• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Davros's Neat Little Widgets

Fogracvxy

Glowing Redstone
fogracvxy.png

THX MAN

kyahco

Gold
Neat! So at a programmer to programmer level how are you doing this? Using javascript apps at the url and some how the url has a macro in it or something?

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Neat! So at a programmer to programmer level how are you doing this? Using javascript apps at the url and some how the url has a macro in it or something?
I'm using a PHP library to pull current online users from the Herocraft homepage (Which seems to be disabled right now), I then grab the user's skin from Mojang's CDN, crop the head out, and merge it with their desired text onto a background. I use a MOD_REWRITE rule in a .htaccess file to route requests to a .png to my .php file.

kyahco

Gold
Hmm wow, ok now I have an exucite to learn PHP :p, I'll toy with you code and though some stuff back at yah for learnings sake (of course you'll get credit and I can get some code to toy with) that ok?

Thanks muchly :)

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Hmm wow, ok now I have an exucite to learn PHP :p, I'll toy with you code and though some stuff back at yah for learnings sake (of course you'll get credit and I can get some code to toy with) that ok?

Thanks muchly :)
Go for it ;)

Also @Kainzo do you know what happened to the list of online users on the home page?

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
HEy can you please make me one that when I'm on, it says, I am stalking you, and when offline, I am hibernating?
Please[DOUBLEPOST=1348894696,1348885873][/DOUBLEPOST]?[DOUBLEPOST=1348894724][/DOUBLEPOST]So could you?

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
HEy can you please make me one that when I'm on, it says, I am stalking you, and when offline, I am hibernating?
Please[DOUBLEPOST=1348894696,1348885873][/DOUBLEPOST]?[DOUBLEPOST=1348894724][/DOUBLEPOST]So could you?
Yo, read the first post. It explains how to do it :)