• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Enchanting Xp Off

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
Enchanting xp is extremely high all of a sudden.
Bow enchants are running me 160 xp.
Run of the mill diamond pickaxes are around 360xp.

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
I also am having this issue. =/ It was better the way it was before imo.

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
Yikes I didn't know.. Post removed heh.

I don't know why I assumed enchanter xp would come from combat. Prob vanilla..

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
That's just over a couple handfuls of spiders. Could it be that the xp was tweaked purposely? Even if that is the case won't you be able to charge more your services now? That would be one of the positive aspects if indeed the xp cost was changed on purpose.
You can't get crafter exp from spiders :p and if you enchant 20 pickaxes you'll lose 10 k exp...

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
if enchanting exp stays the way it is now, I'm done with it and going something else.

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
EDIT: sorry for 2x post my internet lagged out

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
Kainzo said it was supposed to be the (enchanting level*3) but it's currently (enchanting level*7), they're fixing that soon.

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
so a level 50 enchant will still take 150 exp?

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
I enchanted a batch of 90 diamond pickaxes.
All enchants were between level 54-60.
The results were as follow listed in order of value/ease of sale.

High Demand-Quick Sell
UB3/For3/Eff5- 5
UB3/For3/Eff4-4
UB3/Eff5-8
UB3/For3-3

Some Demand-2-3 day sell time
For3/Eff4-8
For3/Eff4-3

Clearance-Still have majority
Eff4-12
Eff5-11
For3-6
UB3/For2-1
For2/Eff4-3

Sold for less then materials/1 week
UB3-26

but Its the only fair way for Enchanters to not spam enchants 24/7

That is a 270 diamond investment on my part.
Now factor in the amount of time I spent grinding xp, marketing, taking inventory, negotiating deals, porting to and from spawn to my inventory.
All for a 22.2% return that is not a consistent.
Your success in earning c with enchanting was more based on luck+return on investment+good merching.
In order to "spam enchants 24/7" you would have to have the raw materials to do so.

If you stack on 200-400xp cost per enchant.
The time investment this adds to enchanting make it not worth doing.
You would be better of sticking your c in the /lottery.
Less effort and you could spend 100% of the time mining rather then selling.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
we adjusted how xp was determined, so it felt more like an oomph, and you needed to think about enchanting rather than mass spamming enchantments. These can still be adjusted though, it's not a huge deal, though repairing enchanted items is getting a nerf, so this should increase the cost of newly made enchantments.

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
Is there a spreadsheet showing the XP costs per enchant (or level, not sure how it's processed anymore) or is that all under wraps?

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
we adjusted how xp was determined, so it felt more like an oomph, and you needed to think about enchanting rather than mass spamming enchantments. These can still be adjusted though, it's not a huge deal, though repairing enchanted items is getting a nerf, so this should increase the cost of newly made enchantments.

The only reason "spamming" of enchants is needed is to get the higher end enchants.
What I've come up with from that batch is there is only a 5% chance of getting a max enchant pick.
We have to "Spam" enchants to re-roll the dice on the enchant.
I would be more then fine. Actually prefer if enchants cost 10x more xp but assured getting max enchant.
But as of now it is like walking up to a lot machine putting all your money in and hitting the button once.
You either hit a jackpot or get nothing.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Losing 10% of your exp on a single enchanted tool is not at all cool, and how can one be expected to provide for his town in enchanting if he loses entire levels at a time just to enchant a few items, all of which like mentioned before require the raw material. An enchanter can't 'spam' enchantments to start with, unless he can spam diamond tools to be enchanted. Even more so, you cannot re-roll your dice at an enchantment unless you combine it with another item to repair it, so wasting a ton of our exp on the slight chance we get something good is neither profitable nor logical.

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
As Rednod and ADaringEnchilada said the only reason we have to "Spam" enchants in the first place is to get a good one, I will admit it yes iv been one of the "Spammers" that has 4 double chests full of picks just to get 10 Good ones out of all of them. Personally i think its a waste of time for enchanter now since Deconstruct isn't working there for we have to use more Mats and the exp is way out of whack.