• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoons and armor in general.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Your argument mostly revolves around the point "wear armor." And you nonchalantly mention leather armor as well in that. That's hardly a good one in my opinion. The majority of classes in this server are restricted to wearing leather armor, and leather armor has many disadvantages:

-Leather provides the least amount of protection.

-With the damage mechanics from the hero's plugin, armor durability is nearly one third of what it is in vanilla Minecraft.

-Leather for armor making is the hardest material to acquire relative to the other armor-making materials.

I have noticed the general attitude regarding leather armor is that it's not worth it half the time. Yes, a person can, and should, go to the lengths to get fully armored before battle, but that is preparation. And not everyone plans and prepares to go into PVP. And it is already not worth the effort to get leather armor when you may be just killing mobs or mining.

Leather provides the least help versus an opponent in PVP, is the hardest armor to acquire, and is breaks so easily and quickly, that many players to have it equiped if they are engaged randomly in PVP by a dragoon.
Your point is? Make Dragoons weak enough so any Caster/Rogue spec that is too lazy to get armor, can easily just rape the Dragoon? IMO, it would make comparing classes more beliavable, if both classes were on their full strenght and equipment when doing some kind of test fights. Of course Warrior specs are "OP", because they are usually the only ones who even bother to get any armor.

Algsa777

TNT
Your point is? Make Dragoons weak enough so any Caster/Rogue spec that is too lazy to get armor, can easily just rape the Dragoon? IMO, it would make comparing classes more beliavable, if both classes were on their full strenght and equipment when doing some kind of test fights. Of course Warrior specs are "OP", because they are usually the only ones who even bother to get any armor.
Well i dont know the reason why? Oh yeah cuz Warrior Armor is the only armor worth getting.
Also dont over nerf Dragoon. How bout what we are asking. Make it FAIR! Dragoon has high dmg, def, and mobility. they metaphorically and literally a finger in each pie.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Well i dont know the reason why? Oh yeah cuz Warrior Armor is the only armor worth getting.
Also dont over nerf Dragoon. How bout what we are asking. Make it FAIR! Dragoon has high dmg, def, and mobility. they metaphorically and literally a finger in each pie.
High damage? C'mon, Samurai does lv 60 Dragoon's Diamond Spade damage with Bow on every level. Bow isnt even Samurai's main weapon. Or at least the Spade damage is 7o according to wiki, if its updated at all on that. And that "Warrior armor is the only one worth getting" thing is the reason people always complain about Warrior specs' damage. People never bother to wear leather. I mean, leather is a lot better than being nude.

Algsa777

TNT
High damage? C'mon, Samurai does lv 60 Dragoon's Diamond Spade damage with Bow on every level. Bow isnt even Samurai's main weapon. Or at least the Spade damage is 7o according to wiki, if its updated at all on that. And that "Warrior armor is the only one worth getting" thing is the reason people always complain about Warrior specs' damage. People never bother to wear leather. I mean, leather is a lot better than being nude.
High dmg as in able to easily deal large sums of dmg quickly. Pull, and Slow easily take a chunk away from my HP (which is a bit low i admnit.) I mean I cant even got of a bandage or pray without my hp going to half a heart or dead.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
High dmg as in able to easily deal large sums of dmg quickly. Pull, and Slow easily take a chunk away from my HP (which is a bit low i admnit.) I mean I cant even got of a bandage or pray without my hp going to half a heart or dead.
Do that "pull and slow" and you are out of stamina, and cant do things like Disarm or "Jump away for regen" if getting hit by something else. Seriously, try Dragoon.

Algsa777

TNT
I seen a person pull of a jump, pull, then sometimes slow. It basically means your trap there and 0% chance to escape. If a class can make it so they have a 80%+ to escape and 0% chance for thier enemies to escape that is OP. If it was doing it while running that another story. But Dragoon bascially just freezes you in that area and preceds to kill you.

Disketa777

Glowstone

My point is that arguing people to get leather armor is a moot point. I have said nothing on the issue of dragoons needing nerfs. If I did put in my own opinion, I would say to get rid of the Farmer profession so that everyone has equal access to leather, and noone has any excuse to not have it (and therefore no reason to claim dragoons are OP and need nerfing).

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I am for lowering the armor of *any* warrior class, and damage especially with Dragoons. However lowering the speed of *any* class would just make it caster food(Wizards and such).
Lowering armor of Samurai would make them a rogue (Bard got full chain, so removing the only iron item samurais currently have, boots, would make them a bard with more HP)

Anyway, I agree that it's a bit weird how a such heavily armored player with 2 pieces of plate armor can jump around so far and high. (In real life, Dragoons were mounted infantery, but I believe HC dragoons are based on Final Fantasy or something like that)

Dragoons got twice the armor of samurais (Iron CHEST and DIA leggins are way more protection then full chain) and more HP. So you should stop complaining about Dragoon damage. Also, you have to aim using a Bow. Not to mention, no samurais uses a bow in a fight, because it's highly impractical with no bow skills.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Lowering armor of Samurai would make them a rogue (Bard got full chain, so removing the only iron item samurais currently have, boots, would make them a bard with more HP)

Anyway, I agree that it's a bit weird how a such heavily armored player with 2 pieces of plate armor can jump around so far and high. (In real life, Dragoons were mounted infantery, but I believe HC dragoons are based on Final Fantasy or something like that)

Dragoons got twice the armor of samurais (Iron CHEST and DIA leggins are way more protection then full chain) and more HP. So you should stop complaining about Dragoon damage. Also, you have to aim using a Bow. Not to mention, no samurais uses a bow in a fight, because it's highly impractical with no bow skills.

