• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 4.0 - A new hope! Sept 7th

whazup911

Stone
Having the economy run purely on Emeralds is a bad idea.

- Emeralds are too rare to be used as a stable currency (Only found in specific biomes, even then it is considered rare)
- Villagers will be hunted down and controlled by a 1 or 2 groups making it impossible for new players in the future to catch up
- Using a trading system that Jeb is constantly tweaking will be a nightmare for updates in the future. The trading system is still new and changes are made every snapshot, who knows what will change in the next month or two not to mention 6 months+

I think we should continue to use the Gold DHX system with some tweaks:

-Decrease the sell value of DHX (maybe 5-6c/ea if you really want less money in the system)

-Get rid of bankers: we all know what happened near the end of Dragon. All it takes is for one person to buy gold for 8.99/9 to run all the town's bankers out of business. Instead I propose a new tax system (might be hard to code, but I know you guys can do wonders with the codes)
  • It will pretty much be an income tax
  • Town mayors will be able to set tax rates for gold (0% - 20%)
  • All players will directly sell their gold to DHX chests minus their income tax for the kingdom
    • If you sell 100 gold ingots, DHX buys for 5c and your tax rate is 10% then you will get 4.5c/ingot instead

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
As a DHX Banker myself, I believe the rule of "you can't sell the same price of DHX or higher within DG" should be spread to the whole map so you can't sell gold for 9c at all, it really can ruin the whole use of the DHX when anyone can sell for 9c outside of DG.

For example I saw a shop buying gold from people for 9c right outside a herogate.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3

- Emeralds are too rare to be used as a stable currency (Only found in specific biomes, even then it is considered rare)
- Villagers will be hunted down and controlled by a 1 or 2 groups making it impossible for new players in the future to catch up
- Using a trading system that Jeb is constantly tweaking will be a nightmare for updates in the future. The trading system is still new and changes are made every snapshot, who knows what will change in the next month or two not to mention 6 months+

-Decrease the sell value of DHX (maybe 5-6c/ea if you really want less money in the system)

-Get rid of bankers: we all know what happened near the end of Dragon. All it takes is for one person to buy gold for 8.99/9 to run all the town's bankers out of business. Instead I propose a new tax system (might be hard to code, but I know you guys can do wonders with the codes)
  • All players will directly sell their gold to DHX chests minus their income tax for the kingdom
    • If you sell 100 gold ingots, DHX buys for 5c and your tax rate is 10% then you will get 4.5c/ingot instead

Just to clarify something, emeralds are only found in deposits of 1 specificly in jungle biomes. That means that mining for it would be hard and they would be gone in a matter of weeks.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
I may be coming back for this... Didn't expect one so soon! (*Hopes for a replica of Kingdom's spawn*).

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
We're working on some plugin issues at the moment - we've completed the initial 'newbie' area (Tutorial island)
Oh the nostalgia feeling of old good RuneScape Tutorial island. I frigging love it when a server has tutorial ISLAND.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3

@Kainzo you have reply'd to all of the topics except emeralds, this one contains all the info, could you please take a look and give us your opinion?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Emeralds as currency is just too complicated imo. Keep Gold as currency, so much easier and simple.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't see the rarity of emeralds to be a problem. There will be enough of them to generate some currency. Voting also generates currency. As long as there is currency floating around everything else will find its level. The less money there is to go around the more its worth. I you have too much money in your sytem you end up needing a wheelbarrow full to buy a loaf of bread.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't see the rarity of emeralds to be a problem. There will be enough of them to generate some currency. Voting also generates currency. As long as there is currency floating around everything else will find its level. The less money there is to go around the more its worth. I you have too much money in your sytem you end up needing a wheelbarrow full to buy a loaf of bread.

This isn't Zimbabwe. Gold has worked in the past. It has always worked. Emeralds, being renewable and easy to obtain, won't work. It is too much effort to convert prices to match the cost of emeralds, ect. Considering this map is ment to promote township community, dramatically changing the way the economy works will negatively impact this (some may not even be able to get the money to fund their towns). The whole process is hard to understand and has many flaws. It is easier to just use gold.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
-pokes his head back out of obscurity and legend-

Hm, might have to take a break from my server project and mess around with my old buddies again :3

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
You should'nt fear change so much. The truth is that no one really knows what the effect will be. The change could be positive, could be negative. We should applaud @Kainzo for taking what would otherwise be a useless item, however rare, and making it something everyone wants. If the effects are so negative that there isn't enough money for people to start towns they can add another item to the exchange, or lower the cost of towns. As for it being easier to just stick with gold; The easier path is seldom the right one.