• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Keybind mods?

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I might get in trouble but HERE it wasnt hard to find. When using Google keep an open mind: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123409-123-wdmods-creepers-sneak-and-chat/page__st__2020
Read the ENTIRE forum page and the ones around it to understand all the bugs and whos updating it and such. (100-103)
Also, either the 1.3.2 version doesnt work with Reis minimap or I goofed up. I use 1.3.1 instead to keep both nice and happy.
Imp chat has always had compatibility issues with Rei's minimap

Mumfrey

Retired Staff
I didn't realise my mod had been made illegal on your server but I'd like you guys to know that the next release version will include a client/server handshake that allows features of the mod to be controlled using normal bukkit permissions (with the assistance of a lightweight server plugin). This would allow the server admins to - for example - grant simple binds to ordinary players but offer more functionality to moderators (or equivalent rank on your server).

I'm hoping that these changes will make it possible for people to use the mod again, by allowing server admins to control the functionality that's available. If this turns out to not be sufficient then I would be delighted to hear input from server administrators on the limitations that they would like to see applied, and implement those measures as well.

Sorry for the tenuous necroposting but I don't get a chance to browse these forums too often.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
I didn't realise my mod had been made illegal on your server but I'd like you guys to know that the next release version will include a client/server handshake that allows features of the mod to be controlled using normal bukkit permissions (with the assistance of a lightweight server plugin). This would allow the server admins to - for example - grant simple binds to ordinary players but offer more functionality to moderators (or equivalent rank on your server).

I'm hoping that these changes will make it possible for people to use the mod again, by allowing server admins to control the functionality that's available. If this turns out to not be sufficient then I would be delighted to hear input from server administrators on the limitations that they would like to see applied, and implement those measures as well.

Sorry for the tenuous necroposting but I don't get a chance to browse these forums too often.

You are a beast

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Never realized you were doing that mod :) lovely!

Mumfrey

Retired Staff
The permissions plugin I created is available here and supports the 1.3.2 version and upwards. I also created a video tutorial of how it works and how to set it up which can be found in the comments. I guess from that point it's really just a case of whether your admins are satisfied that it enables them to lock down the mod to their satisfaction, and whether they're happy to run the plugin.

If it doesn't provide sufficient reassurance, then I'd value any feedback they can provide on how I can improve matters.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
The permissions plugin I created is available here and supports the 1.3.2 version and upwards. I also created a video tutorial of how it works and how to set it up which can be found in the comments. I guess from that point it's really just a case of whether your admins are satisfied that it enables them to lock down the mod to their satisfaction, and whether they're happy to run the plugin.

If it doesn't provide sufficient reassurance, then I'd value any feedback they can provide on how I can improve matters.
Kainzo , this guy needs to be a HC coder now... :)

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8

Glad your so devoted to making your mod work for everyone! Not everyone is like that. Sounds like this will be just what herocraft needs since I love the functionality of your mod (the keyboard and the ability to bind EVERY key)

Mumfrey

Retired Staff
Glad your so devoted to making your mod work for everyone! Not everyone is like that. Sounds like this will be just what herocraft needs since I love the functionality of your mod (the keyboard and the ability to bind EVERY key)
Well I really just want to provide a powerful tool, the problem is that powerful tools can be abused but rather than cripple it or provide multiple versions (which just makes it awkward for users who play on multiple servers where some allow it and some don't) I figured putting the control in the admins' hands was a sensible idea.

I'm really open to feedback on what I've implemented though, I've built it as a standalone library so that maybe CJB, Rei's, Zombe's might adopt it as well (would be my aim) so that there's one standard method of controlling the ability of client mods. Getting admin's comments would be really good though.

If anyone wants to get hold of me then I have about every conceivable IM programme except Skype, plus I'm on #voxelbox irc most evenings and on the Ventrilo quite a lot.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Well I really just want to provide a powerful tool, the problem is that powerful tools can be abused but rather than cripple it or provide multiple versions (which just makes it awkward for users who play on multiple servers where some allow it and some don't) I figured putting the control in the admins' hands was a sensible idea.

I'm really open to feedback on what I've implemented though, I've built it as a standalone library so that maybe CJB, Rei's, Zombe's might adopt it as well (would be my aim) so that there's one standard method of controlling the ability of client mods. Getting admin's comments would be really good though.

If anyone wants to get hold of me then I have about every conceivable IM programme except Skype, plus I'm on #voxelbox irc most evenings and on the Ventrilo quite a lot.
This man is a genius, due to the fact that he shares the same birthday as me. Let get ClientPermissions a run on the test server and see if we can't get it in the main server.

Danda volunteered for the task of seeing if the mod was herocraft friendly on the 5th in this thread. I bugged him about it a few days ago in offtopic chat and he said hes working on it as time permits. Perhaps some face time with the man behind the mod would speed up the process.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8

Well I think the majority of the herocraft community, including the staff. If you have teamspeak I am sure you could talk to Danda or any of the other people who decide on the allowed client mods. I believe the teamspeak ip is: ts.herocraftonline.com pw: dhrocks

Mumfrey

Retired Staff
Oh yes, one thing I forgot to mention is that I also put the source for the client and server parts on GitHub so if that helps your devs/admins assess it then they can see how it's structured. It's not changed since 1.3.2 but basically because it's kind of API-agnostic on the Client and uses a tiny, stable portion of the Bukkit API neither part has actually needed changing yet. There is no client binary because it can just be compiled into a mod directly.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Oh yes, one thing I forgot to mention is that I also put the source for the client and server parts on GitHub so if that helps your devs/admins assess it then they can see how it's structured. It's not changed since 1.3.2 but basically because it's kind of API-agnostic on the Client and uses a tiny, stable portion of the Bukkit API neither part has actually needed changing yet. There is no client binary because it can just be compiled into a mod directly.
You definitely know your stuff :)