Dragoons have 10% more damage reduction than Samurai and 35 more hp. Woooh. Far more. I know.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I shit on dragoons 1v1. Even in group fights they don't have a whole lot of presence. Hop off dude. They're a perfect example of a balanced class.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
I shit on dragoons 1v1. Even in group fights they don't have a whole lot of presence. Hop off dude. They're a perfect example of a balanced class.
I tink dragoon shoulda have leather to solve the armor then 34 since they not a melee class and they support and jump should be 10 stamina this balanced.

Algsa777

TNT
All I'm saying is cute out the pull and slow and lower some armor a bit. like no Diamond leggings but iron

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't have the time to go into details on this or that. I'm just going to say for now that I've watched a Dragoon take on 4 people one after the next with no break in between inside an enclosed space where the dragoon won in just straight combat (no running). Yes the people involved were all experienced players in pvp, were equiped for combat (armor) and know how to use their classes. This wasn't even a fluke one time event, I've heard similar stories like this happening from a couple other players around the server I know.

I honestly think Dragoon armor is fine, its been that way for a long time now and don't see a need to change it. Its just the burst damage they can do that's the problem, that and the fact that they are not only high mobility but they also have CC abilities.

Algsa777

TNT
I don't have the time to go into details on this or that. I'm just going to say for now that I've watched a Dragoon take on 4 people one after the next with no break in between inside an enclosed space where the dragoon won in just straight combat (no running). Yes the people involved were all experienced players in pvp, were equiped for combat (armor) and know how to use their classes. This wasn't even a fluke one time event, I've heard similar stories like this happening from a couple other players around the server I know.

I honestly think Dragoon armor is fine, its been that way for a long time now and don't see a need to change it. Its just the burst damage they can do that's the problem, that and the fact that they are not only high mobility but they also have CC abilities.
Correct correct! Symbolite saw me get blasted down by xFuZe in a couple seconds after my invuln fell and i was running away! But I prefer CC abilities over bursting 12 block (you heard me) range pull and 5 block range slow which both deal dmg. Not to mention if you jump from a wall you can completely cut a person off then spear them when they run one direction or another.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
If you all would realize that you have the oppertunity to wear armor, aka leather, it balances this out. You all complain that its too hard to get, be a farmer, or get one in your town. There is no reason why one class should be penalized because you are too lazy to give yourselves the one thing that you seem to think is causing the issue, armor.

Non-existent milk came pouring down my nose when I read this. Last I checked leather armour doesn't even compare to what is available for dragoons to wear. No other class has the luxury to shoot off into outer-space if things get rough. No other class has the luxury to escape danger by jumping away, have a bite to eat, and quickly get right back to the fight while catching someone by surprise. No, a Dragoon's diamond spade isn't as strong as a Samurai's diamond sword, but that does NOT mean that a Dragoon doesn't deal high damage. They're the full package...

It's a shame that the person who disagrees with this statement is a member of the Balance Team. The ball is in his court, but I'd be really surprised if we see dribbling any time soon.

Algsa777

TNT
Non-existent milk came pouring down my nose when I read this. Last I checked leather armour doesn't even compare to what is available for dragoons to wear. No other class has the luxury to shoot off into outer-space if things get rough. No other class has the luxury to escape danger by jumping away, have a bite to eat, and quickly get right back to the fight while catching someone by surprise. No, a Dragoon's diamond spade isn't as strong as a Samurai's diamond sword, but that does NOT mean that a Dragoon doesn't deal high damage. They're the full package...

It's a shame that the person who disagrees with this statement is a member of the Balance Team. The ball is in his court, but I'd be really surprised if we see dribbling any time soon.
You sir, just won. Technically everyone who is with Dragoon being nerfed is a winner. Since all dragoons are in denial/lying to keep thier op edge, while every OTHER CLASS is saying nerf them. Shouldnt be that enough of an reason?

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4

You fuckin' tanked c12 mang, leader of balance team. Everyone knows leather is nothing compared to fuckin chain helm, iron chest, dia pants and chain boots.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
As a sammy I can beat a dragoon, of course there are going to be different skill levels, and the outcome will change based on environment, etc. but by no means are dragoons "OP" If you are playing as a rogue your going to have to be more skilled than the dragoon to beat them. If your a caster, fireball and kite. Do you realize how much stam it takes to jump. If they jump more than twice they'll be pretty low on stam and be relying mostly on DPS. A skilled caster should wreck a dragoon.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
As a sammy I can beat a dragoon, of course there are going to be different skill levels, and the outcome will change based on environment, etc. but by no means are dragoons "OP" If you are playing as a rogue your going to have to be more skilled than the dragoon to beat them. If your a caster, fireball and kite. Do you realize how much stam it takes to jump. If they jump more than twice they'll be pretty low on stam and be relying mostly on DPS. A skilled caster should wreck a dragoon.

How much stam does it take to super jump? Because I'm pretty sure i watched a Dragoon superjump 3 times within 30 seconds. Not kidding. A couple of my cits and I said wtf when we saw that while being raided recently.