• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT [Contest] Best Community Video [Submit by 6/26/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The Herald team presents...

A contest for Best Community Video!
Due date: 6/26/13

Heroes,

We call upon you to bring us your best works. We are looking for videos that show off PVP and Heroes on our server. The winner will receive $40 in donor tier ranks, 3000c, and two unique titles suffixes! (More information on prizes below). Anyone can enter! Few will win!

The videos are to be showing off HeroCraft in a positive form. By this, we mean:
| Swearing is be kept at a minimum. Some swearing is allowed, but try to either bleep it or keep it to a minimum.
| Everything in the video must be on-topic and related to herocraft. You should be uploading a video of something
of herocraft, showing off the server. Just imagine it being a video presented to randoms to showcase our server.
| Videos must show footage of the herocraft RPG server. You may not submit a video with 5 minutes of the
teamspeak screen.
You MAY use copyrighted music in your video as long as you acknowledge the real owner and you MUST have bought
the music legally.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you have the minecraft sounds enabled, even if on low volume. It is a video showing off the game.
You can use any appropriate texture packs as long as they are not offensive or downright stupid. Videos using RPG
texture packs are highly recommended.
Your video must be a maximum of 5 minutes long, and a minimum of 30seconds.

The submitted videos will be judged on the following criteria:
Demonstration of Skill
Demonstration of Scenery found in Herocraft
Overall Pleasure to Watch.

1st Place:
  • $40 in Donor Tier Ranks (not redeemable or transferable)
  • 2500c in-game currency
  • Unique first place /title suffix (to be announced)
  • Unique top three /title suffix (to be announced)
2nd Place:
  • $20 in Donor Tier Ranks (not redeemable or transferable)
  • 1500c in-game currency
3rd Place:
  • 1 Cookie

Let's make this a fun contest! Start recording!

To submit your videos, you will need to upload your entry to YOUR OWN Youtube Channel. You then will post that Video link into THIS THREAD. If you do not want your video idea to be stolen, I suggest you post the following form with the added note that you will post your video at the end of the contest to avoid people from stealing/getting ideas of your video.

In-Game Name:
Does your video contain copyrighted music?:
↪If yes, state the name of the song and artist:
Video Link:

KleenX

Iron
Interesting :) Are these not going to be as serious as the first video contest or just as serious?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Interesting :) Are these not going to be as serious as the first video contest or just as serious?

This first video contest was for an official Herocraft trailer. Now, we will accept entries that are built to be trailers, but it is not required.

I'm talking videos of full battles, pvp montage, or other significance that covers everything we are looking for.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Please confirm with me that the following will stay true with the content I use in this video. Its important for the copyright on the work I plan to use in my video;

"as long as you do NOT make any profit AND you credit both *spoiler* and the artists for each track used, the answer is YES. If your video is monetized, being sold in any context, or you're generating revenue from ads, the answer is NO."

The reason I ask is the prize is not tangable, I will never see money, however it is a prize with a monetized value. This quote applies for most any free-use material, since I don't have any of my old music I made :p nor have the time to make it. Two weeks is a short amount of time for a video project.

Opinions?

*spoiler* :this is a contest, you don't get to know my secrets

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Please confirm with me that the following will stay true with the content I use in this video. Its important for the copyright on the work I plan to use in my video;

"as long as you do NOT make any profit AND you credit both *spoiler* and the artists for each track used, the answer is YES. If your video is monetized, being sold in any context, or you're generating revenue from ads, the answer is NO."

The reason I ask is the prize is not tangable, I will never see money, however it is a prize with a monetized value. This quote applies for most any free-use material, since I don't have any of my old music I made :p nor have the time to make it. Two weeks is a short amount of time for a video project.

Opinions?

*spoiler* :this is a contest, you don't get to know my secrets

For this, I will simply say yes

Y

ytiggidmas

Do not use copyrighted music without the permission of the artist. There are plenty of ways to get royalty-free music.
this needs to like not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.