• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Kingdom wars- What needs to be done

Aetosion

Obsidian
Kingdoms are forming, towns are allying, 5 groups are nearing the requisite towns for Kingdom. Sound like fun? It does to me!

What needs to be done before Kingdoms start raging war upon each other?

1) Multi-Party system. Allow larger parties, parties allied, or an inability to kill others in the same Kingdom/Township. That needs to get done.

2) Lower Kingdom costs another 5-10k (or lower taxes), we want to encourage towns to band together. Kingdom needs more incentive.

3) Remove the 3-city Kingdom limitation. Last I read, kingdoms are only allowed to have a maximum of 1 Capital and 2 Cities. This takes a huge amount away from the potential of Kingdoms. Strike this rule.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Who told you you can only have 3-town limit?

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
You can have more than 3 towns, but you would have to pay extra upkeep(250c per town) for the extra towns. Also, it can be hard to fit more than 4-5 towns within a Kingdom's regions with just 20 pylons that need to be 50r within a region of a town and also 50r also within the viewing distance of the next pylon.

See: http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Towns#Kingdom for more information about Kingdoms.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Meh. Let people do what they want. I tend to find the creative aspects of this server more rewarding than the destructive ones.

However I'm all for larger party sizes! I'm always filling those up lol

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
How about, both towns have a war at a certain time in the desired location, they have to control and capture the middle of the desired area and stand there until the capture is complete..... Like domination from COD.

Joka10

Soulsand
While kingdom cost, size, and party size can be changed around by staff, staff can't really influence whether or not kingdoms decide to go to war... that's just something that will either happen or not happen. Things can be changed around to make kingdoms easier, but I know that at least two of the potential kingdoms are allied, and a third is pretty friendly with them. I don't really know what the other two you're talking about are, but I don't really think that the server is as ripe for a war as you make it seem. Alliances start wars, yes, but I think too many of the potential major players are already allied with one another.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Sorry to go off topic but...really? Out of all the examples you used COD. There is things like TF2 and even the real life game of capture the flag.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Kingdoms are forming, towns are allying, 5 groups are nearing the requisite towns for Kingdom. Sound like fun? It does to me!

What needs to be done before Kingdoms start raging war upon each other?

1) Multi-Party system. Allow larger parties, parties allied, or an inability to kill others in the same Kingdom/Township. That needs to get done.

2) Lower Kingdom costs another 5-10k (or lower taxes), we want to encourage towns to band together. Kingdom needs more incentive.

3) Remove the 3-city Kingdom limitation. Last I read, kingdoms are only allowed to have a maximum of 1 Capital and 2 Cities. This takes a huge amount away from the potential of Kingdoms. Strike this rule.

FINALLY some good ideas! :p I swear, the last posts I read about ''Township Vs. Township, Kingdom Vs. Kingdom'', were all like;

Hurr, errr, yeah, we errr want townships to fight more and more kingdoms to fight for more pvp. - Basically them asking staff to force kingdom war. I'm like ''wtf!''.

Aetosion, very nice ideas! :D I like the one about bigger parties, maybe a donor perk? Having parties merging to form larger ones sounds like GREAT idea, it would work well if two seperate parties, randomly encountering eachother, both formed together to take on one enemy.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
What's good about these ideas is that they INFLUENCE war but do not FORCE it. They give people REASONS to expand, and as people expand, they might conflict. And if they do; woop woop, we have a war! ;)

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
The one thing I dislike about Herocraft is how the idea of "war" has been implemented.

It's impossible to have an all-out war in this server between townships and kingdoms because there's no real way to declare a winner. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that townships are too safe: they're sealed off from the outside world with tall walls and glass domes, and the only way inside is through some sort of gate system with a decontamination process set in place. Your average raid consists of you and a small group of allies sitting outside an enemy fort, watching your enemy's movements like a hawk for a mistake that you can exploit to gain access. That's not war. That's boring.

I propose that we do away with the concept of protected regions for townships and kingdoms. This will allow effective sieges and promote more exciting PVP throughout the server. In all honesty, the only protection we need for towns are LWCs (for chests) and enforcement of the griefing rule (replace blocks you destroy with the exception of rare blocks.)

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this idea, but I think it's the simplest way to make PVP more fun. We've stayed protected behind our city's walls for too long.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I propose that we do away with the concept of protected regions for townships and kingdoms. This will allow effective sieges and promote more exciting PVP throughout the server. In all honesty, the only protection we need for towns are LWCs (for chests) and enforcement of the griefing rule (replace blocks you destroy with the exception of rare blocks.)

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this idea, but I think it's the simplest way to make PVP more fun. We've stayed protected behind our city's walls for too long.

PvP was fun in Sanctum. War was fun in Sanctum.

PvP was fun in Zeal. War was fun in Zeal.

In both cases, regions were in place. Infact, some say PvP was the greatest in Sanctum; and in those days people could have MUCH bigger regions, also with unlimited LWCs! :eek: May I mention these LWCs were also free.

