• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoons and rooting/deepfreeze abilities..

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
I have been thinking about dragoon all lot lately and its skills, I reckon since its a class that likes to move around.. it should get a skill which can escape root/deepfreeze icy aura etc.

Also, if you have any ideas about an attacking ability.. just post below. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say! :)

PS: If you have any suggestions post below.. :D

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I have been thinking about dragoon all lot lately and its skills, I reckon since its a class that likes to move around.. it should get a skill which can escape root/deepfreeze icy aura etc.

Also, if you have any ideas about an attacking ability.. just post below. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say! :)

PS: If you have any suggestions post below.. :D

If they did, they'd be op honestly. If you get affected by either skills then so be it, either heal up and keep going or suck it up and fall. There's too many Dragoons on HC nowadays all trying to preach this whole Dragoon is a mobility class, if X affects them, please give us Y so we can keep on going. I'm not having a go at you Player or anyone else but you have to remember the balance of classes within Herocraft, everyone has their pros and cons.

As I said, there's just too many Dragoons nowadays that honestly spec to them for their mobility, fair enough, but their jump skills are just that - time them right as well as your other skills so you don't get caught. Being a Dragoon from the last map (fully specced) and having read/seen the transition of the class today, they're playable and not broken honestly just too many people playing this class and giving unnecessary attention in comparison to other classes that do need boosts in their respective areas.

/endrant and again, I'm not necessarily having a go at you Player or anyone else.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I think dragoons still need a boost in pvp to put them on the same level as the other warriors, but I'm not sure more mobility is the way to go about it. Dragoons are stuck with only 1 real offensive ability and it needs to be nerfed, mostly because it is really goddamn annoying. As much as I'd like to have escape artist, I really believe its a new offensive ability that dragoons need. Perhaps something that causes fall damage like impale used to...

Soundmaniac

Legacy Supporter 5
I think dragoons still need a boost in pvp to put them on the same level as the other warriors, but I'm not sure more mobility is the way to go about it. Dragoons are stuck with only 1 real offensive ability and it needs to be nerfed, mostly because it is really goddamn annoying. As much as I'd like to have escape artist, I really believe its a new offensive ability that dragoons need. Perhaps something that causes fall damage like impale used to...
I think quake should be changed so that it still causes damage to the people around the dragoon, but the dragoon him/herself doesn't get any damage due to tumble or safefall. Maybe dragoons should get a higher range (I don't know if that's possible) So they can land more hits than their enemy.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Higher range would just be broken to an extreme extent. Even if you only did 1 damage a hit, if you have higher range you will always win a melee fight. I'd prefer to have something like how impale originally was; launching someone into the air and causing them some fall damage.

Also quake is worthless. Only thing I've killed with it is my friend on accident.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Higher range would just be broken to an extreme extent. Even if you only did 1 damage a hit, if you have higher range you will always win a melee fight. I'd prefer to have something like how impale originally was; launching someone into the air and causing them some fall damage.

Also quake is worthless. Only thing I've killed with it is my friend on accident.
Yeah, trying to replace quake tbh

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
It seemed like a fun/cool idea, but due to coding issues it couldn't work out. :(

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It really is a shame that Quake is screwy. In the meantime, have a concept for a new flinging skill.

Pitchfork
Level: 50
MP: 20
Damage: 6 (damage dependent on current weapon is ideal)
Cooldown: 6 sec.
Stamina: 3
Reagents: none
Effect: Use your weapon to fling your victim into the air (and back a little bit?), leaving them to suffer fall damage. (thinking 2.5 hearts worth)

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i saw you kill your friend diffuse, twas quite funny :p

but I agree, the reason i switched out of dragoon is because they needed some offensive power, their mobility is fantastic but i felt like it took years to kill anything at all.

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
If they did, they'd be op honestly. If you get affected by either skills then so be it, either heal up and keep going or suck it up and fall. There's too many Dragoons on HC nowadays all trying to preach this whole Dragoon is a mobility class, if X affects them, please give us Y so we can keep on going. I'm not having a go at you Player or anyone else but you have to remember the balance of classes within Herocraft, everyone has their pros and cons.

As I said, there's just too many Dragoons nowadays that honestly spec to them for their mobility, fair enough, but their jump skills are just that - time them right as well as your other skills so you don't get caught. Being a Dragoon from the last map (fully specced) and having read/seen the transition of the class today, they're playable and not broken honestly just too many people playing this class and giving unnecessary attention in comparison to other classes that do need boosts in their respective areas.

/endrant and again, I'm not necessarily having a go at you Player or anyone else.
Actually, there is too many casters.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't think dragoons need to be boosted at all... So what if they aren't as good as other warriors, maybe the other warriors are too good. This is like soccer, dropping the ball is sometimes better than booting it up.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Actually, there is too many casters.

From what I've seen there's been too many Dragoons asking for a buff on unnecessary things etc. as for Casters, their requests have been reasonable in comparison.

I don't think dragoons need to be boosted at all... So what if they aren't as good as other warriors, maybe the other warriors are too good. This is like soccer, dropping the ball is sometimes better than booting it up.

Like how Bayern Munchen drew on one of their latest games when they should of won? :p

Mrchucklez

Legacy Supporter 6
It really is a shame that Quake is screwy. In the meantime, have a concept for a new flinging skill.

Pitchfork
Level: 50
MP: 20
Damage: 6 (damage dependent on current weapon is ideal)
Cooldown: 6 sec.
Stamina: 3
Reagents: none
Effect: Use your weapon to fling your victim into the air (and back a little bit?), leaving them to suffer fall damage. (thinking 2.5 hearts worth)
Sounds a little like the skill Ironfist to me

BulkPhase

Obsidian
The only way to kill a moving dragoon is with a slow/root. They have to die at some point. They can't run forever.

I would like to see an armor bypass in the form of a chestplate disarm. I am told it is impossible (link) but I dont see why we can't add/remove armor items. In the default server/client the armor slots are just inventory slots 100-103. Is this not the case with bukkit? Clearly we have the ability to add and remove inventory pieces (disarm/armor restricitons/MA/reagents) why is this impossible?

Balance wise it would provide the significant damage boost we need against armored classes while not providing nearly as much benefit against lightly armored classes where our impale is more valuable to prevent kiting. It does not give us more stats, all we get is better armor scaling.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

Yeah, trying to replace quake tbh

Make a Quake a castable AoE. (SonicBoom ripoff without silence.)

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Dragoon is fine as it is. They are balanced. All the warrior classes are fine. Samurai has it's DPS and DOTs. Dragoon has impale and moblilty to catch runners. Dreadknight has it's armor and good attack skills. And paladin can take up to 600-700 damage.

Lil122j

Stone
Im surprised quake is lacking so much here. It is a passive version of what many know as "Deathfromabove" which I always saw as a very popular skill elsewhere. I think quake would work out very nicely with its current range and a damage multiplier able to take a good 20-30hp when used with superjump.

@Banana While an remove-armor skill is possible, I have seen this skill coded before, it was always associated with duping glitches. Thats why no other server has used anything like that yet (As far as I've seen). Though Im sure herocraft would be the first ones to get it up and working correctly.