• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoons and armor in general.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
So, while I enjoy the idea of a heavily armored man jumping through the skys with a spear, the dragoon does currently have an unfair advantage.

So as I mentioned in the thread: Balance Basics, there are 3 main sets of abilities; Offensive, Defensive, and Mobility.

Right now, it feels like the dragoon benefits from all 3 of these sets, having a good amount of damage, being able to take a hit with armor, and being able to jump around the battlefield.

As I mentioned in my guide, for balance, a class should focus mainly on 2 of the 3. For Dragoon, I feel that these 2 should be Mobility and Offensive. They can move so quickly, that they do not need to worry about taking damage as much, so they shouldn't need to worry about armor as much. Dragoons are already a pain to hit, and that added armor just makes them cocky, since they know if they take to much damage they can retreat easily. So when a player finally gets within range of one, they barely scratch them.

So in short, I think the Dragoon class should have an armor reduction, or further limitations on the type of armor they can wear.

AND/OR

Another Idea that could make a great difference is how the weight of armor affects how fast a player can move. In Dungeons and Dragons, the heavier the armor, the slower the player can move. I think this alone would be a great thing to implement into Herocraft.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Another Idea that could make a great difference is how the weight of armor affects how fast a player can move. In Dungeons and Dragons, the heavier the armor, the slower the player can move. I think this alone would be a great thing to implement into Herocraft.

That would solve a lot of problems, I would think.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Ofcourse, if we wanted to fit to the Dragoon Cliche, tehn Dragoons just need a damage nerf, but I was sick of hearing that arguement.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
So, while I enjoy the idea of a heavily armored man jumping through the skys with a spear, the dragoon does currently have an unfair advantage.

So as I mentioned in the thread: Balance Basics, there are 3 main sets of abilities; Offensive, Defensive, and Mobility.

Right now, it feels like the dragoon benefits from all 3 of these sets, having a good amount of damage, being able to take a hit with armor, and being able to jump around the battlefield.

As I mentioned in my guide, for balance, a class should focus mainly on 2 of the 3. For Dragoon, I feel that these 2 should be Mobility and Offensive. They can move so quickly, that they do not need to worry about taking damage as much, so they shouldn't need to worry about armor as much. Dragoons are already a pain to hit, and that added armor just makes them cocky, since they know if they take to much damage they can retreat easily. So when a player finally gets within range of one, they barely scratch them.

So in short, I think the Dragoon class should have an armor reduction, or further limitations on the type of armor they can wear.

AND/OR

I completely agree with this and @c12095 should see this but dragoons are not the only op class look at all the other warrior specs they are as or more powerful than dragoons and if dragoons get nerfed I believe they should too.

If armor slowed players down than people wouldn't use it especially dragoons cause dragoons are the 'mobile' class so I don't agree with this.

My suggestions:
-Nerf Dragoons dps by lets say 10 damage.
-Make Dragoons Cleave 180% to compensate with the damage loss.

c12095

Holy Shit!
This is honestly getting far too repetative. Dragoons are FAR from over powered, they have large stamina cost and are unable to deal large amounts of damage as exagerated in this thread and many others. If you all would realize that you have the oppertunity to wear armor, aka leather, it balances this out. You all complain that its too hard to get, be a farmer, or get one in your town. There is no reason why one class should be penalized because you are too lazy to give yourselves the one thing that you seem to think is causing the issue, armor. Dragoons take more damage than you realize, I would know, I was a dragoon for a very long time. Dragoons are ment to get in your face, and the mentality of this server for most players is to run away. While you run the Dragoon has many skills to hold you down, again its their purpose. There is no overpowered skill in the Dragoon arsinal, Impale and Spear are skills that are reduced by armor. Quit asking for a nerf when you refuse to do what can help you.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Ive taken out almost every spec and class to exist throughout my time on herocraft. But ive yet to slay a dragoon even when i do catch them offguard. Whenever i get close, they jump away.

brancher

Obsidian
Just about every point c12 made is correct. Dragoons aren't "OP", they've always been good early in a map. They excel more so than other classes at lower levels, but fall off in later ones. Trust me when I say that if you leave them exactly the way they are for a couple of months people will be crying for buffs.

Algsa777

TNT
@brancher and @c12095 all i hear from you is trying to delaythe much needed nerf.
dragon has 2 different jumps, a long range pull, a decent dmg slow, and 2 knockbacks. Add iron armor and high hp to mix along with the fact stamina also regens extremely fast. And the fact that root is pointless against dragoon everyone is screwed. I say implement lower speed based on armor, pig riding, and aoe speedbuff while removing the pull and slow. This would make dragoon a truely mobility based class that cant deal dmg easily but escape and repeat.
Basicaly a warrior with rogue elements

brancher

Obsidian
@brancher and @c12095 all i hear from you is trying to delaythe much needed nerf.
dragon has 2 different jumps, a long range pull, a decent dmg slow, and 2 knockbacks. Add iron armor and high hp to mix along with the fact stamina also regens extremely fast. And the fact that root is pointless against dragoon everyone is screwed. I say implement lower speed based on armor, pig riding, and aoe speedbuff while removing the pull and slow. This would make dragoon a truely mobility based class that cant deal dmg easily but escape and repeat.
Basicaly a warrior with rogue elements
#1. Dragoon only has one jump that can be used effectively in combat, the other is used almost solely for scaling walls.

#2. The other things you've stated are all utility focused on catching running targets, and helping them escape. Dragoons don't have 3k hp, they can actually be killed quite easily by most competent players.

#3. I've literally spent more time as a dragoon on this server than most people have spent playing, period. That said, i'm not playing one now; solely because it's not good in the later life of the map.

