• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Input requested (Hunger Games + Heroes)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
SERVER = hunger.hc.to or hunger.hc.to:1234
Hunger Games Plugin

I am aiming to have 100-300 players playing this 'game mode' with either;
  1. Make a new server with Heroes + Hunger Games
  2. Integrate Hunger Games to current Herocraft RPG
What do you want to see from fast-action PVP?
(If new server)
  • Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match?
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster?
  • What kind of rewards should the winner of each "game" get?
  • How many people per map do you want?
Store Items
  • Class-PVP Kits (usuable ever 15+ minutes)
  • Reserved Access
  • Titles
  • VIP-Arenas
This is already in a work-able / playable state but we will be making changes to it. Let me know what you think, I'm interested in hearing what the community would like to see.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
Do you want Heroes to Reset every game/match? The answer is no. Because we need to get some little experince per win and you get Survivor title when you get 20 level.

Do you want heroes leveling much faster? No i don't. Because it must be hard to level up.

What kind of rewards should the winner of each '' game '' get? Exp , elo or some coins on herocraft.

How many people per map do you want? I want 16 people per map.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I think each match should be a separate game. Therefore, have the levels reset each match, leave the leveling fast as it is, but make passive mobs and skill usage give no exp.

Rewards could be titles on the Hero Games (see what I did there) server and a leaderboard. A multitude of maps sizes would be good. 8, 16, and 32-sized maps.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
How about overall-level, and "in-game" levels? Like, overall levels would be outside of the actual matches, while ingame would be the matches. The ingame levels would reset every game, but the outside levels would be the way to earn titles, etc. Perhaps even make it tiered, so you get more classes the higher overall level you are, but not as in rogue -> ninja, but like warrior -> rogue -> caster -> healer? :S
I dunno. I'd like it to reset every match.'

EDIT: Might want to change it to hunger.hc.to instead of hunger.mc.to

Vidal

TNT
  • Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match? Depends on the class changes that will be made.
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster? Most likely.
  • What kind of rewards should the winner of each "game" get? Choice between exp or money that can be claimed on the main heroes server. Titles can be earned after a certain amount of games that carry over to the main server.
  • How many people per map do you want? I think what Alator suggested would be good. "A multitude of maps sizes would be good. 8, 16, and 32-sized maps."

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
  • Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match? No, I don't.
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster? Kind of.
  • What kind of rewards should the winner of each "game" get? In relation to what Danielcan said, I think that with every win you should get exp, unlocking new skills.
  • How many people per map do you want? Well, anywhere from 10-40

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
You ought to do a special opener for the Hunger Games and do it like the books - pick 2 random active members from each town and make them all fight it out :) And televise the hell out of it for huge ratings...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1 & 2:
I personally think the heroes levels should reset each round and build it kinda of like a MOBA in the sense that you've got faster leveling and you progressively get stronger as the round goes on but everyone is on an even playing field at the start of the match.

3:
Some form of stat tracking would be good then maybe allow the players to show their number of wins in a suffix or something. Also have other prefix title rewards for various land marks.

4:
I think you should allow the option to have various sizes of maps but allow them to have a minimum & maximum player count for each map to account for slower times of the day.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
  • Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match? Yeah because there would be a higher level player would pretty much always win.
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster? Yes I think there should be less levels. Like levels 1-10 each level gains a skill. Same leveling speed.
  • be around 8 classes. 2 rogue, 2 Warrior, 2 caster, and 2 healers.
Rogue- A Archer class like ranger. And a class similar to Runeblade/Ninja(Should get One)

Warrior- Have a class like Palladin and a class like Dragoon. Because of their armor, they should get a passive skill that slows them.

Caster- A wizard clas and a necro class

Healer- Cleric(but not so op) and a disciple class.
  • How many people per map do you want? Around 16.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
  • Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match? Yeah because there would be a higher level player would pretty much always win.
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster? Yes I think there should be around 8 classes. 2 rogue, 2 Warrior, 2 caster, and 2 healers.
Rogue- Archer and a class similar to Runeblade/Ninja(Should get one)

Warrior- Have a class like Palladin and a class like Dragoon.
What kind of rewards should the winner of each "game" get?
  • How many people per map do you want? Around 16.
This only uses the 4 basic classes with a special skillset.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How much lag will this create?
If it's on a separate server it won't even effect the RPG server, but without testing I can't say whether or not stability issues will be created if we host it on there.

However we are also looking into linking servers with bungee cord, but we've not done enough testing to see if this is a realistic idea.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
  • Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match? Possible, more so give options for people to either reset or continue on their current path.
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster? Faster usually is better for this game mode. There WILL be constant unfairness due to balancing and just the sake of not getting to those treasure chests without dying.
  • What kind of rewards should the winner of each "game" get? Bragging rights :p Possibly every 5 wins, they get an extra item or something.
  • How many people per map do you want? Variable, for all I care, we could have architects design up some maps for as few as 8 people (small map) or as big as 48 people (large).
Other ideas:
Since this is going to be on another server, I'd imagine that we could have the base of multi-server Heroes for variety of arcade game modes, (hunger games, team fights like Team Fortress 2, Super Smash Bros with a functional lobby system). With BungeeCord, this would even be easier to switch between the game types as each game type would be it's own server to minimalize lag, and each player would just have to walk between portals.

• Do you want Heroes to RESET every game/match? Yes, because if it don't reset, there will be players more powerfull than others, I think it would be the same items of td.
  • Do you want to have Heroes leveling much faster? Yes.
  • What kind of rewards should the winner of each "game" get? Coins,titles and xp.
  • How many people per map do you want? 24,16,8.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I'd prefer a separate server with classes resetting every game, you start specced, and a really low leveling curve. This way everyone starts at the same level and they have to find manage time between getting equipment and leveling skills.

Kainzo Also doesn't this apply to Heroes?
Hunger games plugin page said:
Conflictions:
  • Any plugin that modifies damage amounts by applying more damage can sometimes cause issues and make the player actually die (ie McMMO).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd prefer a separate server with classes resetting every game, you start specced, and a really low leveling curve. This way everyone starts at the same level and they have to find manage time between getting equipment and leveling skills.

Kainzo Also doesn't this apply to Heroes?
I'm working with the dev - telling how to fix it.