• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] Herocraft Hunger Games :D

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I suggest a server event, which happens once every month. It would be based heavily off the idea of the ''Hunger Games'', obviously coming from the book series ''The Hunger Games''.

How does it work?

The idea works in a very similar way to that in the book. Step by step, this is how it would work on Herocraft:
  • Every township sends in two players.*
  • All the players together are sent to a place called the ''Arena'', a new map which has been left mainly randomly generated, with some adjustments done by Admins, Mods and Architects.
  • Each contestant is placed on their own ''stage''. When the games begin, the gates blocking them from exiting are opened and they are left to fight for survival. Some would run to a ''Cornucopia'', a large object holding many basic items that would be useful in their survival.
  • Whoever is not killed at the begining would run off and try to stay safe. The rest of the games will continue and people would run around trying to find and kill each other. Alliences can form and people can trick one another.
  • When there is one person left standing, the games will end and they (and their township) will be rewarded.
* If a player wins one month, they can not participate untill two other games have happened. Townships can select players they want to put forward, or Admins can specifically pick two they would like to see.

The Arena:
  • A map seperate to Dragon, with a limited size and a strange terrain.
  • The land would first be left to randomly generate. After that, Admins, Mods and Architects can come in and change areas, for instance:
- Limiting the amount of trees on a map, preventing tool making for some.
- Reducing the amount of grass/tall grass (to reduce animal spawning and seeds from being collected).
- Removing diamond, iron and gold ore from areas of the ground.
  • These changes will make survival more difficult, also maintaining the ''Hardcore'' nature of the server.
  • Above the arena would be a glass roof, and at the edges will be a glass wall. These will not be able to be broken. Normal players will stand on the glass roof and can watch from above.
  • Admins (such as Brutal, I know he does it well) can video record the games and could possibly livestream it too. He (and other admins) will be able to use creative mode (or his own fly hax), his invisibility cloak and his teleporting powers to get close ups on whats happening.
  • In times of players not interacting, admins can create ''natural events'' (such as forest fires, floods and mass mob spawning) to lure players to eachother, to make sure they fight.

The Players and Communication:
  • Only admins and mods and contestants will be able to speak in the map; Admins/Mods in a global channel and players using /ch l/shout. The /tell function will be removed to prevent non-contestants and contestants from speaking to eachother.
  • The players will have to work in a complete legit Minecraft style. The heroes plugin will thus be removed, meaning the whole game will be fair for everyone.
  • The rules will be the same as those in Warshard. Griefing and stealing will be allowed, lava bucketing players will also be allowed. Fly hacking and x-ray will not be allowed.
  • If a township wants to send one of their players some resources, they can do. However it will cost in game coin to do so. Once the order has been put through an admin can drop these items down next to the player.

Rewards:
  • I have no clue. Maybe item rewards (such as rare blocks or non-legit blocks (such as ender portal frames)), rewards in coin or a sexy noble plot.
  • Those that do not win will obviously get no rewards. If you really want to be hardcore, they could get something like a 3 day ban from the server, a temp mute or their items taken away. Heck I don't know! :p
TELL MEH WHAT YOU THINK! :)

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
This sounds like a great idea! It would be like some sort of Minecraft reality show xD

I definitely think this should be implemented in some form :p

Although I am not sure about the bit about the Heroes plugin being removed. How about you just restart a new 'hero' everytime these games start, this would even things out a bit but still keep the interest of the heroes plugin :D

<3 Trop

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
This is EPIC! I love those books! :D I think this could be implemented amazingly into minecraft!

I agree there should be some form of punishment for losing, as in the books, it isn't something people want to enter. I completely concur that heroes should be removed, as then it means that people will be able to use all items, and not worry about classes being OP. I also agree that tells should be removed, so that if somebody were to be forming an alliance, they could be spied upon.

