• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Dragoon: Jump

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Ok, i know a lot of people complain about this but i just switched to dragoon today and i use jump and first off, Every time i use it i get rubber banded no matter what, Secondly Every time i press it, it takes a couple seconds to actually respond, and thirdly Whenever i press jump, sometimes it doesn't even jump high or far and if it does work, it just rubber bands me back.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
'Tis why I can't play Dragoon anymore. </3

KleenX

Iron
Because staff totally didnt notice this. This is a major bug but its w/e... You can get okay jumps by making sure theres a block of air under your feet when you jump. You can do this by jumping off high spots and then using Jump. Once Dragoons jump is fine omg dragoons will be SOOOO good at jump... hahah

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Kleen, don't sprint while you jump, and it won't rubber band. Also, it is being worked on currently as far as I know, so for the time being just be patient.

macura

Diamond
Kleen, don't sprint while you jump, and it won't rubber band. Also, it is being worked on currently as far as I know, so for the time being just be patient.
If you don't sprint while you jump you go likem5 blocks, more like a hop than a jump.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
Because staff totally didnt notice this. This is a major bug but its w/e... You can get okay jumps by making sure theres a block of air under your feet when you jump. You can do this by jumping off high spots and then using Jump. Once Dragoons jump is fine omg dragoons will be SOOOO good at jump... hahah

Calling out staff with only 13 posts, don't think you can really judge with how new you are.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

You have not one bit of sense of what your talking about.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Some people will pretend there's a science to a successful jump when really it's luck. It either works or doesn't, there is no trick to it. Stop blowing hot air.

KleenX

Iron

Whether you sprint or not does not really matter. I really do not notice a difference.
Calling out staff with only 13 posts, don't think you can really judge with how new you are.
Judging someone's experience by their forum post count is hilarious. I wasn't "judging". I am a 65 dragoon I have been playing dragoon for more than a week, every day. I am certainly a better dragoon than you are. I wasn't "calling out staff". It was sarcasm. I really have no clue why this was just created yesterday. I can read o chat. Kainzo has asked people more than once to go on the test server to check out jump. I even had a convo with kainzo in o chat about how jump has gotten worse than it used to be. I can certainly tell that staff knows about this.
You have not one bit of sense of what your talking about.
After reading my post I realized it made little sense but I was braidead and tired when I wrote that. I meant that if you are not in combat and you are in the air you can easily get a good jump off. It works for me every time. But if you hit the ground or your falling when you use Jump then it nocheats you back. I havn't done major testing at it I have really just practiced with it and now it just comes natural.
Some people will pretend there's a science to a successful jump when really it's luck. It either works or doesn't, there is no trick to it. Stop blowing hot air.
It is not blowing hot air. It cannot possibly be "luck". The only luck part about it is when you use jump in the middle of a lag spike. You can fix the nocheat problem. While sometimes it doesnt always work for whatever reason there is a science. Are you even a dragoon anymore? lol I remember you saying you quit dragoon cause you couldn't handle the nocheat jump and jump has certainly changed since you switched...

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

So true like when two Dragoons are fighting and one is running away it is 100% luck wether or not the person is killed or gets away

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
This has been the way for so long, it is nocheat just pulling you back. This is what makes dragoon one of the weaker classes in my oppinion. Nocheat is just an annoying plugin in relation to movement skills/sneaking skills (which can cause pullback too)

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
So true like when two Dragoons are fighting and one is running away it is 100% luck wether or not the person is killed or gets away

I love it when I chase someone, I jump and get pulled back to my starting position. Other player has escaped :)

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I honestly feel some people are just bad.

How long have you been whitelisted? Templar_James is one of the best dragoons on the server, nocheat is a bitch and likes to rubberband you mid jump. It is luck based, I doubt you have even mastered Dragoon or played with it a lot. I've played dragoon for months, same for Templar_James who I've known for more than 2 years now. He's not bad, he is often accused of hacks just because he is good at this game.

All movement based abilitys are influenced by Nocheat, there is no way around that, it fucks a lot of things up but there's nothing we can do about it. If you honestly think you know better than people that have played for more than a year, then you are just foolish.