• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Berserker changes

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
That was rude^
If samurai is coming back in with berserker I feel like they would be so similar, Berserker was added in to replace samurai.
Yes, Beserker will likely move over towards tank/health management playstyle and Samurai will regain Top Warrior DPS role.
Not 100% sure, since I'm not even sure if it's Warrior or Rogue, or seen Kainzo confirm any other Direction for the new class.

Last edited:

Avoir

Obsidian
That was rude^

Yes, Beserker will likely move over towards tank/health management playstyle and Samurai will regain Warrior DPS role.
Not 100% sure, since I'm not even sure if it's Warrior or Rogue, or seen Kainzo confirm any other Direction for the new class.
It has always been a warrior so why would that change now?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
It has always been a warrior so why would that change now?
1. I disliked your post because you were rude to a community member. I have serveral other posts on this thread and others, feel free to hunt them down and dislike them too.

2. Because now we have a warrior that fulfills a very similar role, in Beserker.
Samurai becoming a durable and swift rogue is not so very different from the old implementation which had high melee damage, speed boosts, and an Armor set that was comparable to what some melee DPS rogue builds are wearing now.
Either way, the MAIN point is that I agree that Beserker and Samurai overlap, and that Kainzo etc. has yet to comment on that for direction purposes.

Avoir

Obsidian
1. I disliked your post because you were rude to a community member. I have serveral other posts on this thread and others, feel free to hunt them down and dislike them too.

2. Because now we have a warrior that fulfills a very similar role, in Beserker.
Samurai becoming a durable and swift rogue is not so very different from the old implementation which had high melee damage, speed boosts, and an Armor set that was comparable to what some melee DPS rogue builds are wearing now.
Either way, the MAIN point is that I agree that Beserker and Samurai overlap, and that Kainzo etc. has yet to comment on that for direction purposes.

First off I disliked your two post because I did not like them or agree with them, it's not a crime to do so, so sit the hell down.

Secondly samurai wasn't really like berserker until the end of last map when Delf implemented the skill undyingwill.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, Samurai is not LIKE Beserker. But they are both tanky DPS with bleeds, and there is some concern from the community that Samurai needs to feel unique.

Sorry, I think you had no reason to dislike my post directing that player on how to use Quotes so I jumped to conclusions.

Last edited:

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
On the topic of samurai being like berserker, I think samurai should have high damage, a little more armor than berserker, and very short but good speed buffs. For example here are some gap closing skill examples for both.
Berserker: Lunge: Lunges forward and hits your enemy.
Samurai: Cleave: Darts forward quickly and deals high damage to the opponent, ending up behind them facing away from them with a slowness 1 debuff for 2 seconds.
So berserker goes and runs and kills you, Samurai darts at you and does more damage, but is slowed and facing away from you afterwards. Perhaps make Samurai's have a short but strong bleed and berserker have long but weaker bleeds.
tl;dr Samurai deals high damage fast, with some consequences, and Zerker deals high damage slowly with less consequences. Benefit of Samurai, quick damage but vulnerable after. Benefit of Zerker, high damage over time, and is always kind of vulnerable.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
First off, get EVERYTHING you know about old samurai and throw it out the window. I highly doubt the new samurai will be based around bleeds. People keep saying Berserker is about bleeds (With its single bleed...),but that is far from it's play-style. I hope that samurai will be more mobile and defensive than Berserker. Berserkers are about brute force and recklessness, while I imagine samurais will have more finesse. That said, we can only assume until Kainzo gives some solid details about samurai's kit.

Last edited:

Xhazed

Portal
Ladies. Unless related to this thread. Kindly fuck off. ty.
Yes follow what he said keep this on topic cause if not thats bad, either way samurai if it comes as the old one GG. If not i really want to see what it is going to be like.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow franky, you should go tell us more about your girlfriend you never had. Also, you were never good at any class either. The only class you might have been good at was samurai which was a joke of a class. Let's throw vanilla into herocraft with 2 bleeds, and a skill that blocked 100% of melee, ok done.
1. heard Frankys girlfriend on ts gg no re
2. Rupture insta'd my paladin so gg
3. I've always found berserker super easy to play and op.
4. Cuz I mean every warrior having some sort of heal makes sence (besides goon)
5. yeah lets buff Zerker and kill goon
6. Cuz Blood Drinker makes sence giving the class a 200 hp heal gee gee
7. Old Rupture doing 1-2 hearts of damage is bs cuz 1 rupture got my druid down to like 6 hearts and downright fucks every kiting class
8. Zerker is really tanky and does very good damage when close to death.
9. Comparing Zerker to goon is stupid because goon is gunna be pretty bad with new nerfs, its like yeah make berserker jesus and kill goon.
10. One thing I think berserker needs is (@BaBomba ) increased axe durability

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
9. Comparing Zerker to goon is stupid because goon is gunna be pretty bad with new nerfs, its like yeah make berserker jesus and kill goon.