Yes, they got buffed, woopty-fucking-do; it was long needed. They aren't unkillable by any means, people just need to learn to not turn tail and run when they see one for the sole reason of them being misconceived as overpowered.

Algsa777

TNT
#1. Dragoon only has one jump that can be used effectively in combat, the other is used almost solely for scaling walls.

#2. The other things you've stated are all utility focused on catching running targets, and helping them escape. Dragoons don't have 3k hp, they can actually be killed quite easily by most competent players.

#3. I've literally spent more time as a dragoon on this server than most people have spent playing, period. That said, i'm not playing one now; solely because it's not good in the later life of the map.

Yes, they got buffed, woopty-fucking-do; it was long needed. They aren't unkillable by any means, people just need to learn to not turn tail and run when they see one for the sole reason of them being misconceived as overpowered.

You have no life so you play dragoon all the time whoop da doop. Dragoon have iron def, high dmg with pull and slow, and ability to join or leave battle instantly with over 80% of success. You cant run away frm them, you cant catch them, cant root them, and then most casses cant out def/off them. I when i use invuln and start dashing away i should have atleast a 50% chance to escape not 0% and give him time to fully or most of his regen then pull and slow me then kill me. Now how is that fair?

brancher

Obsidian
You have no life so you play dragoon all the time whoop da doop. Dragoon have iron def, high dmg with pull and slow, and ability to join or leave battle instantly with over 80% of success. You cant run away frm them, you cant catch them, cant root them, and then most casses cant out def/off them. I when i use

When you graduate high school and start working for a living, your opinion will be noted. Until then, please pay attention in English class. Your grammar is terrible.

Algsa777

TNT
When you graduate high school and start working for a living, your opinion will be noted. Until then, please pay attention in English class. Your grammar is terrible.

Is that your excuse wow just wow. One: this is the internet, perfect grammar isnt needed. Two: Im on a buggy nook. Three: why are you even critizing me over it and trying to derail this conversation.

c12095

Holy Shit!
You have no life so you play dragoon all the time whoop da doop. Dragoon have iron def, high dmg with pull and slow, and ability to join or leave battle instantly with over 80% of success. You cant run away frm them, you cant catch them, cant root them, and then most casses cant out def/off them. I when i use invuln and start dashing away i should have atleast a 50% chance to escape not 0% and give him time to fully or most of his regen then pull and slow me then kill me. Now how is that fair?

Idiots like you are why I dread having to read these suggestion threads...

brancher

Obsidian
You have no life so you play dragoon all the time whoop da. doop

By derailing you mean something like this, right? Anyway, dragoons will not be getting nerfed, its that simple. You can bitch and moan about it all you want, though.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
You have no life so you play dragoon all the time whoop da doop. Dragoon have iron def, high dmg with pull and slow, and ability to join or leave battle instantly with over 80% of success. You cant run away frm them, you cant catch them, cant root them, and then most casses cant out def/off them. I when i use
And when did you ever play Dragoon? Dragoon doesnt have "iron def", it has chain helmet and boots, iron chest and diamond leggings. And when I last checked, 70 damage wasnt very high. And how exactly do you regen stamina fast when you are in combat and actually trying to use the skills? Also, considering Jump makes you go only about 5 blocks, you can "succesfully" escape only 15 blocks. If your Jump makes your stamina go 3 or less, your sprint ends and it does nothing. And when you try to Jump as a Dragoon when slowed, it basicly teleports you back to where you Jumped off from. Also, I believe Spear + Impale pretty much aldready drains all your stamina, and if you are PVPing a melee class, you will most likely be using Disarm, so you wont be able to Jump away. Never tested, but Samurai with One should catch a Dragoon at least somewhat easily, so you can "join or leave battle instantly" especially from them. Jump takes skill to do it like that. And when the player is skilled like that, its the player who is OP, not the class. Quoted only that post, but replied to both things you said.
P.S Me posting doesnt mean I came back, this guy's ranting without actual facts just made me angry.
Edit: Also, playing only a single class doesnt mean you have no life. It means that you are better at that class, and want to PVP with it, not master every class, which can be considered more like no-life than that.

Disketa777

Glowstone
This is honestly getting far too repetative. Dragoons are FAR from over powered, they have large stamina cost and are unable to deal large amounts of damage as exagerated in this thread and many others. If you all would realize that you have the oppertunity to wear armor, aka leather, it balances this out. You all complain that its too hard to get, be a farmer, or get one in your town. There is no reason why one class should be penalized because you are too lazy to give yourselves the one thing that you seem to think is causing the issue, armor. Dragoons take more damage than you realize, I would know, I was a dragoon for a very long time. Dragoons are ment to get in your face, and the mentality of this server for most players is to run away. While you run the Dragoon has many skills to hold you down, again its their purpose. There is no overpowered skill in the Dragoon arsinal, Impale and Spear are skills that are reduced by armor. Quit asking for a nerf when you refuse to do what can help you.

Your argument mostly revolves around the point "wear armor." And you nonchalantly mention leather armor as well in that. That's hardly a good one in my opinion. The majority of classes in this server are restricted to wearing leather armor, and leather armor has many disadvantages:

-Leather provides the least amount of protection.

-With the damage mechanics from the hero's plugin, armor durability is nearly one third of what it is in vanilla Minecraft.

-Leather for armor making is the hardest material to acquire relative to the other armor-making materials.

I have noticed the general attitude regarding leather armor is that it's not worth it half the time. Yes, a person can, and should, go to the lengths to get fully armored before battle, but that is preparation. And not everyone plans and prepares to go into PVP. And it is already not worth the effort to get leather armor when you may be just killing mobs or mining.

Leather provides the least help versus an opponent in PVP, is the hardest armor to acquire, and is breaks so easily and quickly, that many players to have it equiped if they are engaged randomly in PVP by a dragoon.