• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Black Market

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
As a merchant, I could set up a shop down there, and stock it safely with enderchests, I'm just waiting to see if people actually buy from there, which I'm not actually convinced they will.
I've set up two shops at the best locations possible. And for these past few weeks, there was no to little activity. I'm not surprised at all.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
yea personally i wouldnt go there, unless the only way to trade was there. Since this is not the case, I will continue to do my trades through trade chat.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
The Black Market is really cool looking, actually. It's a shame there's only like 1 shop. It's really not hard to find a shop anywhere. If you are worried about PvP, just duck into a shop and you're safe. This seems safer than the shops around Bastion, which aren't even non-PvP necessarily. If you're worried about someone camping outside a shop you have taken refuge in, just bring some redstone!

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
The Black Market is really cool looking, actually. It's a shame there's only like 1 shop. It's really not hard to find a shop anywhere. If you are worried about PvP, just duck into a shop and you're safe. This seems safer than the shops around Bastion, which aren't even non-PvP necessarily. If you're worried about someone camping outside a shop you have taken refuge in, just bring some redstone!
What's the point of shopping in an area where you need to hide/recall back to your town (Which may be thousands of blocks away)?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I think if rent for the shops was greatly decreased (or even eliminated) for a couple months, it could gain some momentum. I can understand that merchants might not want to set up a shop and pay rent for an area that has little traffic, but low/no rent could compensate for this. The benefit of the Black Market should be that it is a one-stop-shop due to the high concentration of shops. It would also be very accessible due to the Nexus portal and its location under Bastion.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think if rent for the shops was greatly decreased (or even eliminated) for a couple months, it could gain some momentum. I can understand that merchants might not want to set up a shop and pay rent for an area that has little traffic, but low/no rent could compensate for this. The benefit of the Black Market should be that it is a one-stop-shop due to the high concentration of shops. It would also be very accessible due to the Nexus portal and its location under Bastion.
No, you don't get it. It could be free rent (Shops cost money to make regardless) if no one wants to go down there, what would be the point at all? You don't make a shop for the hell of it... you make a shop to make profit. The border shops are free to make (Besides Sign shop fees) and they quickly make a small profit.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I certainly will not be walking all the way from my town, just to go down to a market where I will probably get killed. Even if I didn't get killed, the risk is high for such little reward.

It would seem the Black market is geared more towards people being able to kill and steal then it is being a market.

faredX

Gold
CBbEn.jpg

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
In order to get people to make shops in the black market, there would have to be some incentive for shoppers to buy from stores (though I haven't come up with any ideas that aren't easily abusable, e.g. discount, exp are all abusable). As a separate idea, is it possible to add super strong guard NPCs - that attack anyone who attacks another player first?

Also you'd have to eliminate the shops around spawn (which would make a lot of people upset) but it's what needs to be done if you want the black market to be viable. Give people some time to move their stuff, then wipe the area and make it a ring of no-build with pvp-on. Even then people will trade in spawn even more then, rather than risk pvp.

Overall though, I think the black market is an interesting idea that was doomed to fail.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Overall though, I think the black market is an interesting idea that was doomed to fail.

This is the truth of it, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

I don't even think it's the risk of pvp that bothers people as much as the risk of losing the stuff you just bought. It would not only mean that you a) got killed and b) lost your stuff but also c) that your whole trip to the Black Market was basically a colossal waste of your time. With a small handful of people on the server who do nothing but thieve and/or pvp the rest of us would be cannon fodder if we were to shop at the Black Market. It's not even a question of "are you brave enough?" but rather one of "are you that dumb?" given the wide array of safer trading/shopping choices.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The TD of Dragongarde was a smashing success. The only difference between the TD and the BM is that on Dragongarde the TD was immediately available, was easy to reach and was PVP off. The BM is none of these things. It's not doomed, just struggling.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The TD of Dragongarde was a smashing success. The only difference between the TD and the BM is that on Dragongarde the TD was immediately available, was easy to reach and was PVP off. The BM is none of these things. It's not doomed, just struggling.
It's doomed without an incentive to use it.

northeaster345 and I were talking about it, but we agreed that the only way to make the BM successful would be to remove shops on the outskirts/roads of spawn.

The kingdom is looking at the Heroes of Herocraft to make the Black Market running again.

Black Markets are usually illegal shop/s. This is messing with my mind. Wouldn't it be more of a....

You know what? I guess that works.