• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT [Contest] Best Community Video [Submit by 6/26/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!

Zero effort
I didn't even read the title of this thread, thinking we could just post any video we wanted. I guess this is my entry :) What would the winner get anyway? :confused: -

I specifically asked the artist for the rights for this song months ago. Crywolf is not quite "famous" so his music getting tagged as copyrighted is EXTREMELY unlikely. If it does get flagged, I'll talk to him about it.

I'm going for 3rd place. That cookie would be delish <3 (jk im goin for the gold, hence the fancy color i used)

Y

ytiggidmas

Nice video I like it however you did miss a rule. It may be possible to get an exception though the video is great and was taken seriously. Dielan9999
Your video must be a maximum of 5 minutes long, and a minimum of 30 seconds.

I've spoken to Dielan about the rules several times, he said to submit it anyways. But if it's a serious issue I can create a shorter one. I just don't like cutting off the songs..
edit: Forgot my manners :/, but thanks I'm glad you like it!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I've spoken to Dielan about the rules several times, he said to submit it anyways. But if it's a serious issue I can create a shorter one. I just don't like cutting off the songs..
edit: Forgot my manners :/, but thanks I'm glad you like it!

Yeah I like to think of the 5 minute rule as a goal, as I do not want to judge a video that is absurdly long (like over 9 minutes) 7:30 is not a big deal.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Could the contest be extended to the end of June? There aren't many submissions yet and I'm working on something special (Need a few more days though)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The judging begins tonight!

I will open a convo to get the judges together at about 8 or 9 pm PST.

Please submit your videos today before that time.

Thank you.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
My submission:

Sorry for the bad quality of the clips, this was a actually a project I planned to be done with 1th July or 30th June, but since there was no sign of extending the contest deadline I had to stress it today instead. I had around 30 clips that all were several minutes long that I had to convert from AVI to WMV, I was going to convert them into full HD WMV but I simply didn't have time for it because of the deadline. (Takes long time with a single clip, with 30~ clips it'd take many many hours)

As for the concept of the video, pretty much everything posted from HC on youtube is PvP. So since there has been so many PvP submissions and videoes, I wanted to do something different so I got some volunteers who helped me create situations were you would die in strange/funny/special ways instead of the normal PvP slaying. I started on the video today, though 6 of the clips were recorded yesterday.

Remember to watch in 1080p, that won't look like complete shit atleast.

Music is The XX Intro

Y

ytiggidmas

Is it okay for me to upload a higher quality one?
Some scenes bug me in my entry.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
In-Game Name: NuclearCouch
Does your video contain copyrighted music?: Nope, Free music.

Video Link:

I left the deathpoints in for... the realism effect :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.