• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Class] replace "Juggernaut" with "Berserker"

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
So, here's what I've been brainstorming about this all day. Kainzo, as you are aware, armor is EXTREMELY powerful. Full diamond armor would make you OP, regardless of how you cut it. And the idea of a juggernaut with high armor, high hp, AND highish damage would outclass paladin and dreadknight, and samurai in every respect (maybe less so dragoon, but you get my point). Overall, I think that a juggernaut legendary is very hard to balance well, as it is basically an easymode paladin that takes even LONGER to kill, and not dying is supposed to be the paladin's suit, am I right?

So, what I propose is this: make the warrior legendary the Berserker. The idea behind the beserker is this: You are a reckless beast, casting yourself into the fray with disregard for your own health. Being a big, burly barbarian, you have higher hp than normal, similar to the juggernaut, but the major difference is that you have below average armor as a warrior (since diamond armor is for weak girly men). Your large health pool plays a role on your damage output, as to not make your abnormal amounts of hp overpowered. You are a threat to people because of your recklessness, but if you don't play skillfully enough, you'll wind up killing yourself because you'll be focused and because you hurt yourself too much.

Your bread and butter ability, which is already in, is berserk. With berserk, you can basically sacrifice health for amplified damage. This allows for some decision making: if I use berserk in a large battle, everyone will focus me before i can do anything, and beserk will be my downfall due to the damage dealt to me. Or; if i don't have the chance to be focused, I can get in and dish out damage! Since you'll have to manage your hp and be sure to not kill yourself while fighting as the berserker, it plays as a high risk/skillcap, hardcore legendary that will seperate the good berserkers from the bad ones. Berserk's values will increase per level, because as you become more frenzied from leveling you will be able to deal and take more damage. This should be a stance ability, maybe toggleable like endurance.

I'm thinking they could also have a harmtouch esque ability that is more spammable, dealt less damage, dealt less health to you, maybe call it something like reckless swing. I'd propose berserker have charge, but it's very broken at the moment, so in order to give the feel of rushing into the battle at your enemy, i propose a very short haste/swiftness II buff that lets you do that.
Basically, it'll be a drastically reduced, faster quicken.

I'm thinking armor would be something like no helmet, leather chest, iron pants, iron boots, or leather helmet, leather chest, chain pants, chai/iron boots, whichever is most balanced. This armor is weak, yes, but remember that they have lots of hp.

Weapon is axe

Will have to think of damage values, etc when I'm less tired. I'll see how I can clean this up/add more in the morning. I'm slowly losing the ability to think, so I apologise if I'm not getting a few things off clearly enough. I have more ideas/opinions of what this should be like, so I'll definitely add more tomorrow.

Thoughts and opinions, thanks!

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Juggernaut to me sounds too much like paladin, this would add a lot more flair and fun to a warrior class (especially since you need to achieve so much to obtain this class).

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I just want to be an epic tank. I've always like the idea of a massive diamond wearing, high dps dealing, high HP class, and I figured the counter to this class would be the archmage, which I'm fairly sure many people are going for. Assassin will be the class to take out the Archmage, and Templar will obviously be the ultimate healing tank. I figured since archmage would have so much mana for so many armor-piercing skills, it wouldn't even matter

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I just want to be an epic tank. I've always like the idea of a massive diamond wearing, high dps dealing, high HP class, and I figured the counter to this class would be the archmage, which I'm fairly sure many people are going for. Assassin will be the class to take out the Archmage, and Templar will obviously be the ultimate healing tank. I figured since archmage would have so much mana for so many armor-piercing skills, it wouldn't even matter
The problem with this, is that it makes them "OP" and why would you want this? This forces people to go for a Legendary class which would make a lot of people quit because they can't keep up with other players. This would also make the other classes non-existent because they can't keep up with the Legendaries.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Juggernaut should be the tank that makes paladin look like sissy. The thing is what will happen is Juggernaut is going to roll with the legendary healer class. making him invincible. So by giving juggernaut high damage and high hp would be stupid silly cause the legendary would just heal his ass making him a tornado of death when fighting players who have not had the time to grind out 4-6 master classes. Balance the classes. make the ones we use now all seem op in they're own right. then release Legendarys and have them 25-40% better/tougher.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
What you guys need to understand is that diamond armor in Vanilla MC is CRAZY. You take No damage whatsoever. If you are a berserker with lots of hp, you can be that tanky bastard you always wanted to be by conserving your abilities. If you need your hp, don't waste it. Save it up, be skillful, until the right moment when you can pour out all of your fury

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
If the combat triangle is still what we are going for, then all of the archmages will be able to beat Juggernauts pretty easily. I haven't looked at the skillset for archmage, so i could be wrong.

Assassin will probably have long distance silencing with a long duration that can easily stop archmage from usIng their skills, making it easy for the high dps of assassin to defeat the archmage.

The assassin can be dominated by a juggernaut since armor > dps.

I feel like it SHOULD require a group of at least 5 guys to take down ANY Legendary. I thoight they were supposed to be OP compared to every other class and only either big groups or other Legendauries would stand a chance.

I honestly wouldn't be too affected if this change were to occur, since I've got 6 guys ready for a Legendary class, therefore as a group it wouldn't matter how much Juggernauts are changed/nerfed.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
If legendaries are designed to be op, that would take hardcore away from the server and destroy the fun/balance of the game.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I honestly wouldn't be too affected if this change were to occur, since I've got 6 guys ready for a Legendary class, therefore as a group it wouldn't matter how much Juggernauts are changed/nerfed.

This is what i mean. we arent going to be seeing solo legendarys. What your going to see is 7 legendarys gainst 7 regular. will there be any chance for the normal guys to win... no. Do the munchkins like this idea... yes. Everyone should have some chance of losing or else it is not so much a game but simply push button to win.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah but know that Legendary imo should be better than every normal spec. Maybe not by a lot, but I think being able to take 2-3 spec'd people down is easily reasonable.
How is that reasonable at all!? No class should be able to easily take down more than one person, let alone two to three.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
What's the point of paying and leveling for 6 other classes just to be beaten by specs? I don't see the point if the Juggernaut or any other legend can't take down a Dreadknight or necro or wizard with ease 1v1.

@spartanman118 I take down 2-3 specs at a time(so long as their not mastered) as a master samurai, I don't see that as much of a change.

Basically what I'm saying is... why should (did in this case) I put so much work into becoming a class that won't be significantly better than the one I'm playing right now?

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
The point of getting Legendary classes is to add more fun to the game. They aren't better than the other classes but are more fun to play.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
For something for fun and harder to play. Usually you have to beat all the difficulty modes to play at the hardest difficulty mode.