• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Enchanting Xp Off

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
instead of xp loss why cant we have a reagent requirement? it sucks hard losing levels when your helping friends out :/

Phreshmaker

Legacy Supporter 4
I think the cost is too high vs gains, I've pretty much stopped enchanting for my town and if the cost isn't reduced or made so enchanting isn't a joke/waste of time. i will be re-specing. There is no need to have people constantly mining, just to enchant 10 iron swords for your town members.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
it doesnt really make sense that we have to pay such a huge penalty to use our profession when no other prof. has to sacrifice something to do what it is meant to do :/

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
I think the cost is too high vs gains, I've pretty much stopped enchanting for my town and if the cost isn't reduced or made so enchanting isn't a joke/waste of time. i will be re-specing. There is no need to have people constantly mining, just to enchant 10 iron swords for your town members.

We're out of picks cause of this change. D:

L0ading_

Legacy Supporter 1
WARNING: Be more constructive in your posts please
i feel like smith lost their main Role with the enchant breakking upon repairing. it was the main reason people came to me: keeping their high level enchantments on their diamond stuff. as much as i think the Enchanter nerf was needed, i think the smith NERF was a killer. you killed the smith profession.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I say, instead of repair costing 1 diamond, make it cost 3, BUT.... it keeps the enchant, so it costs players more to repair those picks that keep the enchants

now, I suppose that ruins the point of repairing non enchanted picks, but who here uses a non enchanted pick? just sounds dirty now that we've been spoiled lol

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Repairing was never supposed to keep the enchant, it reduces the value of enchants too much, which makes enchanted item stores never decrease, which limits the usefulness of new enchanters.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
You have to factor in lost enchanted items, and the fact that new people are constantly joining the server, thus increasing the demand for new enchanted items, which balances out the repaired enchanted items.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You have to factor in lost enchanted items, and the fact that new people are constantly joining the server, thus increasing the demand for new enchanted items, which balances out the repaired enchanted items.
Demand increases cost, you should be turning exp into money at this point :p

The exp is set to x3 per level - it shouldnt be taking away 750 xp per enchant.. I forgot if we covered this, it could if it enchants the same item x3 times. This makes enchanting a very profitable profession, if user wants enchants, they'll need to compensate you

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
Repairing was never supposed to keep the enchant, it reduces the value of enchants too much, which makes enchanted item stores never decrease, which limits the usefulness of new enchanters.

is there an exact formula for determining if an enchant is lost on repair or not? because it is not 100% lost at this point. it has been tested in game.

@Sleaker
@Kainzo

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
It's not profitable because it takes the exp of an entire vein of gold or diamond to enchant one item, at level 32. It's set so high that we can't afford to do anymore than maybe sell them at an extremely high price, and who wants to pay 50c for a pick that may or may not be absolute junk.

Secondly, if I want to enchant my own items, I take a huge risk. I lost half of level to get 4 decent picks to use, of which it will yield maybe more exp than I used, but wasted a stack of diamonds to utilize 12 of them as well as having to work for an entire half level back. I liked it the way it was before it was changed, when I could afford to enchant my friend's weapons without having to ask for something in return because of everything I lost doing it.

EDIT: With this new plugin that kills everyone the second we log on, I've lost about 20 diamond picks and 2 levels of exp, as well as a slew of materials I need. Maybe off-topic, but do you listen to your player base? How many of us will it take to tell you that the way things are is wrong and needs to be adjusted? No class has to make the sacrifices we need, yet we get nerfed by requiring even more. We not only sacrifice materials, we sacrifice exp and don't even get a guarantee of what we will get out of it, unlike every other class. And then, to follow up this new anti-exploit login that seems to have failed in proper testing is murdering everyone who logs in, all in the name of preventing one tiny exploit, a problem best solved by banning those who abuse rather than punishing innocent players in what seems to be a measure inspired by laziness. Maybe playing admin is hard, but those who are in a staff position accept the work and thus I doubt going to ban a player who exploited in is going to be so much harder than having coded an entire plugin that screwed up and punished us, instead.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I support the top half of -=SAS=- ADaringEnchilada's post, the part talking about enchanting, as for the other bit, it might need to be taken to another place...

enchanting prices work as follows

you charge for the good picks, and the crap picks you just get more and more of
people don't pay 50c on the off chance of a good one, they pay 200c for the good one, problem is you made 40 picks to get to it

that worked great,

but with enchants being removed, they don't make the enchant more valuble they make it less, because nobody is gonna pay 200c for an item that is gonna be destroyed with use

if we had the ability to remove enchants, even if it didn't refund xp, it would help that way we can keep enchanting things until they are good without losing 200 diamonds in the process.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I think kperkins has a great idea there, if we could actually disenchant the crappy enchants there would be a lot less sadness about this all.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
so your saying if you repair a magic item it goes inert can't you then just enchant it again?

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
so your saying if you repair a magic item it goes inert can't you then just enchant it again?

There's a low chance we're going to get that enchantment back. What's the point in repairing 3x combo pick only to get back one enchantment that wasn't worth the 10% of your level to re-enchant, nor the diamonds to repair it.