I think that in order to be faithful to the Hunger Games, the dead people should be announced at the end of each day. Another thing that I think should be implemented is that the "Hunger World" should only be open for a certain amount of time each day, as that would mean that all the contestants should be online during the Hunger time, and it would prevent someone surviving just by not coming online.

There should also be some mod/admin input if some contestants simply hid underground and didn't pvp, so that they could be found.

Just a couple ideas, this suggest is EPIC! :D

MajorasMask

Ungodly
This sounds like a great idea! It would be like some sort of Minecraft reality show xD

I definitely think this should be implemented in some form :p

Although I am not sure about the bit about the Heroes plugin being removed. How about you just restart a new 'hero' everytime these games start, this would even things out a bit but still keep the interest of the heroes plugin :D

<3 Trop

I think the Heroes plug-in should be removed. Otherwise people will just use OP skills the most and it will just look like an ordinary battle! :( You beauty of my idea is that we get to see the classic methods of survival, none of this modern day MC stuff.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the Heroes plug-in should be removed. Otherwise people will just use OP skills the most and it will just look like an ordinary battle! :( You beauty of my idea is that we get to see the classic methods of survival, none of this modern day MC stuff.
I guess your right. Heroes should be out on this world. Just pure, bare, survival.

<3 Trop

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
I didn't even read the post and I like it!
EDIT: I read it, I like it more!

EDIT2: Maybe a reward for this could be a sponge, so in order to get Empire one would need to win the Hunger Games 5 times (assuming the Empire item requirement hasn't changed).

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
I suggest a server event, which happens once every month. It would be based heavily off the idea of the ''Hunger Games'', obviously coming from the book series ''The Hunger Games''.

How does it work?

The idea works in a very similar way to that in the book. Step by step, this is how it would work on Herocraft:
  • Every township sends in two players.*
  • All the players together are sent to a place called the ''Arena'', a new map which has been left mainly randomly generated, with some adjustments done by Admins, Mods and Architects.
  • Each contestant is placed on their own ''stage''. When the games begin, the gates blocking them from exiting are opened and they are left to fight for survival. Some would run to a ''Cornucopia'', a large object holding many basic items that would be useful in their survival.
  • Whoever is not killed at the begining would run off and try to stay safe. The rest of the games will continue and people would run around trying to find and kill each other. Alliences can form and people can trick one another.
  • When there is one person left standing, the games will end and they (and their township) will be rewarded.
* If a player wins one month, they can not participate untill two other games have happened. Townships can select players they want to put forward, or Admins can specifically pick two they would like to see.

The Arena:
  • A map seperate to Dragon, with a limited size and a strange terrain.
  • The land would first be left to randomly generate. After that, Admins, Mods and Architects can come in and change areas, for instance:
- Limiting the amount of trees on a map, preventing tool making for some.
- Reducing the amount of grass/tall grass (to reduce animal spawning and seeds from being collected).
- Removing diamond, iron and gold ore from areas of the ground.
  • These changes will make survival more difficult, also maintaining the ''Hardcore'' nature of the server.
  • Above the arena would be a glass roof, and at the edges will be a glass wall. These will not be able to be broken. Normal players will stand on the glass roof and can watch from above.
  • Admins (such as Brutal, I know he does it well) can video record the games and could possibly livestream it too. He (and other admins) will be able to use creative mode (or his own fly hax), his invisibility cloak and his teleporting powers to get close ups on whats happening.
  • In times of players not interacting, admins can create ''natural events'' (such as forest fires, floods and mass mob spawning) to lure players to eachother, to make sure they fight.

The Players and Communication:
  • Only admins and mods and contestants will be able to speak in the map; Admins/Mods in a global channel and players using /ch l/shout. The /tell function will be removed to prevent non-contestants and contestants from speaking to eachother.
  • The players will have to work in a complete legit Minecraft style. The heroes plugin will thus be removed, meaning the whole game will be fair for everyone.
  • The rules will be the same as those in Warshard. Griefing and stealing will be allowed, lava bucketing players will also be allowed. Fly hacking and x-ray will not be allowed.
  • If a township wants to send one of their players some resources, they can do. However it will cost in game coin to do so. Once the order has been put through an admin can drop these items down next to the player.