5 and 9 are the same, bumping 10 for Durability Equality for All

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
7. Old Rupture doing 1-2 hearts of damage is bs cuz 1 rupture got my druid down to like 6 hearts and downright fucks every kiting class
Plot twist, it's his sister

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
  • 1- Irrelevant
  • 2- Don't run away on a horse you idiot...
  • 3- Berserker is far from easy and has never been op
  • 4- It has a lifesteal skill. You don't gain any hp unless you attack someone.
  • 5- The only buffs that have been made are lunge (Which is needed) and rupture (Which was also needed, but Kainzo went overboard.)
  • 6- Same as 4...
  • 7- Refer to 5
  • 8- It's actually the squishiest of the warriors and the whole point is that berserker does poor damage at full health, but good damage when weak.
  • 9- No?
  • 10- Everyone has been saying this for a while.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
  • 1- Irrelevant
  • 5- The only buffs that have been made are lunge (Which is needed) and rupture (Which was also needed, but Kainzo went overboard.)
  • 6- Same as 4...
  • 7- Refer to 5
  • 8- It's actually the squishiest of the warriors and the whole point is that berserker does poor damage at full health, but good damage when weak.
  • 9- No?
cuz this isn't biased at all

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
cuz this isn't biased at all
  • 2- Is a fact. (I was the one who did it...) Also, you are bending the truth to prove your point. The way I tested it with you is that I was at 2 hearts (40% rage bonus), used frenzy (15% bonus), and provoke (20%). So not only was it doing 75% more damage than it normally does, you went as fast as you can on a horse (Which shouldn't happen in normal combat.)
  • 3- My opinion is just as valid as yours
  • 4- A fact
  • 5- Out of jump, flying kick, and lunge, lunge is the worst mobility skill in every way. Before the buff, rupture was useless. Instead of ticking every 1-2 blocks, it would tick every 5+. While the tick rate improvement was needed, increasing the damage by 6 fold is too much.
  • 8- Another fact
Next time, bring some proof before you try to discredit someones opinion.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
  • 2- Is a fact. (I was the one who did it...) Also, you are bending the truth to prove your point. The way I tested

it with you is that I was at 2 hearts

(40% rage bonus), used frenzy (15%
    bonus), and provoke (20%). So not
    only was it doing 75% more damage
    than it normally does, you went as
    fast as you can on a horse (Which
    shouldn't happen in normal combat.)
  • 3- My opinion is just as valid as yours
  • 4- A fact
  • 5- Out of jump, flying kick, and lunge, lunge is the worst mobility skill
    in every way. Before the buff,

rupture was useless. Instead of ticking
    every 1-2 blocks, it would tick every

5+. While the tick rate improvement
    was needed, increasing the damage by 6 fold is too much.
  • 8- Another fact
Next time, bring some proof before you try to discredit someones opinion.
Ive been told countless times I'm bad a pvp so if I can kill people with it it easy to play

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ive been told countless times I'm bad a pvp so if I can kill people with it it easy to play
Didn't I already agree that rupture is horrendously op? Also, it depends on the match up. Berserker has a very hard time against kite heavy classes and magic-damage dealers. When it comes to melee classes, it's pretty much unstoppable. Also, it really depends who you are facing. It may be easy to play, but it doesn't mean it's easy to play well.

Avoir

Obsidian
  • 1- Irrelevant
  • 6- Same as 4...
  • 7- Refer to 5
  • 9- No?
9- Yes dragoon is probably one of the most worthless classes now when the patch hits. It's mobility will be shit, armour will be crap, impale and spear sucks, super jump is gone, so please tell me how a class to shit is the right thing to do? Dragoon is the new blood age I don't need anyone wanting to play it anymore, I personally won't.