• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] (KoM) Malkier (31) [Evil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper95

Wood
<====== wishes he had turkey and stuffing for the first time Q.Q

oh also i'm sorry i have not been around much been busy with RL stuff :( please do not remove me from the Town just got alot going on. ummmmm if Norgoshi hasn't paid the Weekly tax's yet please let me know and i'll get him to get on it...hope to see all of you soon.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Why is everyone leaving so suddenly?! We're one of the most powerful towns on the server and now everyone wants to leave? :(

If It's due to the inactivity from me and Rumble, We'll both be back after the weekend and I'll be on full time again as things have settled down for me with the holiday and all. :(

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
We have a lack of leadership who make it a point of involving new members / existing members in town projects / raids / general activities. People join and that's it, they are assigned a house and then flop around town bored.

As far as our military goes, we have little to no power. If anyone gets over our wall, we are fair game. We need someone with loads of PVP experiance to be a PVP leader. Organize raids, actually go on raids, etc.

People need something to do when they join, if all it is to join Malkier atm is to get killed by Firebus and get told that our official position on the matter is to pretend he's not there, people are going to leave.

I think the first step to our City's health is to ramp up recruiting, focusing on people who will remain as their combat class. I am more then willing to coach people into joining, as I have been doing, but not being able to actually add people, it's not really a focus.

This is my view on things, I realize there are reasons for not addressing certain issues.

Viper95

Wood
WELL to add to ninja's post before RL kicked me in the !@# i made it a point to log on only when server was at 45 or below and if firefuck was on i'd just log for the day...i keep saying to raise the height of the walls and offering to help make it happen...but all i ever get are excuses not to do it. i've already talked to Danda and there is NO limit to how high the walls can be...that being said Walls need to be higher so that town members can feel safe and not live in fear of minding their own business and getting randomly killed in a "safe" area. just my 2 cents.

and Gigi i'm not leaving :) just gona be inactive for a bit as i take care of some things. if you'd like more details please feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to explain as best i can.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8

What do you propose we do then?

Right now, I've been slammed with Holiday bullshit and family Drama, as has Rumble, so neither of us have been able to be on as much as we'd like. Then, with some things going on in my personal life, I've temporarily relocated to a place that has very poor internet, causing me to continuously be bumped off of the server every 5-10 minutes. Despite this headache, I've tried to ride through it and still be online when I could to take care of the town.

We have other council members, but it seems most of them have been busy with their own thing. I'm going to propose to rumble that we replace certain individuals within the council in hopes of having better leaders who are on more often.

Me and Rumble both talked with majority of the town a few weeks ago, stating specifically that anyone who was able to PVP were to join the town guild and that the leaders of the town guild were to take up picking one class, mastering, and staying that class until majority of the guild members were mastered. This is/was Rumble's project. I am not in the guild therefor I have no authority in it, but in my personal opinion, nobody followed direct orders and I know Rumble has had to take it up with certain members because they did not listen and did not ask before changing their class when they were at the top of the guild.

On my end, on the other hand: While I've been away from the computer, I have been thinking of and creating an agenda for us. Though it's not completely finished, I'll post said agenda on the town message board by the fountain so that if anyone is bored, they know what they can do to help the town. We've nearly reached completion of the town (upgrade-wise) and so, because we're not needing to focus on this so much now, we're at a temporary stand-still while majority of the members are off, enjoying their holiday weekend.

I'm waiting on both Kiwi and Rumble for their guidance about the town's architecture, the placement of the new vault, the new buildings and houses that were supposed to be up weeks ago, and the future plans for the town.

I'm also working on creating a list of what we need for my town. Soon, I'll need to borrow/steal members to help me terra-form land for my town (which will take a LOT of work). We will need a lot of supplies, especially stone and stone brick, and so I will need a group of people to focus on mining to collect resources and build-supplies for my town.

Viper95

Wood
well if you need help and i'm able to be around with my busy schedual i will try my best to give you a hand Gigi just i've pretty much given up on the town mainly cuz i don't want to log on only to be greeted by firebus standing outside my house trying to kill me through the walls of my house... that being said just PM me if you need a hand and i'll do my best to help you out with resources or with labor work. but like i said my wrk schedule is hectic and its not even dec yet. any who talk soon.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I had a talk with a majority of the town about 3 weeks ago.

A lot of the people leaving I see are people that never really voiced concerns. When I'm around everything seems fine and dandy but the moment I'm gone. Everyone starts leaving.

My issues is I can't keep ANYONE a master spec. It's like everyone has ADD. You want to have protection, yet you won't do the first thing that helps solve that issue.

Two. Firebus is ONE PERSON. If you have 5 or 6 online, instead of using why don't you guys gather up and try to take him out? I can't be the only one that will rally the troops. I'm on vacation, my birthday is tomorrow and instead here I am typing from my phone about the issues I'm being texted.