Taking out regions is a big ''no'' in my eyes. To be honest, towns have always made walls, defences, region-access-only areas, ect. That hasn't stopped PvP on this map; a change in attitude of many players has. In Zeal; TONNES of people wanted to raid, to attack others, ect. I guess that, after people got into their town and stole stuff, they began to realise they needed defence. When Dragon came around; I guess everyone just wanted safety.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
PvP was fun in Sanctum. War was fun in Sanctum.

PvP was fun in Zeal. War was fun in Zeal.

In both cases, regions were in place. Infact, some say PvP was the greatest in Sanctum; and in those days people could have MUCH bigger regions, also with unlimited LWCs! :eek: May I mention these LWCs were also free.

Taking out regions is a big ''no'' in my eyes. To be honest, towns have always made walls, defences, region-access-only areas, ect. That hasn't stopped PvP on this map; a change in attitude of many players has. In Zeal; TONNES of people wanted to raid, to attack others, ect. I guess that, after people got into their town and stole stuff, they began to realise they needed defence. When Dragon came around; I guess everyone just wanted safety.

Precisely; after the millionth time of having stuff stolen from us, we realized that in order to protect our valuables, we have to seal ourselves in. Now, raiding a town (legally) is entirely dependent on the stupidity of the people who built it - using weaknesses in the defenses of the town to the attacker's advantage (for example, a wall that isn't a part of the town's region, or a mining tunnel that leads straight into the center of the town.) The problem is, exploiting these weaknesses usually only works once (if the weaknesses even exist at all!) because they're fixed almost immediately afterwards.

My point is, it's not difficult at all to make your town entirely raid-proof. Just build a huge cube around your town, ensuring that it's within your region, force all of your citizens to mine outside of the city so they don't penetrate the town's walls from underground, and building a single entrance and exit to the town with a decontamination chamber so that you don't accidentally let any hostiles inside. I can guarantee that you will never (legally) be the victim of a siege.

If we plan on having all-out wars, we need a way to capture and destroy enemy territory. Otherwise, it's not a real war. The idea of war in Dragon is stupid because at the end of the day, everybody gets to go home and relax in their nice, comfortable beds at night, knowing they won't be attacked because of this magical barrier that prevents the city walls from being destroyed. Half the fun of town-based PVP is the idea that, if you lose a fight, you might also lose your home.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I personally think that the trade district should be taken out. I think it will increase the pvp a good amount because the shops will need to be on the HC roads like they were in zeal (pvp hotspot). This may be a bit more frustrating for the newbies but for those who aren't newbies it will add a bit more excitement and action like there use to be during zeal map. The trade district should only be for those over priced DHX shops and well the DHX. I don't really think this thread is all about making towns go to war but another attempt to increase pvp on herocraft. Oh and on the kingdom stuff, I agree.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I personally think that the trade district should be taken out. I think it will increase the pvp a good amount because the shops will need to be on the HC roads like they were in zeal (pvp hotspot). This may be a bit more frustrating for the newbies but for those who aren't newbies it will add a bit more excitement and action like there use to be during zeal map. The trade district should only be for those over priced DHX shops and well the DHX. I don't really think this thread is all about making towns go to war but another attempt to increase pvp on herocraft. Oh and on the kingdom stuff, I agree.

In Zeal there was a trade district. People couldn't use it untill near the end of the map because child-regions didn't work. Well it works now. That's why there is a more active trade district.

The issue of sealing now comes from the skill thieves have. Problem solved.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
A while ago I came up with an idea to increase world pvp.

I personally like Minecraft pvp because of the fact of how open ended it is. If you put it into a regioned Arena it would, for me ruin the whole aspect of raiding and war.

I understand that you are trying to find away around the harsh aspects of pvp, but I don't think this is the way to do it.

Maybe add in landmarks that, when under control by members of your town, generates 25 c to your mayor at the end of every Minecraft day. I think it would be really cool to have constant clashes over these landmarks, and would give us something that we can always raid. Plus it would be interesting to see how different forces join up, and spread out their Pvpers, to get the most landmarks.

I don't know if something like this exists, or if something like this could even be coded but i think it would be a good way to add in pvp, without the town camping aspect.

If these became the pvp hotspots than we wouldn't have to worry about border humping anymore aswell.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
In Zeal there was a trade district. People couldn't use it untill near the end of the map because child-regions didn't work. Well it works now. That's why there is a more active trade district.

The issue of sealing now comes from the skill thieves have. Problem solved.

There was a trade district? Is my memory failing me?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@Truecorruptor

The PvP, at shops, that you are talking about were the fights at Airbus101's shop.

I know it was fun, for some people, but it raised MANY issues to do with camping, harassment, ect. The whole area had to be regioned because griefing, PvPers and such got out of control. If we allowed this to happen again; it would put pressure on the staff to fix the issues. In a way, constant petitions about camping/harassment/griefing will get on their nerves.