• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Black Market

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Black Market
That's right. The Black Market is finally here! The poor citizens of the Bastion spawn kingdom have battled through a tumultuous plague. More than three quarters have died. Fortunately, the plague is over and the kingdom can open the passageways to the underground. Homes of the deceased are vacant and are in need of shops. The kingdom is looking at the Heroes of Herocraft to make the Black Market running again. Before the passageways are open, the kingdom would like to announce some rules and information about the Black Market.​
Information:
  1. The Black Market is split into two cities: Black Market West (BMW) and Black Market East (BME). BMW contains more homes with dark alley ways. BME has some mining shafts and tents for shops.
  2. PVP is everywhere; however, there is no pvp within shops or NPC homes. If you are attacked outside a shop/home, your pvp will still carry with you when you enter a building, meaning you can still die.
  3. Places where there is still pvp despite home/NPC rule: graveyard, pigs pen, and watch towers.
  4. There are many ways to get within the Black Market: sides of the outside tier, sewers, and by the large waterfalls.
  5. Shop prices vary on size. The prices listed are for every week of rent. If you think you can't earn enough from the shop, don't rent it.
  6. Prices can change at times if the kingdom feels like it is needed.
  7. Quests may appear in the future.
Rules:
  1. All Herocraft rules apply to the Black Market.
  2. PVP is everywhere except within shops/NPC homes. If you are fighting and walk in a shop/NPC home, the combat tag will still be on.
  3. As a shop owner, regions should only permit you to edit within the walls. If you are able to tear up the floor/walls, please notify an admin. This is not allowed.
  4. Torches on the walls within the shops right now can be moved.
  5. You are allowed to rent multiple shops.
  6. Renting a shop and asking money from others so you can switch renters, is prohibited.
  7. There cannot be multiple owners on a region. Don't ask a mod/admin for this.
  8. Renting a shop means you must have chestshops within the shop. Using a shop as a storage house is forbidden and will result in loss of rent and other possible punishments. It is allowed to have a little storage space for overstocked items.
The kingdom hopes that you call enjoy the Black Market and play safe.​
Black Market Updates:
  • Portal added to the Nexus for easy access/leaving.
  • PvP is off in the portal/tunnel area.
  • More ways added to get in/out of the portal area.
  • Mob spawning is denied.

malmenca

Diamond
Black Market
That's right. The Black Market is finally here! The poor citizens of the Bastion spawn kingdom have battled through a tumultuous plague. More than three quarters have died.​

Ahhh, so that's the cause for the massive drop in active players. It all makes sense now.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion it is much more convenient, not to mention safer, to use the many shops around Bastion's borders.

Joka10

Soulsand
Having explored the Black Market fairly thoroughly, I don't think it would be too hard to get where you needed to go, especially if you made good use of sneaking. The houses are tightly packed together, it's dark, and there are many places to hide. There are several entrances; too many for one group to guard entirely. If you get in unnoticed, you can get into the safety of a shop quite easily before being PvP tagged, it seems. It's probably safer than the shops around Bastion's borders, because of the ease of stealth it offers. Both areas have PvP enabled, but outside of town, the shops don't have PvP off and there are much fewer places to hide. I expect the Black Market will be quite lively as shops move in... it looks like a great spot for PvP too. I'm impressed.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Having explored the Black Market fairly thoroughly, I don't think it would be too hard to get where you needed to go, especially if you made good use of sneaking. The houses are tightly packed together, it's dark, and there are many places to hide. There are several entrances; too many for one group to guard entirely. If you get in unnoticed, you can get into the safety of a shop quite easily before being PvP tagged, it seems. It's probably safer than the shops around Bastion's borders, because of the ease of stealth it offers. Both areas have PvP enabled, but outside of town, the shops don't have PvP off and there are much fewer places to hide. I expect the Black Market will be quite lively as shops move in... it looks like a great spot for PvP too. I'm impressed.
But tbh, who will open up shop down there unless its packed full of PvPers? Most shops will be PvP friendly just to make a profit. Which means 0 shops will exist until the PvP starts.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I like the idea of the black market, but as a merchant, I have a few complaints:

Firstly, the market is hard to get into. Sure, there are plenty of entrances, but they're all covered up, too tricky to find or dangerous to use. I have doubts that a wandering customer would bother working their way into the market, when they could just find a shop which is both non-PvP and easier to get to (like what Jonsoon said, at the spawn borders). Wouldn't it be better to have some simpler entrances to the market, like maybe a portal teleport (from the Nexus) to a non-PvP area?

Secondly, the whole area to way too dark. I was just attacked by a skelly wearing full armour, alongside having to run away from zombies. It would be nicer if the area was lit up a bit more, not only to cut down the amount of MOBs, but to also enable people to find their way around.

With these two improvements, I am sure more people will visit the market, which is what we want, right?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Firstly, the market is hard to get into. Sure, there are plenty of entrances, but they're all covered up, too tricky to find or dangerous to use. I have doubts that a wandering customer would bother working their way into the market, when they could just find a shop which is both non-PvP and easier to get to (like what Jonsoon said, at the spawn borders). Wouldn't it be better to have some simpler entrances to the market, like maybe a portal teleport (from the Nexus) to a non-PvP area?
We could just outlaw shops on the edge of no-pvp regions that are made to help shoppers avoid risk like that. I think its kind of annoying that people do that but thats just me.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
I like the idea of the black market, but as a merchant, I have a few complaints:

Secondly, the whole area to way too dark. I was just attacked by a skelly wearing full armour, alongside having to run away from zombies. It would be nicer if the area was lit up a bit more, not only to cut down the amount of MOBs, but to also enable people to find their way around.

With these two improvements, I am sure more people will visit the market, which is what we want, right?

Mob spawning can be turned off. Also, a main entrance would be camped hard. but I am willing to look into that. Right now as pvp is off, find all the way to get in. Appreciate the suggestions.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Mob spawning can be turned off. Also, a main entrance would be camped hard. but I am willing to look into that. Right now as pvp is off, find all the way to get in. Appreciate the suggestions.
If the main entrance was camped hard - it would make the smaller entrances safer? :)

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
How about we make it so that in the day, a person can set up a shop and pvp is off. Then in the night, one can buy but cant make a shop

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I love the idea... but I question how much commerce will actually ensue.

Why risk setting up a shop in a dangerous, and inconvenient place to get to?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I love the idea... but I question how much commerce will actually ensue.

Why risk setting up a shop in a dangerous, and inconvenient place to get to?
Maybe have an arena down there? Then PvP will be booming and then shops could set up near the arena and then BOOM food/weapon/material shops ALL over.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
That could be done, there's a bunch of unused stone space in the center, forming a concave pillar.