For the people that are leaving or are thinking about it. You sicken me. Instead of being apart of the solution, your being another issue.

Thing are going to change when I get back. Trust me. I'm NOT happy.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
We have a lack of leadership who make it a point of involving new members / existing members in town projects / raids / general activities. People join and that's it, they are assigned a house and then flop around town bored.

As far as our military goes, we have little to no power. If anyone gets over our wall, we are fair game. We need someone with loads of PVP experiance to be a PVP leader. Organize raids, actually go on raids, etc.

People need something to do when they join, if all it is to join Malkier atm is to get killed by Firebus and get told that our official position on the matter is to pretend he's not there, people are going to leave.

I think the first step to our City's health is to ramp up recruiting, focusing on people who will remain as their combat class. I am more then willing to coach people into joining, as I have been doing, but not being able to actually add people, it's not really a focus.

This is my view on things, I realize there are reasons for not addressing certain issues.
I'm not in Malkier, but this guy has a load of suggestions that I would listen to. ;)

Viper95

Wood
o.o not sure if that's directed to me or not but i have no intention of leaving... i may not be much of a PvP'er but I'm now traitor that's for sure...any who happy birthday Rumble and sorry you have to work on your holiday...trust me i know about working on birthdays...been doing for 8 years lol...any who enjoy your self and sorry that you had to come back to all of this.

MrFly007

Portal
MsGigi
1. I did not kill Kos3y. 2. I quiet like him, hes very nice. 3. I did leave town, Im sorry I did not inform you.
Pm me in-game if you want the dirty details ;)

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
This recent exodus seems to stem from Firebus. People become frustrated with having no defense against ONE person.

Anytime I have organised a resistance, we have killed him despite what other people will say. And he fucks off for a while, this bullshit about ignoring him is obviously not working.

Appoint a military commander in charge of raids and defense. Someone who will take charge in hostile situations. I've noticed that when we are being raided, people go to shit and it turns into an unorganized cluster-fuck. No combat leadership and people get frustrated and just go back inside.

I believe we need to ramp up recruiting as well. For the size of the city, it's basically a ghost town.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
This recent exodus seems to stem from Firebus. People become frustrated with having no defense against ONE person.

Anytime I have organised a resistance, we have killed him despite what other people will say. And he fucks off for a while, this bullshit about ignoring him is obviously not working.

Appoint a military commander in charge of raids and defense. Someone who will take charge in hostile situations. I've noticed that when we are being raided, people go to shit and it turns into an unorganized cluster-fuck. No combat leadership and people get frustrated and just go back inside.

I believe we need to ramp up recruiting as well. For the size of the city, it's basically a ghost town.

Not that I care one way or the other about pvp--the whole town knows I don't--but the reason ignoring Firebus (and other raiders) doesn't work is because people don't do it.

Raiders show up--council members tell everyone in town to lay low until they get bored and leave---all the level 30's and below run out over and over to get killed. Is it any wonder certain people keep coming back?

A

alexhoff1

I find it quite funny that nobody stays their classes.. I can simply 1v1 most players on the server even in ambush scenarios.. I can't personally see how 6v1s are not winnable at all. Just get more people using nukes and not like 30 unspeced healers. sheesh.

Cellardoor333

Legacy Supporter 7
Only thing I'll say towards this is that it is the freaking HOLIDAYS! I haven't been active, i know. But on my free time, what I want to do is chillax. I jump on, o my thing and then jump off as no one says they need me. I am on TS afk ALL the time, need something? POKE ME! That is why i sit in TS like that. Even if you want to make a donation. I open TS frequently while i'm at home to see if anyone needs anything. I have both gigi's and rumble's number is I don't have the answer. But everyone in town needs to understand that it is the holidays and there will be some inactivity going on. Not all of use are 13-17 year olds with no jobs.(no offense, just saying) We have family that we, obligated or not, spend time with.

Now, as far as PvP is concerned. Even if we appointed someone new to be the 'leader'.(because we do actually have someone appointed already) It doesn't mean that this person is going to be on 24/7. With that said, someone needs to either step up, or shut up.(not to be harsh about it) I don't pvp much, cause I don't feel I'm any good at it.(whether it's my class or how i play it, idk) But i will give it my all if i need to.

Recruiting...... While this is needed, I think we need to be more selective. I logged on today to find that someone, of whom I didn't even know was part of the town, had let firebus in. AND he was in our chat channel. I banned him from the channel when i found out, but it's things like that that i worry about with new recruits. IDK if we can get this person for malicious intent against the town or not, but i don't think it would matter too much if he had got a hold of anything valuable as kainzo or any other admin would replace the stolen/lost items. IDK how we can improve the recruting situation, but this is how i feel about it.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah, there were like 6 people not from our town in our town chat today. As far as keeping the noobs in line, I guess this comes with having a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.