• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Capitol] [AD] Volantis - Recruiting!

Ayohae

TNT
Looking forward to getting in the game with you guys!

Macromod is updated to 1.6.4, as is Optifine. Rei's is still not updated. :(

@rkeenjr This is a compilation of numerous building guides: The Gigantic Guide for Building

I'm still not much of a builder, but it's helped me quite a bit! Sorry if it doesn't have quite what you're looking for

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
IGN | hanpeter77
Age | 17
Location and Time Zone | Michigan (EST)
How long have you been whitelisted | 2 years +
If less than 1 month, please link to whitelist application | -
Previous Towns | Iron pass, Thorn hollow, Rangpur , Atlantis, Gravkoc, Newerth, and Akahi.
Why did you leave (if applicable) | -
Why do you want to join Volantis | Because my friends are joining and I am a good friend of Aryios ( we are breaking bad baddies <3 ). I also like the amount of planning that has already been put into the next map.
Why would Volantis want you | Because I am experienced veteran of Herocraft and I am a good team player. I am willing to help the town anyway I can.
Tell us about yourself | I am a Senior in highschool and enjoy watching TV shows and play I League of Legends with my buds. I also enjoy listening to hip hop / rap in my spare time.
How did you hear about Volantis | From my good buddy Aryios
Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | Jonsoon, Aryios, hilltim1, LightningCape, RagingDragon5
Referrals: Aryios <3

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
IGN | hanpeter77
Age | 17
Location and Time Zone | Michigan (EST)
How long have you been whitelisted | 2 years +
If less than 1 month, please link to whitelist application | -
Previous Towns |
Iron pass, Thorn hollow, Rangpur , Atlantis, Gravkoc, Newerth, and Akahi.
Why did you leave (if applicable) | -
Why do you want to join Volantis |
Because my friends are joining and I am a good friend of Aryios ( we are breaking bad baddies <3 ). I also like the amount of planning that has already been put into the next map.
Why would Volantis want you | Because I am experienced veteran of Herocraft and I am a good team player. I am willing to help the town anyway I can.
Tell us about yourself | I am a Senior in highschool and enjoy watching TV shows and play I League of Legends with my buds. I also enjoy listening to hip hop / rap in my spare time.
How did you hear about Volantis | From my good buddy Aryios
Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | Jonsoon, Aryios, hilltim1, LightningCape, RagingDragon5
Referrals: Aryios <3
Welcome to Volantis hanpepe

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
IGN | awsumguy75321
Age | 14
Location and Time Zone | Virginia, EST
How long have you been whitelisted | It'll be a year in November
If less than 1 month, please link to whitelist application | It's been over a year
Previous Towns | Newerth, Braavos
Why did you leave (if applicable) | I left Newerth for Braavos because it got boring, and I went inactive and got kicked from Braavos
Why do you want to join Volantis | I already know some people here, and I thought I'd join them.
Why would Volantis want you | I dunno. I can barely PvP, I'm not as active as I could be, etc. Probably the only thing that'll help me get in the town is that I've been in a town with Jonsoon, Hilltim, and LightningCape.
Tell us about yourself | I would, but I'm lazy.
How did you hear about Volantis | Looking at the forums
Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | Jonsoon, Aryios, Hilltim1, RagingDragon5, LightningCape

RagingDragon5

Portal
IGN | awsumguy75321
Age | 14
Location and Time Zone | Virginia, EST
How long have you been whitelisted | It'll be a year in November
If less than 1 month, please link to whitelist application | It's been over a year
Previous Towns | Newerth, Braavos
Why did you leave (if applicable) | I left Newerth for Braavos because it got boring, and I went inactive and got kicked from Braavos
Why do you want to join Volantis | I already know some people here, and I thought I'd join them.
Why would Volantis want you | I dunno. I can barely PvP, I'm not as active as I could be, etc. Probably the only thing that'll help me get in the town is that I've been in a town with Jonsoon, Hilltim, and LightningCape.
Tell us about yourself | I would, but I'm lazy.
How did you hear about Volantis | Looking at the forums
Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | Jonsoon, Aryios, Hilltim1, RagingDragon5, LightningCape

Are you planning on being more active?

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Are there any good resources on how to use different blocks to make different looking building structures? I want to learn more advanced level techniques to building in Minecraft and seem to find sites that show you how to build very basic buildings.

Rick
Hey, my best advice on this is first figure out what you want to build. Then google "minecraft <thing you want to build>". Look at pictures and perhaps you'll even find a slideshow or timelapse. Get ideas, see how different materials behave when you build like that or like this. Make some builds, and keep in mind that shape is often more important than using different blocks.

