• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I decided to read craftlandia for the hell of it. What entertainment! Logical fallacies galore.

As someone who has a bit of experience in field psychology, I should mention that the writing is also defensive in nature (don't get this confused with "defending against lies," that style is completely different, with an informative approach). It basically replicates a desperate mindset.

I have to feel sorry for the guy - either he's incredibly young (unlikely), or mentally disturbed (specifically, his mentality hasn't aged with his body).

Br3aking

Stone
I decided to read craftlandia for the hell of it. What entertainment! Logical fallacies galore.

As someone who has a bit of experience in field psychology, I should mention that the writing is also defensive in nature (don't get this confused with "defending against lies," that style is completely different, with an informative approach). It basically replicates a desperate mindset.

I have to feel sorry for the guy - either he's incredibly young (unlikely), or mentally disturbed (specifically, his mentality hasn't aged with his body).
What did you read exactly?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Once the server comes back, we should make a weekly event to remember what has happened.

Maybe like the two minute hate from 1984. Obviously, just replace ''Eurasia'' with ''Craftlandia'', and ''Goldstein'' with ''Spunkiie''.

It could work! :D

It'll be so hardcore! :p

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/toomanyitems-tmi.52473/

It's like he is two different people, one understanding and another a total ass.
----
Here we might get an idea of how this is going to play out, from this post he is very closed minded, believing his points are valid even if he has no real answer to the problem. Instead he makes one up from his limited understanding of the problem and sticks with it until an "Expert" (Grum) steps in and repeat the answer that Issac mentioned before hand, even tho Spunkiie claimed it is wrong when Issac said it earlier.

He tries to get the last word till Grum steps in:
https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-666
Haha he gets owned in both, kind of funny how quickly people are to stomp on him.

stfu, you're being a retarded.
-Spunkiee
Just, lol

Keffalump

Soulsand
is hc back up? i was looking at my server list in spoutcraft and it said there were 5 people on the normal server and 5 people on the test server. are we still being ddosed or are we back up? i was unable to log in when i tried.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
What did you read exactly?
If you go to their front page (use google translate), there's a link to a pdf about "their side of things." Good for some entertainment, or interesting if you read it from a psychological perspective.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
is hc back up? i was looking at my server list in spoutcraft and it said there were 5 people on the normal server and 5 people on the test server. are we still being ddosed or are we back up? i was unable to log in when i tried.
We're still establishing the protected line, I will let you know when it is back up. There will be stars and stripes everywhere!

PCmonkey11

Legacy Supporter 3
Are the Brazilians able to get on the server, because I see people online when I use spoutcraft.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just a head's up. mc.herocraftonline.com "should" be working in a few mins/hours for everyone - if it doesn't reboot your router - we've had to make some forwarding / record changes.
We were hosting on a different port - but now we're on a new one.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
And is there/will there be a thread specifically for discussing bugs/strange/weird/wonderful experiences on the server, like the ones I experienced 12 hours ago on the test server :confused: ?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
And is there/will there be a thread specifically for discussing bugs/strange/weird/wonderful experiences on the server, like the ones I experienced 12 hours ago on the test server :confused: ?
We have a bug reports forum, make a thread there, for find a thread for it, and if it s an exploit, go to the Exploit Reports forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.