• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler compensation

lordprettyflack0

Legacy Supporter 6
Since this is just a shit talking thread now instead of you actually arguing why Beguiler needs a buff I'll bring this up.

I was once asked to 1v1 outside my HG. I accepted this challenge, but when we started Adamforte Animeman and some other guy jumped in (they were with the one I was 1v1ing). But even in a 1v4 they missed all of their plaguebombs (they had 2 beguilers!). Then I survived long enough for PewPew to run a good 400 blocks to 2v4. Stop acting like you are good Adam, you really aren't.

Although Disciple may be OP it is not the most OP. Both Paladin and Beguiler are stronger.
Times have changed true, you aren't as good as you were back then,

Im done with this thread, it has enough stupidity in it.

xMJay

Portal
@TrueCorruptor xmjay told me after I shit on him disciples vs paladin 1v1 that paladins not even op compared to disciple so yeah GG?

LOL? you are really a derp. Disciple is a good matchup v paladin if the disciple is good(minus layhands). If the disciple is jup the paladin could be drunk and use his foot as a hand and still win.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Why is every thread derailed with shit talk...

The thing that drew me to play beguiler was plaguebomb. It is a fun skill. It's a unique, interesting skillshot that is incredibly useful. I see a lot of arguments made by people that plaguebomb can't be brought back into the game because it was too op. Guess what?

IT CAN BE NERFED!

The amount of CC that Beguiler had with Entangle was just too much. I have always pictured Beguiler as a support-esque caster utilizing crowd control and utility skills to aid their teammates/take down their foes. Beguiler currently does a good job with this, having piggify, masspiggify, splendor, beguile, and wisdom. Chaoticvisions as Kainzo stated has a shorter range, but is wider than bonespear. This plays in really well with it's kit, seeing as it isn't really known for having long range. Plaguebomb had a pretty short range, pulse and masspiggify are really short range, and piggify is also rather short. The only exception to this skill would be fireball.

Without Entangle, I think Beguiler isn't broken, but also isn't underpowered. It is in a fairly nice spot right now. The issue I have with beguiler is that kiting in vanilla Minecraft + 3 forms of solid cc, beguiler, and natural knockback from skills makes the class hard to focus. It's a problem I also have with bloodmage, druid, necro, etc.. Kiting is too op.

I think having short range skills works well with beguiler's kit. This requires the beguiler to take risks and get closer in fights to be successful and reach its full potential. Mana problems are encountered in teamfights, but this can be easily countered by placing a bard in your party. So, what changes do I think are needed for Beguiler right now?

Longer cooldowns, less damage, less mana costs, and more cc. I wish plaguebomb could be added back to Beguiler. People complain about plaguebomb being too strong, so I have two suggested changes to it, one that would require some coding.

Idea 1 (No coding(I don't think)): Reduce the base damage of plaguebomb by around 50. Make the first 55% of the damage when it explodes instant, then have a dot go on for a few seconds (maybe 5 or 6) as well as a nausea effect after the skill is over lasting for 1-2 seconds.

Idea 2 (Coding would be needed, assuming this is possible): You know how in default minecraft, carrying wheat causes mobs to follow you? What if there was a way to spawn the sheep on someone, and have the sheep be like a ticking bomb. The sheep spawns, then aggros to the targeted player and follows it around for a few seconds. After the time, the sheep will explode, dealing damage and maybe adding a nausea or slow effect. This means that you have time to prepare for the damage, and can use skills to negate it. The sheep would have more than 1hp so fall damage or skills wouldn't detonate it. The skill would have a shorter range and tie into the whole short range feel of the class and reward you for getting it off.

Beguiler has always been a cool class, and while I do think the removal of Plaguebomb made the class lose some appeal, the class is certainly not boring, underpowered, or "trash".

My two cents.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
LOL? you are really a derp. Disciple is a good matchup v paladin if the disciple is good(minus layhands). If the disciple is jup the
paladin could be drunk and use his foot as a hand and still win.
Kk I guess were gunna act like you didn't ask me to be on your tourny team then right?

xMJay

Portal
the tourney team that never happened bc we were so desperate for people we asked nobs like you lol