• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why can't we voice our opinion, make criticisms, etc. without getting banned, muted, or ignored because the person was proven wrong
? seems like a rule, getting punished for speaking up/out about something. Along with if the topic is on the
forums, it gets deleted or locked instantly if someone doesn't agree with it although it may be true.
Because staff "don't care if you think it will work or not" only posting that cuz I don't think quoting kainzo is mute/bannable

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Why can't we voice our opinion, make criticisms, etc. without getting banned, muted, or ignored because the person was proven wrong? seems like a rule, getting punished for speaking up/out about something. Along with if the topic is on the forums, it gets deleted or locked instantly if someone doesn't agree with it although it may be true.
Being disrespectful, belligerent and overly offensive is more than enough reason for me to use my powers for the greater good.

If all you have is negativity, hostility and demeaning posts, you will be banned. If you have constructive feedback, insightful posts and meaningful subject matter, you're good to go.

Please re-read the TOS/EULA @ hc.to/tos

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
There is a difference in voicing your opinion and just in general being negative or unhelpful. Stating "I don't think will work because X, Y, Z" is a lot different than just "That is a stupid fucking idea".

At no point has anyone ever said that you are not allowed to voice your opinion. For example, what Jupiter has posted. This is not helpful, nor constructive. It serves no purpose other than to cause drama, instigate shit, and in general be retarded. This post on the other hand attempts to address what the problem is, any solutions that may be plausible.

While I can see what you are most likely implying Ohso, I think you are basing your argument off of incomplete and one sided information which in and of itself is increasing the confusion. Instead of giving a blanket "We can't state our opinion without being banned" is a faulty cause fallacy. Instead give specific instances of where someone stated their opinion and were clearly banned for doing nothing but stating their opinion.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
truecorruptor's statement was constructive feedback imo. it was a very strong opinion, but was done in the most respectful way possible and it was an opinion that many people share. I don't think there could be anything more constructive than that

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
truecorruptor's statement was constructive feedback imo. it was a very strong opinion, but was done in the most respectful way possible and it was an opinion that many people share. I don't think there could be anything more constructive than that
Apples and Oranges, wasn't banned and the post wasn't deleted.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please keep this thread on topic - if you have a question about the rules, ask it - if not move along.

I wont bring up or defend things such as this.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
would this not be considered clever use of game mechanics?
This type of use would fall under "Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics.", more precisely under the premise of what Block Jumping (which is under this) is known as.

Skill use as intended, like Blinking through walls/small holes, is allowed; if an undesirable feature is found, it will be somehow remedied

Loganth4

Legacy Supporter 3
Using the macro: (edited so i don't distribute to anyone)
I read the rules looking for unlimited sprint couldn't find it, I won't use it until i know its legal

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Using the macro: Macrowashere
I read the rules looking for unlimited sprint couldn't find it, I won't use it until i know its legal
I believe any form of auto sprint (Something that makes you sprint without having to hold/press an extra button) is illegal. This might've changed due to the Minecraft Sprint button, but I do remember that autosprint in Spoutcraft was illeal.

Last edited:

Loganth4

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe any form of auto sprint (Something that makes you sprint without having to hold/press an extra button) is illegal. This might've changed due to the Minecraft Sprint button, but I do remember that autosprint in Spoutcraft was illeal.
Okay thanks i won't use then, unless someone like an Admin or Mod confirms it is legal.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

The rule has not changed, so I would not use it. I.E. Auto Sprint illegal.

Loganth4

Legacy Supporter 3
The rule has not changed, so I would not use it. I.E. Auto Sprint illegal.
Thanks for confirming that, I will not be using that code and I have deleted it.
I also edited my first post so that i don't accidentally give the code to anyone else,
@minimike96 You should probably edit your post so my quote doesn't give the code to anyone else