• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 8.0 - War of Souls - Complete Reset! 09/04/15

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well, I guess I now have no motive to continue my build since the wipe is so soon. Chances are very slim I continue playing on the new map, so good luck to all and I might pop in randomly time to time.

Yeah sorta starting to feel this way also after hearing that everything outside of GP areas can be griefed. Hope this will be changed.

The systems in place for this are still up for debate.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Knirps good on you for getting stuck into the Grief Prevention plugin and testing it out! We need this.

I certainly don't know all the right responses to Knirps 's points, but I'd like to have a go at seeing how good my understanding is thus far. Knirp's, please note where my understanding clashes with what you've found of the plugin's capabilities.

Erm, also there are 6 Word pages of text... I think readers and staff will probably be able to absorb it better in dot point.

@TimForReal @barbas0l your wisdom please.

Access:
  • Chests, doors, levers etc will be openable by all players - town members and raiders - as they have been from the middle of this map onward, and has been usual on previous maps.
  • Option to teleport to the Town from the Embassy - Tim has flagged the possibility of such a portal being an expensive purchase available for high level towns.
Trust:
  • My understanding is that town members will be able to build and break throughout the town (as now) except for subregions to which they have not been added as trusted members. Is this correct? Is there something about the plugin that means it won't work this way?
  • As for subregion members having the ability to destroy their own subregions, this might well be the case.
LWCs:
  • I would think that LWC protections will continue as currently, in that they are the only guaranteed protection for items, they will endure sieges, and they will still be applicable to other mechanisms such as doors etc. Is there any suggestion this would not be the case?
Mayors and town finances:
  • The proposed structure does put a lot of responsibility on the Mayor, indeed yes. One factor to deal with this is the requirement that an SiC be identified in case the Mayor goes inactive.
  • Townships 4.0 is not on the near horizon. GP is what HC is going with for the start of the new map.
  • The town mayor will likely appreciate income from the town's Embassy chest shops, but will only be able to guarantee that if they're a Merchant and can set all the shops themself. Otherwise it would seem they would need a tight working arrangement with their managers and town members, yes.
  • Town bank transactions or own bank transaction logs - wow, wouldn't that be fantastic! If only we could have them!
  • Knirps suggests that Mayors could rent chestshops at the Embassy to town members so they could earn their own income from the shops. This would work.
  • There are other ways for citizens to pay taxes besides /money pay. In Paragon we had chest shops for each citizen where they would buy a piece of cobble for the weekly rent amount. This required the dedicated supervision of our fine town "banker".
Clans:
  • There might be a possibility of running a town bank via Clans. This would be to address the burden that GP places on the Mayor as the sole person responsible for the town's tax payment.
  • Clans can also be used for town messaging.
  • Clans apparently work with GP, which means you could trust your clan as a whole instead of having to add all new members individually.
Failure to pay town taxes/lease:
  • From Tim: If the Mayor is 30 days inactive, SiC can petition to take over town ownership. If the town owner is inactive less than 30 days and SiC want to take over responsibity for paying the town taxes - can also petition for this.
  • If the Mayor is still active but runs out of money, will the town be given to the SiC? (I'm guessing not. If this happens, it would appear the Mayor was either a poor manager or they are intentionally sabotage their town. Town members don't get insurance against poor/treacherous Mayors.)
  • Does the SiC only gain ownership if the Mayor is inactive? (This appears to be the case atm. Would there be other reasons?)
  • What if the Mayor is loaded but inactive and the SiC doesn't want to take the job on because the town's money is with the Mayor? (Can't see the problem here... SiCs will only get to take over towns if they petition for it to happen.)
  • Process between failure to pay taxes and losing town regions - will include warnings, grace period etc - yet to be determined
  • Impact of town failure on the Embassy (good point) - what happens to the build, items stored in chests, chest shops belonging to town owners? Grace period for removal? Or possession of whoever buys the Embassy next? Or FFA (which I guess would only relate to items in unlocked chests?)
New currency system:
  • How easy will it be to get?
  • How much will voting give?
  • Are soul item drop rates being adjusted?
  • Trade ratio to currency from drops? (if I understand correctly, the market will determine this)
Town creation, cap, and embassy parking:
  • Cost of establishing a town - will it be hard or easy in the light of the above questions (Good question! we'll see as the map hits. On previous maps Kainzo and admins have stepped in as the map progressed to make town procurement more difficult if it seemed to be happening too quickly)
  • T1 town creation is 1000 Embassy purchase (similar to Charter on previous maps) and 2000 perms to build the town (similar to previous maps too, I think).
  • Regarding Embassies being "parked", there WILL be a requirement/time frame by which the the town build perms need to be bought following the Embassy purchase. Yet to be determined.
  • Will there be a requirement and/or time frame for actually setting out the town plot after the town build perms have been purchased?
  • (The "Town Rent" is actually the Embassy plot rent, yes?)

I'm halfway through Knirps's post. Not sure whether I'll get to the rest tonight, but I certainly will tomorrow.

Note I also have more info from Tim and Barb and will be adding that to the wiki tomorrow (my time).

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@WitchOnaRampage
Thank you so much for trying to be so thorough!

Np, its fun :D

@WitchOnaRampage
"Trade ratio to currency from drops? (if I understand correctly, the market will determine this)"

I've never been around for map starts, I assumed that all things like soul fragments, shards, etc had a pre-determined exchange rate to the /money currency (which is now coins).
Ah yes, now I see your point. Indeed these values are set at the start of the map, so now is a good time for their values to be under consideration.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I've never been around for map starts, I assumed that all things like soul fragments, shards, etc had a pre-determined exchange rate to the /money currency (which is now coins).

I'm interested, where did you get this about coins being the new currency on the new map? Because coins was the currency pre-Haven and has been Souls ever since. Either I am really blind or something else is about to change...

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm interested, where did you get this about coins being the new currency on the new map? Because coins was the currency pre-Haven. Either I am really blind or something else is about to change...

Every time Tim mentioned a cost of something, he put a 'c' at the end, and someone said 'coins' in the thread so I just assumed the new currency was coins.

Fixed my other post for you.

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Knirps has hit the nail on the head for much of what I am concerned about. So many questions and so little information. Essentially, I agree with most everything that Knirps mentioned in her above post (the really big/long one lol). Her concerns are mine as well. I too am quite excited about the new map and the possibilities that await. But I am a little nervous about the implementation of some of these ideas and the results.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
@Knirps I'll hop on TS when I'm off and see what I can answer for you. I've read through a majority of your post, and can help fill you in on some things.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
for sure, I much better at answering tons of questions on TS :D I've done a ton of GP research, and was able to pick a few brains of people who have used it more than I.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
for sure, I much better at answering tons of questions on TS :D I've done a ton of GP research, and was able to pick a few brains of people who have used it more than I.
When's this gonna be roughly? I'd love to be able to be there too as I'm completely void of GP knowledge aside from using RN to break stuff :p