• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Guides] Warp to Tutorial Island Command

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
As I told Angy, I would use this skill, I get too many people that ask about the gate, when they are de-synced and the pressure plates wont open it, or other people asking about what to do after Monk Drea.

I wouldn't hand hold anyone through it, I would use it to guide the people that are truly stuck or lost of where to go.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This would be awesome. I can't tell you how many times new players are absolutely confused or stuck at tutorial island.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, I personally have wanted this warp for awhile. I feel it would be better if we had a way to help the people struggling on tutorial island, instead of letting them grow frustrated and log out before seeing all our server has to offer.

I agree there is potential for abuse, but the instant I see proof of any abuse by any Guide they will be demoted, no excuses, no second chances. I trust my Guides, I've promoted most myself, and those left after this weekend will be the hard working ones that will only want this warp for helping new players.

On the other hand, we've had Tutorial Island for awhile and most people seem to be able to handle it, lol. So, it would be nice to have it, but not essential.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I trust staff, and I think this could be impossible to abuse accidentally if we went about it the right way. Perhaps a Guides-only portal inside the nexus to the Tutorial Island?

-1 for more confusing "cant use it in pvp" "guides cant go through portal at end of tutorial to spawn, have to recall out" fixes to the abuse question. It should not be a warp you can use where ever you are, probably even if it returned you back to where you first warped, since it could still be used to dodge pvp.

also, my main issue with this is the sheer number of Guides we have, and how hard it would be to ensure not one of them was getting "little white abuses" like free spawn ports late at night, but since Barn is being ominous maybe that will change.

+1 for some way reduce staff headaches in Tour when some poor noob REALLY can't find his way through the damn tutorial, this is a good thread.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I trust staff, and I think this could be impossible to abuse accidentally if we went about it the right way. Perhaps a Guides-only portal inside the nexus to the Tutorial Island?

-1 for more confusing "cant use it in pvp" "guides cant go through portal at end of tutorial to spawn, have to recall out" fixes to the abuse question. It should not be a warp you can use where ever you are, probably even if it returned you back to where you first warped, since it could still be used to dodge pvp.

also, my main issue with this is the sheer number of Guides we have, and how hard it would be to ensure not one of them was getting "little white abuses" like free spawn ports late at night, but since Barn is being ominous maybe that will change.

+1 for some way reduce staff headaches in Tour when some poor noob REALLY can't find his way through the damn tutorial, this is a good thread.

I'm pretty sure Barn has plans to cut out the guides that are not contributing to the cause. (As she stated earlier, derp on me.)

Maybe a portal locked away somewhere that only guides can get to, not necessarily the nexus?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm pretty sure Barn has plans to cut out the guides that are not contributing to the cause. (As she stated earlier, derp on me.)

Maybe a portal locked away somewhere that only guides can get to, not necessarily the nexus?

There is an area where only Guides can get into. I'll talk to Bearcat about the location, as it was his area to design.
But I still think a warp would be best. Putting a portal in spawn would limit the access some Guides have (However, I'm only 400 blocks from spawn :p)

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
There is an area where only Guides can get into. I'll talk to Bearcat about the location, as it was his area to design.
But I still think a warp would be best. Putting a portal in spawn would limit the access some Guides have (However, I'm only 400 blocks from spawn :p)

Agreed, it would be easier for me to access it from Paragon in my home then in spawn... I aint no fancy dancy wizurd klass.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I got ported out of Tutorial island on day one of bastion. This was not out of laziness, everyone was stuck because there were so many people at one time. Having never been, it is very difficult to tell others how to navigate it.
There is always the potential for abuse, however despite the potential I think the risks low enough and the benefits high enough to make this worth implementing.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I could see using this once in a while for two reasons.

1. When the person you're trying to assist just doesn't get it/communication is failing. It would help to pop over there and "speak with them in person" and/or show them where somehting is".

2. Could use it to simply greet people. Make them feel welcome and answer any questions they might have right there.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Bumpage!

I still see this as being a great tool for Guides and possibly Proctors to aid newer players. The amount of players joining has only increased recently. Any say? @Guides Kainzo

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, in my last post I wasn't a Guide... Now I am. - Scycor approves this message!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
maybe, make it so it puts the guide in some kind of mode where they can't interact with anything, and can't go the portals. thus making it so the only way back is through a command which takes them to where they first TP'd into. also, no combat usage and maybe 5 second-10 second warmup, just so not abused.

I think this would be good if for nothing else than giving any admins or mods with spare time opportunity to welcome new players in person and maybe guide them on their hero choices, perhaps by demonstrating what their class can do. And to explain how crafter professions work, which so many new people seem to misunderstand by thinking thy can simply walk into being an alchemist.

And the personal touch on occasion will make them feel welcome for a few minutes before some jerk in chain armour ganks them once they leave the Bastion spawn area (without even deeming it worthy to steal the stuff off your corpse once you're dead. That's just insulting. XD)