@Hanpeter77 : hey, remember me from Newerth? Nice to see you again :)

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Hey all, I have a question for the development of Volantis. How do we want the city to look? I think it would be cool if it did indeed have some similarities to the city Volantis from ASOIAF, with it having a lot of sand stone arches, a grand harbour on the mouth of a river, things like that would be cool. Plus having an idea of how one wants the city to look before starting the construction is always a good idea.

IGN | subliminalcanine

Age | 29

Location and Time Zone |Canada, ON. Eastern standard time

How long have you been whitelisted | over 2 months.

If less than 1 month, please link to whitelist application |

Previous Towns |silvermede.

Why did you leave (if applicable) |New map reset, wanted a fresh start.

Why do you want to join Volantis |Seems like a nice place, and has fair rules and obligations. Most likely a nice town chat too.

Why would Volantis want you |I am mature, well co-ordinated, and online quite often, at least 3 times a week.

Tell us about yourself |I am an intelligent being who likes to tell stories, fake or real. As long as they are interesting. I also like a good joke, and a good story.

How did you hear about Volantis | from Destahny, and then going through a decision with a friend to see which town to join.

Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | as said on the thread start: Jonsoon, Aryios, Hilltim1, RagingDragon5, LightningCape

Referrals Destahny, not in this town though but part of LO.

RagingDragon5

Portal
IGN | subliminalcanine

Age | 29

Location and Time Zone |Canada, ON. Eastern standard time

How long have you been whitelisted | over 2 months.

Previous Towns |silvermede.

Why did you leave (if applicable) |New map reset, wanted a fresh start.

Why do you want to join Volantis |Seems like a nice place, and has fair rules and obligations. Most likely a nice town chat too.

Why would Volantis want you |I am mature, well co-ordinated, and online quite often, at least 3 times a week.

Tell us about yourself |I am an intelligent being who likes to tell stories, fake or real. As long as they are interesting. I also like a good joke, and a good story.

How did you hear about Volantis | from Destahny, and then going through a decision with a friend to see which town to join.

Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | as said on the thread start: Jonsoon, Aryios, Hilltim1, RagingDragon5, LightningCape

Referrals Destahny, not in this town though but part of LO.

Accepted, expect a pm in your inbox.

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey all, I have a question for the development of Volantis. How do we want the city to look? I think it would be cool if it did indeed have some similarities to the city Volantis from ASOIAF, with it having a lot of sand stone arches, a grand harbour on the mouth of a river, things like that would be cool. Plus having an idea of how one wants the city to look before starting the construction is always a good idea.
We do have a general idea of what we are looking for and yes, it does involve lots of sandstone. I am still waiting to see what township region sizes are going to look like before we continue forward.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
IGN | Acherous
Age | 18
Location and Time Zone | Texas, cst
How long have you been whitelisted | Since july 8th 2011
Previous Towns | Will just list this previous map because I don't want to type a book. Excelsum, Braavos, Newerth, Belegost, Camelot
Why did you leave (if applicable) | Inactivty within those towns,differences with other players, mayoral opportunities, school
Why do you want to join Volantis | Mainly because Aryios is in it. I know a few people in here too.
Why would Volantis want you | I'm a longstanding member of the community so I know the ropes pretty well. I consider myself to be one of the more mature, laid back people on the server.
Tell us about yourself | I'm currently a college student so my time will be limited ingame but I will do my best to be here whenever I can. Most of you already know quite a bit about me so I'm not quite sure what else to put here.
How did you hear about Volantis | Aryios
Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | Jonsoon, Aryios, hilltim1, lightningcape, ragingdragon5
Referrals | Aryios

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
IGN | Acherous
Age | 18
Location and Time Zone | Texas, cst
How long have you been whitelisted | Since july 8th 2011
Previous Towns |
Will just list this previous map because I don't want to type a book. Excelsum, Braavos, Newerth, Belegost, Camelot
Why did you leave (if applicable) | Inactivty within those towns,differences with other players, mayoral opportunities, school
Why do you want to join Volantis | Mainly because Aryios is in it. I know a few people in here too.
Why would Volantis want you | I'm a longstanding member of the community so I know the ropes pretty well. I consider myself to be one of the more mature, laid back people on the server.
Tell us about yourself | I'm currently a college student so my time will be limited ingame but I will do my best to be here whenever I can. Most of you already know quite a bit about me so I'm not quite sure what else to put here.
How did you hear about Volantis | Aryios
Who are the leaders of Volantis (there are five) | Jonsoon, Aryios, hilltim1, lightningcape, ragingdragon5
Referrals | Aryios
Welcome back, Accepted!