• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Attribute Planning Program

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
I got bored and needed a little programming practice so started this neat little app that helps to make a little more sense out of the new attributes that have been implemented into our beloved herocraft. So far, I have the general boosts gained from each stat and the costs to add to each attribute. As far as boosts to skills go, I have only just begun this and have only started working on Disciples. Before I get to into this, I wanted to see what you all thought and get some outside input. The feedback I get from you all will determine where this little application goes. Even if its just to let me know that I uploaded the wrong files and it doesn't work for you, which hopefully I didn't.

~CLWUSMC

Attachments

• HerocraftAttributes.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 92

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
ktr.PNG
Thats a max everything necro. Just thought id have fun and see what they would look like and how much it would cost.
But seriously, if you do decide to keep at this, personally i think it would help many players. They could directly see what was going on when that added stats. This would allow people to co-ordinate more than 1 variation of a class at a time (Assuming you get skills in if you ever wanted) and allow players to see what a class might look like with a few extra points in another skill without having to go on the server and spend or spend time on test getting the exact number of attribute points at a time

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
I must have posted an older version. I have since capped the total cost at 512 since that is the max attribute points you can get. Also, I have added skills for disciple, but don't have it exactly how I want yet.

Attachments

• Disciple.PNG
    Disciple.PNG
    85.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Magic boost? Playing as a ranger so I have not touched int really but doesn't int affect each skill differently with how much power it gives? I don't know if there is any flat boost that it gives other then to your mana pool. But once again this is just a ranger talking so what do I know of magic.

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
Very cool.

Is the damage bonus for melee only? Can you add a "Magic boost"?
I don't know exactly what you mean by "Magic Boost", but I am currently going class by class to add the skills for each class in and calculate the bonuses to those skills. Disciple is almost done, I just finished Necromancer since @minimike96 was the first one to give me feedback and that seems to be his class. I will post an update once I get a fair enough number of classes. It just takes a fair bit of work to add each class and I really didn't want to get into that unless people showed interest. Once I get some classes released I would love some feedback on bugs, what works, what doesn't, what people like and what they don't like. I am working on this for the Herocraft Community so trying to design it in a way that best benefits the community.

aceshooter11

Portal
kLKTzo1.png

Something is wrong

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't know exactly what you mean by "Magic Boost", but I am currently going class by class to add the skills for each class in and calculate the bonuses to those skills. Disciple is almost done, I just finished Necromancer since @minimike96 was the first one to give me feedback and that seems to be his class. I will post an update once I get a fair enough number of classes. It just takes a fair bit of work to add each class and I really didn't want to get into that unless people showed interest. Once I get some classes released I would love some feedback on bugs, what works, what doesn't, what people like and what they don't like. I am working on this for the Herocraft Community so trying to design it in a way that best benefits the community.
Intellect increases magic damage

kLKTzo1.png

Something is wrong
I doubt the calculator takes into account level hp and mana gains.

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
kLKTzo1.png

Something is wrong
The only information I have to go off of is the wiki unfortunately. Maybe if this becomes something I will get more insight on the game mechanics from the developers. According to the wiki a Ranger starts with 634 health and gains 7.75 health per Constitution point. By that math you should have ~789 health so my math is wrong, I'll check that in the morning but it still won't fix the source issue. In fact the wiki states that the highest health you can have as a ranger is 880 according to the wiki. You mana should have a base of 500 and gain 5.5 per point in Intellect which would give you 665, again I made some mistake on my math, but doesn't fix the source issue. A ranger is supposed to have a max mana pool of 692. The movement speed math I have fixed. I ran this with my most up to date version and it comes out right at 112.37%. Equipment rate is off too. So far on the skills, and I will double check, the numbers have matched up really well I think.

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
Intellect increases magic damage

I doubt the calculator takes into account level hp and mana gains.
No I did not take into account HP or mana gained by leveling as I can't find information on the mechanic behind that. I have to assume that the hp and mana just gained by leveling is what the min and max on the wiki are and if so, the best I can do is divide that as an even gain for each level and hope that is how they do it. Intelligence says, "The Intellect attribute increases your maximum mana pool, and also increases the damage you inflict using magic-based abilities." I assume that means skills, I know nothing else about magic damage and I am working on adding boosts put to skills from attributes. Sorry, it is not perfect, I can only work with what I have and so far I haven't gotten any information other then what is on the wiki. I have tried, herocraft developers are insanely busy, constantly working on better material for in game and have little time to give me. I appreciate all the input and will work on making my math work better. I am a disciple so that is the only class I can test unfortunately.

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
MIN and MAX on the wiki should be the values for level 1 and level 30 (respectively 1 and 65) without any attribute points added.

