• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroes... we need to talk.

Should players be able to have a COMBAT role and a CRAFTER role at the same time?

• Total voters

malmenca

Diamond
Regarding the use of crafter spells while pvping, Add a spell possibly that would give u a different spell set? similar to /hero choose <spec> but not 500c, and set the 1 Combat, 1 Crafter that can be switched out at will, but not instantaneously. 100% mana maybe a 3 second warmup if possible, and a 5 minute cooldown, it would be rendered useless in a pvp situation to switch to smith for example, but it wouldn't hinder u so much that u switch to crafter for a project then get attacked and get demolished.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
YES! I have to say this is the most excited I have been for a heroes update since the new map was released.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
K. Body of text:

My initial thoughts on this would be that finally people who love crafting to build and just build would have an outlet to defend themselves.

HOWEVER, thinking back that 1.8 is just around the corner, it'd be interesting to see how Heroes and PVP will be heavily affected (no longer can those pvpers just right click on steak or cooked chicken and instant heal) so there is that that crafters most likely will benefit. If you were to say that crafters hit a little harder with their picaxes (lets admit it, picks poke you in the eye and stab you to death), then things would be even. HOWEVER, I'm still reserved about changing heroes before this 1.8 business is taken care of first.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
^That, but it seems like a good idea. And being a smith wasnt a bad pvp class. It had lots of HP and decent attack with Diamond Pick. In no way was it a real push over. I feel like it will take a lot of work for 1.8 (and hopefully 1.9 soon) to be coded to work with heroes and fix most of the kinks.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
We need to keep all our current classes. I am a lvl 50 cleric, lvl 50 engineer, lvl 30 monk. I think crafters are fun to play, but what happens when everyone goes ninja smith?

ninja smiths will rape.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
We need to keep all our current classes. I am a lvl 50 cleric, lvl 50 engineer, lvl 30 monk. I think crafters are fun to play, but what happens when everyone goes ninja smith?

ninja smiths will rape.

That was addressed a bit earlier actually- it's a matter of not allowing non-combat abilities such as repairing while in combat. A particularly good idea given was to have a skill to switch between the two classes at 100% mana cost with a 3 second warmup and x second cooldown.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Why will a ninja smith rape? Leather armor.... Cant be repaired and sucks. Diamond sword... Doesnt die easily.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, but repair leather armor? for the cost of leather? And diamond swords last for a long time. A new one wont run out during a pvp session. Pally smith or something with good armor will be good to have a smith., Ninja smith wont make a difference unless you can use the armor that smiths are allowed to wear.

So yea there would definitly have to be tweaks so that warriors and clerics wouldn't be able to keep their armor at full while everyone else struggles with what they got, but still a great idea none the less

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
I think it would be a great idea, it wouldnt restrict us anymore from having to choose between crafter or combat. It is always a pain having somone walk across the map just to make a gate for you. Also it would increase the amount of shops, and then creating more of a competition between stores and making sure the economy of Herocraft is balanced.

Gondus

Gold
OK, time for my two cents.

First off, a different implementation of this would to have primary and secondary specs. Your secondary spec is only allowed to use skills up to level 35, while your primary is allowed to use your full arsenal.

This would allow crafter's to have combat abilities to fight back, while people who main spec crafter's are still able to hold their position where they are unique.

Duel spec would work for me too, but going the middle ground is sometimes the better idea (though I am not saying this idea is better, I am just putting it out there).

Dustyman

TNT
I don't quite understand, say I choose crafter and rouge, every time I mine wood, would it be:
CRAFTER gained 1.5 exp.
ROUGE gained 1.5 exp.
What if, one would be your main path, the other would be your secondary class, then I could choose crafter as my main path and rouge as my secondary, I mine a peice of wood:
CRAFTER gained 1.5 exp.
I kill a person:
ROUGE gained 30 exp.
CRAFTER gained 10 exp. Just thinking out loud again, maybe your primary path gets more abilities than your secondary?
*Edit Man, Gondus beat me to this idea, lol.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Are you saying you could activate 2 spec at same time? instead of one?

SO if you DIDNT want to PVP could you dual spec in Crafter aka mason, AND Alchemist?

instead of crafter/warrior?

or are you just making the server even more PVP oriented?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

SO if you DIDNT want to PVP could you dual spec in Crafter aka mason, AND Alchemist?

I concur, this is not a hardcore PVP server, just a a hardcore one

Gondus

Gold

Currently they are thinking of setting it up where you can pick one damage spec and one crafter spec.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
More combat abilities will mean more defense for crafters, not more pvp

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
I vote a very strong NO!!!! Crafters forfeit combat abilities for the most part for their abilities, and Fighter classes forfeit those abilities for combat ability. It should be one or the other, not both. Changed my opinion; see later posts.