• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoons and rooting/deepfreeze abilities..

Im surprised quake is lacking so much here. It is a passive version of what many know as "Deathfromabove" which I always saw as a very popular skill elsewhere. I think quake would work out very nicely with its current range and a damage multiplier able to take a good 20-30hp when used with superjump.

@Banana While an remove-armor skill is possible, I have seen this skill coded before, it was always associated with duping glitches. Thats why no other server has used anything like that yet (As far as I've seen). Though Im sure herocraft would be the first ones to get it up and working correctly.

Quake does not apply unless we take damage. Regularly we take no damage in superjump(safefall) and on the off chance we do its fatal so no damage is applied.

Remove armor really seems like a small code tweak to disarm. Disarm has no dupe bugs that I am aware of. I may end up eating these words if I see the code but it seems like it would be a matter of changing the slot removed, target items, and slot replaced.

Lil122j

Stone
Well, I'm no coder, but I remember laughing while listening to a previous coder swear in confusion while trying to figure out why it would dupe stuff that the skill isn't supposed to even involve.

Quake seems to be very underpowered if it wont work with any safefall. Seems kinda ridiculous. I could understand that if it had a 1-1.5 damage multiplier, but its much less than that. Now with tumble, you take alot of damage just to deal minor damage to surrounding opponents. I'm sure dragoons will rarely ever hit more than 2 people at once with this in an ideal battle, making it a waste.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have some options:

1) Remove Tumble, enhance Quake
2) Change Quake from passive to Activate
3) Remove Tumble, Grant Safefall and keep Quake (but fix it to do proper damage)

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
We have some options:

1) Remove Tumble, enhance Quake
2) Change Quake from passive to Activate
3) Remove Tumble, Grant Safefall and keep Quake (but fix it to do proper damage)

What would be the quickest, most useful modification. I say +1 for Quake to be a active AoE based attack.

I would prefer an active skill. With the impale nerf it just seems like we don't have enough to do in combat. Press one skill, smack for 5 seconds, chase while cooldown resets. What kind of active did you have planned?

Tumble is immensely useful as a dragoon and I feel that is an important part of jump mechanics.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Option 2 seems to be the simplest way to make Quake an effective skill.
If you go with 3 and Dragoons get Safefall, give it a short duration and a short cooldown, so that it feels like bracing for impact rather than a generic "Safefall buff."

I can't get away from the idea of Quake simply healing you for the fall damage you take when using it. This way, a Dragoon has choices to make: they have to ask if that drop will kill them, but if it doesn't then it's not crippling. Or they could go full-blast and kamikaze people below.