• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & Quests - coming soon!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'll be looking to my Lore/Quest/Dungeon team for help with creating Quests for Herocraft. They will be associated with Lore and will be a master undertaking. The files / setup can be viewed here. If you are interested, I'll be taking applications soon.

Note: this requires SOME knowledge of YML Formatting and server side plugin support.
http://wiki.citizensnpcs.net/Category:Citizens1

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Ooh, I've got a quest. It's called "Kill five boars", where you undertake the task of killing five boars. Pretty unique, huh? Can I be on the team now?

Joka10

Soulsand
I hope these quests are a little more complicated than ones that I have seen on other servers. Usually they just require you to kill a few mobs or gather some items... Looking forward to them anyway, though.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I hope these quests are a little more complicated than ones that I have seen on other servers. Usually they just require you to kill a few mobs or gather some items... Looking forward to them anyway, though.
Well we are somewhat limited by what the plugin is currently capable of but as an example of what we could do with the plugins I could make a quest that requires you to go kill X many of [monster] and loot Y [items] then go and deliver them to this guy [NPC]. This quest would require a little bit of mob killing, looting and then a bit of exploration to find the end NPC.

I could also make it so you cannot leave a X block radius from the NPC so you cannot just run to a MA to complete the kill part of the quest.

I'm also looking into the idea of a Randomly generated Player killing quest.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Will the dungeon map include any of these? I know dungeons are there to have an ''End Location'', where you would get a reward. However, would we be implimenting this into the map? It could create great things for the decorative areas we have planned! :D

Joka10

Soulsand
Well we are somewhat limited by what the plugin is currently capable of but as an example of what we could do with the plugins I could make a quest that requires you to go kill X many of [monster] and loot Y [items] then go and deliver them to this guy [NPC]. This quest would require a little bit of mob killing, looting and then a bit of exploration to find the end NPC.

I could also make it so you cannot leave a X block radius from the NPC so you cannot just run to a MA to complete the kill part of the quest.

I'm also looking into the idea of a Randomly generated Player killing quest.
Yeah, I know there are limitations. If there was something where you had to travel across the map a few times and talk to a bunch of people, killing mobs and transporting items, that would be cool. The easy, straightforward "Go kill 6 zombies and I will give you EXP" type thing is just boring in my opinion. There could be some simple ones like that, but I wanna see things on a larger scale...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Danda, the dungeon lead, will be helping with this a lot :)

We may have a few kill quests to get started but the majority, I'm hoping for, will be very thought out an indepth.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I'll be looking to my Lore/Quest/Dungeon team for help with creating Quests for Herocraft. They will be associated with Lore and will be a master undertaking. The files / setup can be viewed here. If you are interested, I'll be taking applications soon.
Me like. Can't wait for this :)