• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft as I see It

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Daz your intelligence, common sense and general attitude on the forums is so awesome... You really help counteract the trolls and other dumb posters. :)

Yes, understaff should DEFINITELY be put in line if misbehaving.

Axcess

Legacy Supporter 3
I have to agree that when someone disagrees, they should have a decent reason posted as to why. Especially when the OP is talking about ideas or asking for criticism. Posting offensive, stupid shit against the OP's topic/idea only dishearten's others from posting if they realize that they could be crucified on the forums for having a bad idea.

Just don't respond if you don't have anything constructive to say. Of course people can disagree, but don't be a dick about it.

Now, one thing to take into consideration, is that the average age of Minecraft players has lowered to around to the teens...like 12-16 yr olds. That, by default, will warrant non-constructive posts. My first minecraft server that I joined way back in Nov. 2010 was vastly populated by 18+ just because Minecraft alpha/beta 1.0 was unknown to the mainstream crowd. I ended up being a staff member on that server (not anymore) and had to quit b/c I became a babysitter. Many of the old fart veteran players left b/c of the kids playing. My head imploded by the amount of children applying. Now...well now parents are finding out that there is this cute lego-like game that they can let their kid play. Those kids eventually find themselves on popular servers griefing left and right and on the forums contributing jack shit.

I also think that this rule shouldn't be applied to all forums. Maybe the forums like Off-Topic, Other Games, and the less serious forums should be more lax in a sense. I think the general nature of those forums kind of warrant non-seriousness lol.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I have to agree that when someone disagrees, they should have a decent reason posted as to why. Especially when the OP is talking about ideas or asking for criticism. Posting offensive, stupid shit against the OP's topic/idea only dishearten's others from posting if they realize that they could be crucified on the forums for having a bad idea.

Just don't respond if you don't have anything constructive to say. Of course people can disagree, but don't be a dick about it.

Now, one thing to take into consideration, is that the average age of Minecraft players has lowered to around to the teens...like 12-16 yr olds. That, by default, will warrant non-constructive posts. My first minecraft server that I joined way back in Nov. 2010 was vastly populated by 18+ just because Minecraft alpha/beta 1.0 was unknown to the mainstream crowd. I ended up being a staff member on that server (not anymore) and had to quit b/c I became a babysitter. Many of the old fart veteran players left b/c of the kids playing. My head imploded by the amount of children applying. Now...well now parents are finding out that there is this cute lego-like game that they can let their kid play. Those kids eventually find themselves on popular servers griefing left and right and on the forums contributing jack shit.

I also think that this rule shouldn't be applied to all forums. Maybe the forums like Off-Topic, Other Games, and the less serious forums should be more lax in a sense. I think the general nature of those forums kind of warrant non-seriousness lol.
this thread mainly has to do with suggestions. Thanks for the input!

Axcess

Legacy Supporter 3
this thread mainly has to do with suggestions. Thanks for the input!

Oh my lol, my fault. I got hung up on the 2nd paragraph on the OP. I guess I haven't seen suggestions yet and assumed we were talking about forum issues. I would like to play with the Herocraft 3.0 update before making any suggestions.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Oh my lol, my fault. I got hung up on the 2nd paragraph on the OP. I guess I haven't seen suggestions yet and assumed we were talking about forum issues. I would like to play with the Herocraft 3.0 update before making any suggestions.
Well, hardcore trolling went down in suggestions, that's what sparked this.