out. People were just PvPing there like crazy. Mainly TC. Join it if you want fun in PvP.

As for ''banding together'', many do. Many miners do. The PvPers join groups like the TC, ect. Not everyone is good at PvP, even with the skills.

Remember Lorien? When WeeWoo got on region and emptied every chest? They lost a lot; didn't even die. (I'm not supporting what he did, just saying that, even though mostly every chest was cleaned, Lorien survived). Yeah, as for ''burning the place down'' I doubt that would ever happen again, legally this time. Lorien has defences; how do you expect the server to ''team up and fight back'' if we can't get in your town?

You are trying to make it seem that people HAVE to PvP. Errrm, Kainzo has said already that this isn't a PvP server. It plays a big part, but not everyone wants to do it. Many play MC for reasons other than the killing aspect. You lot have a lot of PvP at the moment; don't be greedy, honestly...

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I approve whereas you say you want to see more creative towns. BUT; remember that D101 had a lot of defence. Nobody came out of the town when raiders arrived (apart from me with my lava buckets) but it was a NEUTRAL town. Sure; I want to see less boxes, but I still expect people to have protection. As for Ironpass; you had walls. Once you were regioned, nobody could get inside (although some did through exploits), just gonna mention that.

People have NEVER been forced to make ways into their town. Never ever. Not in Sanctum, not in Zeal, and it should not happen in Dragon either. You can find other ways of PvP; you don't need to have a 1st class ticket to everyone's chests. Also that; what next, wanting people to uncover EVERY CHEST? To force people into giving their houses wooden doors? Why not make it that, whenever the TC are raiding, a region in a town is removed for a week to give them enough time to destroy the place?

Warshard just came out. People were just PvPing there like crazy. Mainly TC. Join it if you want fun in PvP.

As for ''banding together'', many do. Many miners do. The PvPers join groups like the TC, ect. Not everyone is good at PvP, even with the skills.

Remember Lorien? When WeeWoo got on region and emptied every chest? They lost a lot; didn't even die. (I'm not supporting what he did, just saying that, even though mostly every chest was cleaned, Lorien survived). Yeah, as for ''burning the place down'' I doubt that would ever happen again, legally this time. Lorien has defences; how do you expect the server to ''team up and fight back'' if we can't get in your town?

You are trying to make it seem that people HAVE to PvP. Errrm, Kainzo has said already that this isn't a PvP server. It plays a big part, but not everyone wants to do it. Many play MC for reasons other than the killing aspect. You lot have a lot of PvP at the moment; don't be greedy, honestly...

I want ways into towns just for the interesting factor. I'm fine if every house has a iron door on it and all the chests are covered, I expect it. SHit I would even be fine if they had no pvp regions again. I just want to see nicer looking towns that I can explore.

I'm not saying people have to pvp, I'm saying pvp is an inevitable part of this game, and I would rather it come naturally, instead of the CRAZY REGION FUCK that it is at this current time.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I want ways into towns just for the interesting factor. I'm fine if every house has a iron door on it and all the chests are covered, I expect it. SHit I would even be fine if they had no pvp regions again. I just want to see nicer looking towns that I can explore.

I'm not saying people have to pvp, I'm saying pvp is an inevitable part of this game, and I would rather it come naturally, instead of the CRAZY REGION FUCK that it is at this current time.

You talk about wanting more PvP, yet now you say you want to see the towns ''look''? Right....

''Naturally'' occuring PvP comes from players in the wild, yes? If people choose to hide in regions; so be it. Not everyone wants to PvP.