• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Gaming Laptop

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm Looking for a cheap under $1200 Gaming laptop, anyone know any good ones (Not wanting to build my own)

i got one for about $700 to $800
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram (two slots so you can upgrade if need be)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
13.3' LCD Colour display
500GB Hard drive
Super Drive for movies etc.

bloody good if you ask me ayy.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
i got one for about $700 to $800
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram (two slots so you can upgrade if need be)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
13.3' LCD Colour display
500GB Hard drive
Super Drive for movies etc.

bloody good if you ask me ayy.
*Facepalm* LOL that is a very expensive 700 dollar potato.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
DW, I ended up customizing one, for around $1300-$1500
I submitted, just waiting for a quote >.> Stupid Website :p

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
If you go with an AMD A10 series processor you can pick up a game worthy laptop for <~$700. It will not be a "Gaming" laptop, but will run most games respectably. If you can wait till the A10 Kaveri mobile series comes out this summer the Apu will be the equivalent of an R7 series graphics card. I have a Kaveri A10 series desktop build I finished a few weeks back and see 100-120 fps on minecraft at near max settings with fancy grass and clouds(no graphics card). My old A10 Trinity series laptop only sees around 60fps.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
If you go with an AMD A10 series processor you can pick up a game worthy laptop for <~$700. It will not be a "Gaming" laptop, but will run most games respectably. If you can wait till the A10 Kaveri mobile series comes out this summer the Apu will be the equivalent of an R7 series graphics card. I have a Kaveri A10 series desktop build I finished a few weeks back and see 100-120 fps on minecraft at near max settings with fancy grass and clouds(no graphics card). My old A10 Trinity series laptop only sees around 60fps.
If you're going to play Planetside 2, you probably won't get a good framerate with an AMD. But if you're just sticking to Minecraft, AMD is a great choice.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If you're going to play Planetside 2, you probably won't get a good framerate with an AMD. But if you're just sticking to Minecraft, AMD is a great choice.
Planet Side 2 doesn't run well on anything, but it's getting better :p

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Idk, for gaming laptops what i hear is its either crazy expensive and still overheats, or its crazy expensive and its 2 inches thick xD

I really wanted a "gaming" laptop since the laptop i used to play games was "ok" (id get 30-40 fps on minecraft) so really any "gaming" laptop would be fine for me, but the thing is their all so much if you want it to play games decently, then there's the overheating problems. I would indeed benefit from owning a good gaming laptop instead of a desktop for a couple reasons, 1: my fam goes places quite often, maybe big bear for snow boarding? wont be a week trip though, it will be a 3-4 week trip. 2: My old laptop wasn't necessarily "top grade" gaming equipment, so 60 fps on games would be hella nice to me. (i don't need ultra settings either xD)

But either way ill probably end up building a desktop for about $1200 the buying a macbook air or something for work (like $1300 at cheapest and cant even run games) that's $2500 for that price i could get a Razer Blade, which in my opinion seems really good especially since the specs are better than id get on my desktop, which is overkill for me, but i get my work+play computer all in one and i can travel with it easily.

Some other good companies i hear about are: MSI's "ROG" series, lenevo i heard was ok, alienware (for those 2 inch thick things), Razer (if you want to sell your house for one), and i heard about "Asus" and "Acer" but never really looked into those.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
If you throw enough GTX Titans at it, it MAY work :O
Nahh my evga gtx 780 ti superclocked w/acx cooling can run the fuck out of it xD never checked the fps but its well over 60 all the time on max settings.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
DualCore Intel Core i7 620M, 3066 MHz
6005 MB
AMD Radeon HD 6500M
Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series ATA Device (238 GB, IDE)

Picked this laptop up off of a guy on a trading website. $120.00 lol. When I looked at it he had Windows 8 installed, which didn't recognise the graphics card. So he was selling it thinking it was a pile of crap.

I reinstalled Windows 7, updated it and it runs fine. Was able to run Battlefield 4 on high with some features turned off like SSAO and parallax. The nice thing is the video card is interchangeable, so I will be able to upgrade it a little bit.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I know this might not help that much, but if you want a good laptop for gaming, I would maybe sudgest looking into Lenovo laptops. I am using one at the moment, the Y580, and it runs rather smoothly most of the time. Now with the time that passed, there probably better models out there now with Lenovo.
Apart from that, ya... there always alienware, but not sure how resistant those are.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm Looking for a cheap under $1200 Gaming laptop, anyone know any good ones (Not wanting to build my own)
ahahahaahahah good mac pros don't need a dedicated graphics card
This thread was a great laugh. Gaming Laptops exist only in title. They over heat fast and they have a fairly short lifespan. Most laptops used for gaming die out after 4-5 years where most desktops can last 10-20 depending on how well you care for it. My laptop began to physically melt on itself because I played League for 4 hours a day. Glued on pieced fell off because the glue reactivated, motherboard eventually gave up and the ram is all warped. Mind you, I was rocking a 300 dollar store bought, but give it time and your laptop will start overheating at the very least.

Laptops are better for school and working on the go. If I had one, I would be using it to write, down at a local coffee shop. I highly suggest you invest in a 600 dollar PC and love it for 6 years without any problems (Unless you bring them on yourself).

Oh and to hop on the topic of Mac books, they are meant for work and work alone. And not just any work, work like film editing and similar. Using that to game is like buying a 3000 dollar Alienware gaming laptop. You are paying over 50% more money for a brandname.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
This thread was a great laugh. Gaming Laptops exist only in title. They over heat fast and they have a fairly short lifespan. Most laptops used for gaming die out after 4-5 years where most desktops can last 10-20 depending on how well you care for it. My laptop began to physically melt on itself because I played League for 4 hours a day. Glued on pieced fell off because the glue reactivated, motherboard eventually gave up and the ram is all warped. Mind you, I was rocking a 300 dollar store bought, but give it time and your laptop will start overheating at the very least.

Laptops are better for school and working on the go. If I had one, I would be using it to write, down at a local coffee shop. I highly suggest you invest in a 600 dollar PC and love it for 6 years without any problems (Unless you bring them on yourself).

Oh and to hop on the topic of Mac books, they are meant for work and work alone. And not just any work, work like film editing and similar. Using that to game is like buying a 3000 dollar Alienware gaming laptop. You are paying over 50% more money for a brandname.
I'm not really going to play high res games, only like gmod minecraft and rust