What would be a good addition?

- Allow us to save speccs for every class so we can come back to them at a later time.
- Additionally, it would be great to have a display for "effective HP". This would be the HP with added armor values. So a base HP of 100 and an armor that delivers 52% damage reduction would result in 152 effective HP that an attacker needs to deliver to kill me. With this, it would become very easy to decide which armor type is best for my class and what effect the increase of consitution has.

/edit: probably with the option to chose different types of armor, like iron chestplate and leather helmet.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
No I did not take into account HP or mana gained by leveling as I can't find information on the mechanic behind that. I have to assume that the hp and mana just gained by leveling is what the min and max on the wiki are and if so, the best I can do is divide that as an even gain for each level and hope that is how they do it.

To clarify, the max and min levels in the wiki are levels 1 and 65. The mechanic is a per level increase (for most but not all classes). I went to just putting in the max and min levels because I thought it simpler - but would you like the per level increase put in too (that's how it was before my most recent class pages revamp). To work it out, in any case, the per level increase is the difference between the max and min divided by 64 (or 29 in the case of Lost Soul).

Also note my response here regarding terminology use and how I set this info out in the wiki. Comments please? I'm very keen to get the wiki info so that it's easily understood. It's not supposed to be a guessing game.

Edited to add: @clwusmc and others, I would reeeeeeally like to hear how you'd like to see this info presented more clearly in the wiki. ;)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I've had a play - how does this redrafted table and initial note on Berserker look? Is it more clear?

Also I need to verify that if a class has base Attribute values in the negative, then its starting values will be less than the base value given in the wiki. Will someone confirm or explain this to me please?

@Delfofthebla @Wiki Team

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I've had a play - how does this redrafted table and initial note on Berserker look? Is it more clear?

Also I need to verify that if a class has base Attribute values in the negative, then its starting values will be less than the base value given in the wiki. Will someone confirm or explain this to me please?

@Delfofthebla @Wiki Team

I like that Witch! - would it also be beneficial to put the max at lvl 65 as the bottom cell of each column? then it gives the whole picture but allows people to calculate based on a certain level as well.

I got bored and needed a little programming practice so started this neat little app that helps to make a little more sense out of the new attributes that have been implemented into our beloved herocraft. So far, I have the general boosts gained from each stat and the costs to add to each attribute. As far as boosts to skills go, I have only just begun this and have only started working on Disciples. Before I get to into this, I wanted to see what you all thought and get some outside input. The feedback I get from you all will determine where this little application goes. Even if its just to let me know that I uploaded the wrong files and it doesn't work for you, which hopefully I didn't.

~CLWUSMC

and I really REALLY like this idea! If you can get this going correctly, this will be a GREAT addition for the new players to figure out how their stats will affect their skills and character as a whole. @Dakinara could tell you more from a technical standpoint then I can though :p

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It could be because I'm using an older version, but you don't include the base endurance into the Armor Weight. While Berserker has a base weight of 48.52, that is without attributes. It's effective base weight (due to its base endurance) is 50.77.

@Wiki Team
When I was messing around the endurance I noticed that the calculator showed that I always had 2 more Stamina Regeneration compared to live. I cross referenced with test and I came to the conclusion that Berserker's base
Stamina Regeneration was reduced from 40 to 38.

@Delfofthebla can you confirm this change?

If so, the change needs to be reflected on Berserker's wiki page.

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
I have an exam today and a 10 page paper to write this weekend, so won't have the chance to get to these fixes. I have found the issues in my code resulting in your errors @aceshooter11 and as soon as I find a free moment (likely not until next Tuesday) I will get those fixes in. All this input and any input is always a great help. @WitchOnaRampage that information is all I needed for the hp/mana fix and the update to the wiki communicates this well. My hope is to get these fixes in and finish disciple and 4 more classes, for a total of 6 complete classes since necromancer is done, and get another release of this by the end of next week. I appreciate input, so let me know what classes you would like to see first. First come first serve and only 4 choices for next week.

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
@malikdanab You are exactly right. That is the issue I found in my code. I used += / -= running totals for when you add or subtract from attributes for some of the gains, which obviously doesn't work because it doesn't consider the base attribute level. I have fixed this for some gain which is why my update has the correct run speeds, I just need to find the time to fix the rest to (value = Base + Attribute * GainPerAttribute) instead of the current (value += GainePerAttribute).

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
It would be great to have the primary weapon damages with the strength add in when you get to the classes.

Also it will be hard to keep up on general skills as their damages and attribute modifications change semi frequently as they are being balanced out.

Magic resist is .2 per Con. I think you have it as 3.0 currently