• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] Skyforge [36]

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Plenti said:
Well, I got recruited but I aint on the list.
Three days has passed but now I am sadly leaving.
Good bye.

P.S You guys should go active, the town.. it's so beautiful.

You are on the permission list, unless I made a type putting your name in. I haven't updated the roster in a few days b/c I've been working a lot of OT lately.

Jherriq

Iron
I believe that i would like to join this city of yours, as i have been looking for a town for awhile. I like to build things, and am thinking about some sort of Triforce Pyramid somewhere. Also, just so you know, I cant play during the week (Mon.-Thu., sometimes Sunday), but will try to get on when i can.

I'd like to join SkyForge, it looks amazing, firebomb428 told me about it. I just joined and would like a place to build a creative house. My in game name is azzazzaz. I'd like to help improve what doesn't really need improving. If you need additional information just message me and I will get back to you.
Thanks, Aceofspades9090

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Nice to see a lot of interest guys :) Im sure someone can give you a plot soon. All citizens get a floating 10x10 plot to make something cool and store their stuff and such. We have some ongoing projects, but its also perfectly possible to start new ones, like this triforce pyramid which sounds awesome! Just talk to one of us from the city Council or Capn_Danger (our major) to clarify that the project is all good. Then you easier can get help with your project too.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
I have added Jherriq last night, I'll Ace when I'm on later tonight.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey capn; I'd like to see some ideas for the colleseum. Base blueprints of your ideas to work with. Once we finish the tunnel and I'm satisfied with the "mass storage" under Fiore, I want to begin working on that.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Saber993 said:
Hey capn; I'd like to see some ideas for the colleseum. Base blueprints of your ideas to work with. Once we finish the tunnel and I'm satisfied with the "mass storage" under Fiore, I want to begin working on that.

Yeah, when it comes to the arena I think it's time I stopped talking and started blocking. I'll draw up a plan and send it out.

Is there anything I could craft and/or gather and/or mine that can be saved up to contribute to the collesium?
Thanks, Firebomb428

Also I was doing a bit of mining today and I found a medium sized lava lake that anyone could tap into. If you want to just message me and I can give you directions.
Thanks, firebomb428

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Would be awesome getting the collosseum up and running (atleast the construction process) just make space for a minecart jousting field :)

btw, we're making a cacti farm in SkyForge now. (and really effective one underground next to the treefarm)

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
Diavolo1988 said:
Would be awesome getting the collosseum up and running (atleast the construction process) just make space for a minecart jousting field :)

btw, we're making a cacti farm in SkyForge now. (and really effective one underground next to the treefarm)

Indeed it is good.

Anyway The Arena is going to be great fun to build , but this is my agenda for the town currently:

1) Expand the tree farm (more space between tress = more saplings)

2) Make a much larger wheat farm underground (Same mabye bigger than the reed farm)

3) Gather Ideas for the docks- Please message me your suggestions

Also just a suggestion I found a spawner in a abandoned house in the wilderness a while ago , Is their a possibility to move it and make a trap to gather bacon?

Fire3

Iron
@3 Since we are SKYFORGE, how about a dock in the sky with some kind of a system to get boats up and down. For it to make any sense, there should be a railroad or a walkway from the dock to Skyforge (else why go up the dock and then back down). Anyways, gotta test out how boats function these days..

Why do we need docks? And should I put any extra cobble I have in a public chest or should I save it to use on a city project?
Thanks Firebomb428

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Boats are currently pretty funky. Notch as the chicken he is has "fixed" most of the bugs with boats by making them break if they touch the sides of something. That makes all types of fun boat ideas impossible. Oh, btw boats lagg like mother teresa on acid listening to dubstep.

Even though boats dont work that well, we could make a Skydock just to look good. Dont know how that would be really, but perhaps having several "slots" for airships. When we're talking about airships, there is an airship that is half done on the south side of SkyForge. If someone could finish that it would be great. (the one building it isnt active I think)

@firebomb: any extra cobble can be put in the public chests on ground level, it will be used for public projects then. However, you can also keep it in your house or something if you want to keep it for what you're doing.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
I like the idea of a sky harbour. I dont know if a water elevator would be functional, boats are a way glitchy even to just try to drive.

Still, it would look cool to have an elevator system and a glass/stone harbor area floating up in the sky. I was wanting to make a floating pool or pond, but this would also be pretty rad.

I'll put it on the list after the arena.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
having a dock on a big floating island with a lake on it would be pretty awesome indeed. We could have a waterfall down into the normal lake or something, making it atleast look like an elevator (lock). Perhaps we could place this on the middle level since there is more space there.

I also got an other idea when sitting bored in a lecture today. What about building a hot air balloon! =D would fit well and be possibly possible to make look good. (atleast with planetoid plugin if it ever gets enabled) one could use the planetoid plugin in single player to see how the spheres are built up and then make one in HeroCraft.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Diavolo1988 said:
I also got an other idea when sitting bored in a lecture today. What about building a hot air balloon! =D would fit well and be possibly possible to make look good. (atleast with planetoid plugin if it ever gets enabled) one could use the planetoid plugin in single player to see how the spheres are built up and then make one in HeroCraft.

With colored wool, a hot air balloon would be easy to do.

The best way to do it would be to map it out in cross sections in paint, or use a 3d editing program, I think.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=xx-large]IMPORTANT NOTICE![/size]

The Skyforge regions have been messed up, and we have to redo them. I am rebuilding the permission list from scratch, so if you cannot build inside town please PM myself or Diavolo1988 and we will make sure you get added.

Referring to a sky pond if someone could give me dimensions I could get to work on that but I just could not do the water.
Thanks, firebomb428

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
firebomb428 said:
Referring to a sky pond if someone could give me dimensions I could get to work on that but I just could not do the water.
Thanks, firebomb428

We were thinking upgrading the pond idea to a floating harbour. I won't be online for a few days because I've got to move apartments, so Diavolo can probably show you a good place for it. I was thinking it should be out over the south east corner of the city, where that inlet comes in under the wall between the cliffs.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
Congrats Diavolo on your promotion may you do us proud :D

Also Land docks nearly done-Thanks Soup

Air docks- Still on the drawing board