• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple it hits like a truck and tanks like a ton.....

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Teerian take into consideration that they have meditate and also they could silence you first then use ironfist smite and forcepush with in that time I think someone would be able to hit you once or twice. After that forcepull and then forcepush because it is on a 4 sec cooldown then use meditate and its gg because rinse and repeat take into account at least 50 fall damage because ironfist knocks you up.

macura

Diamond
Teerian later today or tommorow we can go on test and fully settle the arguement, that will prevent this arguement from continueing to be theoretical.

Teerian

Gold
Actually haven't been on test yet. I do my testing on live. Anything special needed or is it just a different IP?

Tomorrow might be best, by the way. Work early today, and lots to do before then. I'll try to set aside time tomorrow morning or afternoon, whichever is best for you.

macura

Diamond
Actually haven't been on test yet. I do my testing on live. Anything special needed or is it just a different IP?

Tomorrow might be best, by the way. Work early today, and lots to do before then. I'll try to set aside time tomorrow morning or afternoon, whichever is best for you.
I have a lax game tomorrow morning so like 3 or later would be fine, the test ip is mc.hc.test (i think) or hc.test.to you can also just ask someone in game.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Teerian has on multiple cases brought up good arguments for Disciples during the "discussion" you bashers have been doing the last couple days. I regularly fight beside a Disciple on the server, and I have yet to see a broken anything.
Sorry but have you been living under a rock? You and Teerian are the only people on this thread to disagree.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry but have you been living under a rock? You and Teerian are the only people on this thread to disagree.
My rock has free wifi in fact. How about your rock? Obviously you know very little outside this thread about how people feel on this. I bothered to ask around and gather information instead of pointing fingers. But don't worry, there are people behaving like adults, who are going to look into this by play testing.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't really see anything wrong with disciple either. Their Chakra heal doesn't heal very much health, and everyone is complaining that they are too tanky. Well compared to other "tanky" classes I'm inclined to disagree.

I'm not saying the class is perfect, but all you people make it sound like the end of the world.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
My rock has free wifi in fact. How about your rock? Obviously you know very little outside this thread about how people feel on this. I bothered to ask around and gather information instead of pointing fingers. But don't worry, there are people behaving like adults, who are going to look into this by play testing.
Who have you talked to? Almost everyone agreed that disciple is way bs OP even the balance team and they are getting there nerfed revamp lately and apparently saying Disciple is a broken class I am immature well ok. I fought enough disciples already to realize it is a bit overpowered. Even someone who has no experience against Specced pvp classes will kinda realize disciple is a bit off.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Who have you talked to? Almost everyone agreed that disciple is way bs OP even the balance team and they are getting there nerfed revamp lately and apparently saying Disciple is a broken class I am immature well ok. I fought enough disciples already to realize it is a bit overpowered. Even someone who has no experience against Specced pvp classes will kinda realize disciple is a bit off.
The thing I underlined makes it sound like Disciple is "overpowered" because you havent beaten them often enough.

Teerian

Gold
Teerian I wish I could explain stuff like you.... :( I suck at writing/explaining stuff.

Thanks. I think I probably over-explain, though. My girlfriend is always saying I use too much complicated detail for the most simplistic things.

As for discs, let's hold off on the bickering for now. Kainzo says there are some changes coming, so let's see what he and the balance team have in mind there. As for the current state of things, I'm still planning to meet macura on test for a bit to see if we can hammer out something concrete concerning the class. I can't promise I'll be able to at this point, though. I had to work very late tonight to cover for some idiots at my company.

If I am unable to make it, we can try another day, or you can see if there is another person familiar with the disciple class who wants to fill in for some initial testing until I can get some spare time.

Sonax

Iron
every class should get more power because ninja and their shuriken can beat anyone if you use the hit and run tactic (hitting enemy for knock back and spamming shuriken)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The activity on this thread has been embarrassing. I wasn't playing Herocraft during the time of this mass discussion, but I know Disciple got a buff (just like all classes received a level 65 buff). During prime time hours on Herocraft, there was never more than 3 disciples online at any given time. They were given 1 new skill (apparently 2 new skills, but DivineWord was quickly removed) and a few people started screaming OP. This map has been around for 10 months now, and pre level 65 cap I'd be surprised if 10 people mastered Disciple.

The logic amazes me that the second a class becomes on par with other classes (as I imagine Disciple was before it got nerfed after these wide complaints) it is likely back to where Disciple has always been on this map; in the back of most PVP'ers minds because it's just not powerful enough. The numbers don't lie, and Disciples' population on the server is back to being putrid. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
The activity on this thread has been embarrassing. I wasn't playing Herocraft during the time of this mass discussion, but I know Disciple got a buff (just like all classes received a level 65 buff). During prime time hours on Herocraft, there was never more than 3 disciples online at any given time. They were given 1 new skill (apparently 2 new skills, but DivineWord was quickly removed) and a few people started screaming OP. This map has been around for 10 months now, and pre level 65 cap I'd be surprised if 10 people mastered Disciple.

The logic amazes me that the second a class becomes on par with other classes (as I imagine Disciple was before it got nerfed after these wide complaints) it is likely back to where Disciple has always been on this map; in the back of most PVP'ers minds because it's just not powerful enough. The numbers don't lie, and Disciples' population on the server is back to being putrid. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Ironically, I find the disciples balance to be in a healthy state currently. Of course I play disciple so I'm probably a little biased, but whatever. They have the potential to beat any other class, but this potential is limited by skill (obviously) and environment and a couple less important factors. Honestly I feel that's how it shold be. I've never agreed with having a combat triangle. I feel that any class should have the potential to defeat any other class provided the guy is skillful and smart with their respective class. I feel like that is the case with disciple. Unfortunately, that also irritates some people with the fact that they were singlehandedly defeated by a healer. Oh well. I can think of a million ways to kill a disciple easily as another class. Coincidentally, I know how to defeat other classes that normally have an easy/easier time against me. I think that's how it should be.

Werwew, please quote the balance designer who just flat out stated that "disciple is a broken class lol". It's also worth noting that you don't simply understand the balance of another class just by fighting (and in your case it looks like losing to) another class. You should ask opinions from others who are well versed on the subject, play the class, hunt around a bit, do some give and take, and provide logic to back it rather than "omg op". As for mine, I will say that disciple is not perfect, obviously. Nothing ever is. It's close to a really good state, some things could be fixed and toned down a bit or improved and changed (talking about buffs and nerfs here guys), but for now I think many could agree that it feels like it's in a good spot.