• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bringing more RP to the Server

just_jeff94

Glowing Redstone
So I have been on a few different servers and I understand this is an RPG server. So I have gotten the feeling that many people do not actually Roleplay on this server and I have always found this to be a fun aspect of RPG servers. So I was thinking about some cool ideas and thought about some things that might be possible to add to the townships. First of let me speak about a semi-fast travel component. This means of transportation would include a wagon/carriage and naval transportation by boats. So said player would purchase a ticket for a certain amount of souls then either hop into a wagon/carriage or a boat. Now these would leave on a set schedule so anyone hoping to catch a ride would have to get in by the set time. then everyone inside the carriage would be ported to another carriage or boat that was identical. now the teleport wouldnt happen instantly it would have a sm,all delay kinda like if they traveled there. this would obviously be faster then walking of course. Now these rides would stop by at towns that have purchased a station/port so their townies can take rides from their town but they can also recieve visitors. this would greatly help town markets and ecourage town trading. We can go a step further and even look into towns being able to purchase an exchange chest for their town. I was also thinking about Item weight, the server has this implemented sort of but i dont see any negative to being over encumbered. So an idea i had was when ppl are carrying to much for their strength (this could help bring attributes that people can allocate themselves.) higher strength means you can carry more etc. So if you are carrying to much players shoudl suffer a slowing affect, though there should be a potion or way to temporaroly negate the slow so they can run in emergencies. These are just some of my ideas and I hope that you guys can expand and give feed back on these ideas. thanks a bunch everyone have fun!!!

~Jeff

spiralz

Obsidian
There used to be player-applied attributes but that was removed due to balance reasons. Also, weight used to be an issue when wearing armor, but again that is no longer in game. Although, back when it was in game, I also wanted to see over-encumbrance but still that wasn't a thing. I'm a DnD player, so RP and some of these things seemed like they would be awesome to have, but unfortunately they probably never will be implemented. As for your fast travel ideas, I think those are cool. Right now we have Herogates to travel to certain points on the map and there also used to be dragon-travel on past maps, but your idea sounds the coolest in my opinion. Also, Market chests can already be purchased for towns and the ability to create your own chest shops in a town is doable.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I, personally, am a big fan of RP. Anything the server would do to promote more RP, I'm for it. These ideas are very nice!

I once made a suggestion on here about adding more RP. I think it's less about mechanics, and more about getting a community together that will do it. I, myself, am in the works of making a roleplay township, but at the rate it's going, won't happen anytime soon.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I've played on a few RP Server before and even though the main reason I play is for PvP I love the RP battles, like all the battles have a reason to win not like "Yeah we get bragging rights" its like "HOLY SHIT I GET A CASTLE"

just_jeff94

Glowing Redstone
I agree Jupiter the bttles and politics that occur due to RP are really fun and its cool to learn about the history behind how a battle came about

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We probably need more roleplay inspiration from the staff / myself. I'm not a big role player but believe its pretty cool and people should do it more often.

Justice

TNT
I agree with you Jeff. Know that I have join the town of Lothair as you and that if you want to play rp i'll be there, just ask for me.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
That'd be really cool Kainzo! Just have something unique going on, like have some short story planned and have events/situations play out that go along with that story. No special loot or anything like that would be required for it.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I've personally designed, ran, and played a number of pen and paper adventures. I'm a huuuge dnd nerd, and would love to see/create some sort of rpg campaigns and scenarios for players to be involved in. I've spoken with different people about this idea over the years, and maybe we could revisit it. We could have multiple individual missions/adventures that play into a greater campaign. This would make each mission enjoyable and unique, but also players who missed a previous mission wouldn't be lost because of the work towards the greater goal/threat.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I've personally designed, ran, and played a number of pen and paper adventures. I'm a huuuge dnd nerd, and would love to see/create some sort of rpg campaigns and scenarios for players to be involved in. I've spoken with different people about this idea over the years, and maybe we could revisit it. We could have multiple individual missions/adventures that play into a greater campaign. This would make each mission enjoyable and unique, but also players who missed a previous mission wouldn't be lost because of the work towards the greater goal/threat.

That would be great! If such a thing were to happen I'd love to someone take it upon themselves to be a scribe for these adventures, writing down what transpired story wise in books, making copies of the book and passing them out to those interested so they can know what has already transpired. Making the stories seem very fanciful while trying to recruit more hero's for future endeavors.

What if the community came up with potential stories and then submitted them to be reviewed by kainzo, mods, or some sort of lore keeper? perhaps if the story is good enough, it could inspire events, or be made into a book and shared with others, maybe found in chests for others to find and read.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Playd&dwithmepls

Sounds cool. Personally I think Adventure is the prefect opportunity for more RP. Guilds or Favtons can go out in character and play.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
We probably need more roleplay inspiration from the staff / myself. I'm not a big role player but believe its pretty cool and people should do it more often.
I personally love to roleplay. The lore masters could be a huge help in all this.
Just wait for adventure ;)
I really can't wait. The hype is real.

PvE Roleplay is also very fun, RP in general is just fun lol
I agree with you. I'm fairly sure there are a few major role playing towns *cough* *cough* Lothair. Talk to Hyperion_The_II, he loves roleplay. As do I, find me in game and I'll join in for some.

just_jeff94

Glowing Redstone
I personally love to roleplay. The lore masters could be a huge help in all this.

I really can't wait. The hype is real.

I agree with you. I'm fairly sure there are a few major role playing towns *cough* *cough* Lothair. Talk to Hyperion_The_II, he loves roleplay. As do I, find me in game and I'll join in for some.
Actually I am a part of Lothair lol xD

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
So we discovered a /ch rp the other day - with no one it in at the time! Perhaps it's a good place to connect and bounce ideas around ingame.

I'm in RP full-time - I'm the Witch! :D