• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft as I see It

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Alright, many of you have been following some or the suggestion threads, as well as many other threads. Why do we follow them? Not because it is good information, where we will contribute by posting INTELLIGENT responses. No. We instead use subtle, sometimes completely obvious, posts of trolling.

Where am I going with this? Well, I'm not trying to start another one of those flame wars, but rather end them. Honestly, we need to contribute to the community, not fall into the internet limbo of trolling and flaming. I'll openly admit that I have also done this. Many people have, and it really needs to stop. I don't like when I have to watch long time friends get warnings, just because people, including myself, didn't think it all through. This has gone too far guys, and I'm not trying to defend anyone or attack anyone.

I honestly thing if you are going to post something to go against the original post or someone else's post, post something that is intelligent and has meaning, not "Dumbass. Lol." I'm sure countless people agree with me.

I really do hope Herocraft's community can work on their "manners" as to what they say on the forums or ingame. I'd also really appreciate it if rather than continuing the flame wars on my post, that you actually post your opinion in the matter, not something completely ignorant.

How do you think Herocraft could improve? Post something intelligent and thought out.
edit: Here is an epic guide written by Apples: http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/forum-etiquette.11723/#post-96877
Thanks,
Long time Herocraft Member, Jorict

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
This. This a thousand bloody times.
I have a feeling the report feature here is sorely neglected, which is why so many of our members end up agging on the trolling and flaming.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
The point is to not get involved. There are forum mods for a reason, and jumping into a flame war or trolling session only exacerbates things. Reporting the thread gets a lot more done than joining the fray.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
i think the report thing is a waste of time
I disagree rane because reporting allows the mods to jump from one problem to the other instead of looking for them. I see what you mean why "waste of time" but it really does save time for mods who have so much more stuff to do.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
This community is fairly large compared to some of the others I've been a part of. We could benefit from an actual forum mod, rather than just throwing the job to existing staff. Guides and mods surely have the suggestions and similar forums covered, but the rest of the forums are really only covered by the occasional stroll through. I'm sure there are atleast a few topics that have gone unseen by any staff at all. This is why having the whole community reporting instead of getting involved is important. It would be a lot easier to have Troll A in Unnoticed Topic 1 to remain unnoticed until someone logged in to see the report.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I think there's always gonna be trolling. It's the internet. Sometimes you just have to deal with it: Don't feed the troll. But I do agree, flaming/trolling happens more often than it should, or more often than it use to.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I completely agree. I always try to keep my posts objective, and while my emotions may sometimes show, I do fully detail and support my opinion.

As of late, forum warnings have been more frequently used and follow the same system as in-game warnings as far as I know. That means repeate offenders can face bans for their actions on the forums.

Action IS being taken against these posters.

I've done it myself too; but I know that it was a mistake and have not repeated that mistake. Just be careful; friendly opposition can lead to some very good suggestions, but don't let the discusion turn into an argument.

And the next time I see someone mention another player in a disrespectful manner in the suggestions forum I am going to give myself a hernia from yelling at you. IE saying "Kalkyte uses this skill like a little bitch and since it costs so little mana he can use it indefinitely."

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I know this first hand because I've received a warning in the past, don't test the staff, no matter how strong the urge is to troll ;)