Rewards:
  • I have no clue. Maybe item rewards (such as rare blocks or non-legit blocks (such as ender portal frames)), rewards in coin or a sexy noble plot.
  • Those that do not win will obviously get no rewards. If you really want to be hardcore, they could get something like a 3 day ban from the server, a temp mute or their items taken away. Heck I don't know! :p
TELL MEH WHAT YOU THINK! :)
God damnit why does everyone steal my ideas :/.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Omg yes, such a great idea. I love the book series and Hunger Games in Minecraft would have been EPIC! I really hope something like this was implemented. Also, spells should been illegal, to make it more hardcore. There should be a Hunger games class, with decent HP and sword as weapon with low dmg. No armor, except in random Admin drops, example: All the Hunger Games players is being alerted that at a special cordinate, there is special items inside several chests, one for each town. If you kill all the members from one town, you can loot their chest. (Armor, food, weapons etc. will be in chests, possibly potions) That will make the players meet at that place and more fights will happen.

Also, 600th post :3

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Omg yes, such a great idea. I love the book series and Hunger Games in Minecraft would have been EPIC! I really hope something like this was implemented. Also, spells should been illegal, to make it more hardcore. There should be a Hunger games class, with decent HP and sword as weapon with low dmg. No armor, except in random Admin drops, example: All the Hunger Games players is being alerted that at a special cordinate, there is special items inside several chests, one for each town. If you kill all the members from one town, you can loot their chest. (Armor, food, weapons etc. will be in chests, possibly potions) That will make the players meet at that place and more fights will happen.

Also, 600th post :3

I am not sure what you mean. I'd prefer it that you could make armour. Yes there would be no heroes, that way the game will be fair! :) I don't understand your point about towns, unless you mean towns INSIDE the arena. I don't see how that will work, but it sounds interesting. As for brewing stands and potion materials, they could be sent through gifts from Townships! :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Hunger games event, just like when Katniss needed medicine to save Peeta, there was an event on a special place on the map where there was bags with the number of the districts the tributes represented. In the bags, there was stuff the Tributes REALLY needed, like the medicene that saved Peeta. All the tributes met at that place, trying to get their bag, and it would most likely end in a pvp fight. The twist will be that you can't take others chest, unless the tributes from that town is being killed under the event.

@MajorasMask

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I mean, there is 2 tributes from each town on Dragongarde map. The tributes get one chest with stuff with the name of their town on it, example: Canterlot tributes chest. If all the Tributes representing Canterlot is dead, the chest is open for anyone to loot. I hope that was more understandable :)

Hunger games event, just like when Katniss needed medicine to save Peeta, there was an event on a special place on the map where there was bags with the number of the districts the tributes represented. In the bags, there was stuff the Tributes REALLY needed, like the medicene that saved Peeta. All the tributes met at that place, trying to get their bag, and it would most likely end in a pvp fight. The twist will be that you can't take others chest, unless the tributes from that town is being killed under the event.

@MajorasMask

Ah yes - You mean like the ''Feast'' where the tributes got the shit they needed? :p Yeah that would be cool! :p Yes it would bring them together! :D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Ah yes - You mean like the ''Feast'' where the tributes got the shit they needed? :p Yeah that would be cool! :p Yes it would bring them together! :D
Yeah, the i wrote the first post on my Phone, so i tried to keep it simple. Maybe a bit too simple, so i got on my computer and wrote the second one, explaining a bit better. The ''Feast'' was one of the best moments in Hunger Games (the first book)

Shadeking

Gold
I Think this would be a great event.....
Buuuuuutttt this:
If a township wants to send one of their players some resources, they can do. However it will cost in game coin to do so. Once the order has been put through an admin can drop these items down next to the player.
Isnt so good since old towns will have a advantage.
And new towns wouldnt want to join and that will kill a great event