• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Good Evening,

I would like to begin by saying I love the new Wiki page, gratz. to all that completed this, also I love the new HC banner!

Now to the point this evening there was a debate whether Macs or PCs are better. Apherdite said PCs I said macs, we argued for a while, then Apherdite continued to call other players who dis-agreed with her slow, and made jokes about the 'Special Olympics'. Is it just me who thinks this is wrong? I was then muted for my opinion and then killed by apherdite, I thought this was illegal, obviously not.

I would however like to point out I stopped and in fact tried to stop the debate by saying 'We all have our own views which have been displayed, we can stop now'. And tried to emphasise with the other debater's side.

Well anyway an admin will see this first, and support Apherdite, so delete it so other places don't see this but could I please be un-muted and something be sorted about this. I hope you see my side too.

Thank you in advance to who-ever takes it out of their time to sort this,
lhatchy1

EDIT: I have apparently been banned now?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I agree with this 100%. The way Apherdite responded to the arguement was just not right. It was unreasonable.

She could have stopped it before it turned into a pure flame fest. People like me, Lhatch and others all tried to calm the crowd, telling them to settle their differences, that there are pros and cons to everything. Obviously, we were not listened to because we don't have a ''flashy title''.

When we asked Apherdite to help us out and change what she was saying, she muted me and banned him for a week. Why? Why can't we have our say? I never did anything wrong, I didn't hack, cheat or exploit, and neither did he. We wanted to contribute, to help out, so why couldn't we?

And for those who say there was no insult-exchanging, there was. I am certain I saw players saying rude things to one another. Now almost ALL the time that sort of thing is dealt with by an admin/mod/guide on the spot, and the arguements are put to rest there and then. In this case, it was not. Why? Why wasn't it? And why do us players get punished for trying to sort out the mess that went on?

malmenca

Diamond
I have seen this happen repeatedly. You are 100% correct. It is just not right.

And to think many threads similar to this get locked so as to prevent anyone from taking notice....

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Well as stated in the rules, Higher staff can by any time remove a player from the server if he/she thinks that the player doesn't deserve to play.

So don't mess with the Founders, they own this server and have every right to do this. However, I'll agree that Hatchy being banned is a bit harsh. But Hatchy should never created this thread, he should PM the admin and Kainzo then talk with them privately.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
lol - Making this thread is no different than not making at all. Do you think something is going to happen to her for doing this? xD She's a founder and the girlfriend of the head honcho around here.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Personally I think issues such as this should be done in private as opposed to making a public thread.

I understand what you guys are saying, I just think it is better handled in private.

/my two cents, though probably unwanted =P

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
You can call me a tard all you want but that doesn't make it any less true. What do you expect to happen?

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree that it was wrong for a ban, but the founders are exercising their reserved rights to ban/mute a player with or without a given cause.
"Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online Services at any time"

You may have been seen as negative influence for the community to emulate and so action was taken.
It's a dictatorship.......ALL HAIL APHERDITE!-

(as with all online content, you are subjected to the owner's rules and they are the judge, any suggestion how we can overthrow Kainzo? )

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah. We are talking about how Apherdite acted, not the staff in general.

Plus, if we took it to private conversations, who would we talk to? I am globally muted, and Hatch is banned. Plus, last time I checked staff don't like to be privatly messaged.

That's why we are posting this here, on the thread.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I won't take any sides in this upcoming flame war. Still, she is free to do whatever she want and when you join HC you have to agree with all rules INCLUDING that staff can mute/ban you at any time.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I won't take any sides in this upcoming flame war. Still, she is free to do whatever she want and when you join HC you have to agree with all rules INCLUDING that staff can mute/ban you at any time.

In that case they could ban anyone for any reason, just to make them go away. That is not fair! We should have the right to say things against the admin's views/actions. Why can't we? Are we griefing? Exploiting? Hacking? NO. We are SPEAKING OUR MIND.

Apherdite herself said that we should do that, instead of being stupid and not saying it. Now that we say it, she punishes us? Why? And when would it be that other admins/mods do the same?

Valera

Diamond
Freedom of speech

However, you were advised several times as well as others to stop so you were muted. You do know that you were banned because of abuse of the pe system which you were advised several times to stop. If you want to create a ban appeal, please do so.

Staff reserves the right to handle issues how they seem fit and any appeals will be taken seriously. Do not start a flame war on this thread. It's understandable that you are upset because Herocraft is like a family to most people who play alot, which you do.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, including staff.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
They pay and host this server, so don't talk about what's "fair". This isn't like in IRL, government can't set you in jail for nothing. But this is Minecraft, not IRL. The owners can with every right do whatever they want, wether it's fair or not.

Edit: Lastivity saves the day :D

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Freedom of speech

Staff reserves the right to handle issues how they seem fit and any appeals will be taken seriously. Do not start a flame war on this thread. It's understandable that you are upset because Herocraft is like a family to most people who play alot, which you do.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, including staff.

We are not attempting to start a flame war. We just believe we have the right to speak our mind. I myself said things only in /ch o, and asked the staff to deal with the issue correctly. What is so bad with that? I want to know, why was I muted? Don't give me the idea that ''Admins can mute anyone when they feel like it'', because that is unfair and just avoids the problem. To me, what I asked for was perfectly reasonable; to calm people down.

I spoke my mind. Apherdite has supported this before:

''If you have something to say, just say it. Don't try to be satirical or facetious''

MajorasMask

Ungodly
They pay and host this server, so don't talk about what's "fair". This isn't like in IRL, government can't set you in jail for nothing. But this is Minecraft, not IRL. The owners can with every right do whatever they want, wether it's fair or not.

Edit: Lastivity saves the day :D

So they can just kill everyone, trap them in spawn and leave them? Is that fair? No, that would be unreasonable.

They have the rule that they can 'do what they please', usually for a reason. I was trying to be reasonable, yet they ignored it and I got muted. That is not reasonable, and does not make the problem any better.

Valera

Diamond
Absolutely feel free to speak your mind. The only problem that arises is when someone is asked to stop and it doesn't happen. Make your appeals to get your side of the story out there and the situation can be resolved.

Apologies if it sounded accusing that a flame war has already started. That was only a warning to make sure no one stepped in to make it so.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Absolutely feel free to speak your mind. The only problem that arises is when someone is asked to stop and it doesn't happen. Make your appeals to get your side of the story out there and the situation can be resolved.

Apologies if it sounded accusing that a flame war has already started. That was only a warning to make sure no one stepped in to make it so.

I understand about lhatch, but I was never asked to stop. I felt the need to speak my mind, yes, but in no case did I ever see anyone tell me to do otherwise.

Thank you for your response. Me and lhatch really appreciate that you answer these types of questions in a neutral, calm and pleasant manor, thank you. :)

However, I still would like a response from Apherdite, to see her take on the topic; why lhatch couldn't have been temp banned for a couple of minutes, to give the admins more time, and why I was globally muted for something only in /ch o, without warning.

I'm tired at the moment. So i'll, hopefully, get to talk about this later with someone, if you would not mind talking in a conversation, in-game, or here.

Status
Not open for further replies.