• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Is it just me that thinks zeal was so much better?

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
This is mainly to all people that played the previous map 'zeal'.

In my opinion I feel that almost everything about zeal was so much better than it is now. The fact people can now be a profession and a combat class has almost completly destroyed the economy around professions. There are only two things about this map which I prefer. These are the fact that your levels now save and there is a stamina bar. Apart from this I feel almost everything has gradually become worse, even the community (no offence meant to people who only started playing this map). As well as this i feel that the introduction of a 'hamlet' has destroyed the town system because it is so easy to get a hamlet, a township used to be an achivment gotten by a lot of people working together. A hamlet can now be easily achived by one person with few others just for the creation. The economy is also now dreadful, even the most simple items seemed to hold some form of value in zeal but now the only way to make money seems to be gold or selling items in stupidly large amounts. Also from the latest apps i have seen it seems to be a LOT easier to get onto this server meaning that the community is filling up with people that dont really care for the server. Proctors should look through apps not just for no bans and someone saying they like the server but people should make more lengthy apps to get onto the server showing they actually care about getting onto and seeing the server. Also due to less towns PvP seemed better and the towns that were made seemed to also look a lot nicer. I understand how much work has been put into this new map and enjoy seeing the new things that are being implemented but personally i feel zeal was so much better.

I was wondering what other players that played zeal thought, is this just me that feels this way or do more people feel the same?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Also from the latest apps i have seen it seems to be a LOT easier to get onto this server meaning that the community is filling up with people that dont really care for the server. Proctors should look through apps not just for no bans and someone saying they like the server but people should make more lengthy apps to get onto the server showing they actually care about getting onto and seeing the server.

I agree with everything except this. Do not bring the Proctors into this, we have instructions on what to look for, we are not to make judgements on how "worthy" someone is based on the content in their application. Kainzo himself makes those directives, we just follow what we are told to do.

And now with the future introduction of the greylist, it will be even easier to get on the server =)

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree with everything except this. Do not bring the Proctors into this, we have instructions on what to look for, we are not to make judgements on how "worthy" someone is based on the content in their application. Kainzo himself makes those directives, we just follow what we are told to do.

And now with the future introduction of the greylist, it will be even easier to get on the server =)

Sorry I didn't mean anything bad to the procters :) its just a kind of idillic situation that I was talking about. The procters do a perfectly fine job I'm just saying what would in my opinion make things slightly better :)

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry I didn't mean anything bad to the procters :) its just a kind of idillic situation that I was talking about. The procters do a perfectly fine job I'm just saying what would in my opinion make things slightly better :)

Oh trust me there are some applications I look at and think "My God I am going to regret whitelisting this individual....." but since their history is clean I "have" to. Lol

And really everyone should be given a chance. This server is great, you cannot fault them for wanting to be here ^_^

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
You just about summed up everything I have been trying to identify for reasons this map seems worse than Zeal, and I must thank you for that

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
I know that it's great but I think if they really want to be here they should put a little bit more effort into their applications :), you see so many apps that havent even written a line for each section.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked the seperated professions and PvP classes, it made crafters much more important to the economy. There seem to be a lot more small, ugly, towns this map than last map, in which every town seemed to take more time to build, and to make something nice looking. DG is a good map though, equal with Zeal in almost every way to me.

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
I like professions but like @WoleverEntun Said more ugly towns and ALOT LESS PvP.

I think we should have a stable north road, temple is O.K but idk :p

One reason I liked Zeal better @pandaman7 was here.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked the focus on the roads system, all the big towns were near it, all the big shops were on it, it was a better focal point than scattered towns plus DG.

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
That North Road just can't be replicated though, such a shame, those fights where epic

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked the focus on the roads system, all the big towns were near it, all the big shops were on it, it was a better focal point than scattered towns plus DG.
The road protection should just be take off... Protect everything except the road itself, not all around the road.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I believe this map... for me personally is 10 times more fun than last map. The only experiences that compete with this maps PvP related ordeals are North road battles between the freepers and the TC and the weekly events, which seem rather rare these days.

I love duel specializing - I think it's a great system and allows for more diversity and satisfaction in terms of what players can choose from

There is always gonna be players that say last map was better - Heck, I miss the days of Sanctum where there was no Heroes at all! But we needed a change.

I, for one, have had a great time playing this map. I'm managing a successful town (last map my town was pretty much dead besides me and a couple others), and I've come to the conclusion that Duel specializing is probably the main reason I still play on this server, besides the community, which I believe has improved since Zeal... (Remember all the hackers/exploiters? - Tree Creeper incidents? DMIL23, SoloPanda, zdylann, etc?). I remember the day when staff buckled down on cheaters and how satisfied I was - I never see people flying or speed hacking or glitching into towns (rare occurrences.. still happens) anymore.

Remember all the great things that have been introduced this map - Townships didn't come out a month after the map started, duel specializing, Mob Arena, SpoutCraft, Monthly PvP/PvE events, HeroTowns, Introducing of Graveyards to prevent bed spawns... and many other things i can't thing of off the top of my head.... Soon there will be Warshard and Legends out...

I agree, there are tweaks to be made, I agree hamlets are too easy to create, that regions should be removed/limited on the roads, that certain classes should be nerfed/buffed - But you have to remember that you have a staff that listens to your every complaint and takes that into account when they try to make the Herocraft Server better. They aren't sitting on their asses taking in donations while they watch the server crumble like most Minecraft servers do nowadays.

I just think if I were to compare Zeal to Dragongarde, I'd say in order to confirm Zeal as a better map, you'd have to be there for it all and remember how TERRIBLE the start of Zeal was and how many AWESOME innovations were made for the start Dragongarde to prevent the things that happened at the start of Zeal. I was pumped for the end of Zeal - TBH I was glad it was over. I'm gonna be sad to say goodbye to Dragongarde for the next wipe.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just you.

When Zeal was out, Sanctum was best, when sanctum came out, Kingdom was best. It's just the way it goes. Your first map is generally your "most fun" because Herocraft is brand new, new memories are formed and your brain takes a shit.

You will never be able to reproduce or clone the feelings of the past. Those plugins have changed, maps get old, shit happens.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Indeed, in Zeal I had a liking for Sanctum, and in Dragongarde I now have a liking for Zeal, though to a lesser degree, as I actually wield some power this map.

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
Has anyone played since the original HC map and is still playing now? I went from the tail end of Sanctum up through here, but I can't think of anyone I know who's gone much further than beginning of Sanctum. Well, besides for, say, Kainzo