• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] [Halvalor] [20] {Neutral}

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
K.

New wall: round or square?

Roof? We making one? glass? lava? (jk)

Corlark ima message you in game hehehehe ALL UR SECRITS R MIEN

wall design?
I vote for geodesic dome.

Also, you could have lava trickling over the glass making like a X shape when looked at from above and providing light for the town. Or just cover the dome with lava to prevent intruders from getting in.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
What's going on with the space around the new wall? I'll clear it out to gain that last level to spec :D

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Dear friends,

Yesterday when I tried to log in to my account, the password was wrong. I was worried this day would come. This is not my Minecraft account. About a year ago maybe my original Minecraft account was phished due to my own stupidity, and MC support has been decidely unhelpful in recovering it.

Anyway, a few months ago I made friends with a girl who played Minecraft. I told her I missed playing, and she talked to a friend of hers who never used his account into letting me "borrow" it. Hence, Angel_Works was born. I stopped talking to this girl more than a month ago and it occurred to me that if I was this guy I would not still be letting some stranger use my account. My luck ran out and I guess he finally decided to start playing Minecraft again, because the password is definitely changed.

So...It's hard to say when/if I'll be back. It would seem my only recourse as per the server rules would be to explain my situation to staff, request that Angel_Works be banned possibly, and then hope that when/if I can buy my own Minecraft account that I can use it without violating the multiple account rule.

Mods, Admins, thoughts/advice please?

@Seratt @Brutalacerate

Angel nooooooooooooo

GO WAFFLEYUM!

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
to make a wall that is 1/3 glass like our current one, and a glass roof, we will need 40 thousand sand roughly. that is 625 or so stacks, so get farming sand, we'd go broke if we tried to buy all that

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I suppose we could pay people to mine, how much should I pay somebody to mine sand for an hour

haha I don't think we'll have a problem with finding enough cobble if we need it.

Also kperk, we could reduce the number of glass needed if we use panes along the straight parts

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i have been gearing up to farm sand.. was working on other delcious things this am... :) woot once i get on tonite i plan on making chests and start farming sand, and i say we leave old wall up as deterant... and make a new bigger wall. i could use some sticks and spare iron bars for my shovels of doom..... i can make chests .. we need processing facilities in town.. somewhere.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
the little grass area next to mdperk2s house can be converted into furncaces and chests for glass making

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok everyone ---- I have spent a LOT of time on measurements, coordinate-checking, etc. etc. etc. and I actually built a scale model (to the pixel) of the town outer ring and the location of the current wall and my proposed new wall.

I have come up with a design that I think meets all our needs: It is far enough inside region to avoid pillars to get over, yet still attempts to maximize the usable space of the town, and shouldn't be too difficult to build (relatively speaking). The wall is not a circle, but actually a hexadecagon if you wanna get technical (it has 16 sides). The benefit of this design is that it will have 4 large flat sides at the N, S, E, and W exits, and will look much nicer than trying to do a circle.

So.....I have gone all the way around town and set down a foundation for the new wall using stone brick at sea level to indicate where the wall will be. Now that I know EXACTLY where the wall will be, we don't have to keep terraforming around the gravel (we can do that after wall is up). Before you go building though, kperk and I are working on some designs for the wall that will balance aesthetics with practicality. We are currently thinking of having stone brick pillars at the edges of the hexadecagon, and having some kind of glass mixture on the sides to let in light.

Anyway, hopefully I've explained this well, but if you see me on just ask me questions about what's going on. Regardless of the final design, we are gonna need LOTS and LOTS of glass, so sand is a must right now. There are a bunch of chests in my old house plot by the requiem gate if you have sand/glass/coal to donate.

I'm almost done with the foundation, and then I'll be laying a few starter levels that can simply be duplicated on upward. There are various other things that need to be done as well.

For example, on the east side, we need to go UNDER my foundation and go down as far as possible with stone brick to bring the wall down so people can't get under it. Right now they can just swim right under. We also need to close up any tunnels or openings that were once outside the town region but now would let people inside.

I'll continue to update....

Thanks!

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
lol yeah it was a quote.. :p

nothing wrong !! i just like the word... hexadecagon :D

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Oh ok, hehe. That's cool - I thought you were trying to correct me and I was confused, haha.

Another note....if you build a tower to get over wall, up to ring, on top of wall, etc., make sure to tear it down. Before the city expansion it was easy to get over the wall, even with the glass design inward at top, because people left steps there to get up and over it.