• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT 5v5 PvP Tournament - March 2013

lumont

Legacy Supporter 3
Trying to stir a competitive nature out of people is hardly being a dick. I am sure that you could think of many things that could fall under that category Sandy but saying that I want to take out TC first round is not one of them! ;)
And that is what you did. Why explain it to them?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Locking the server for fighters only? That'd mean in the final round only 10 people would spectate who wins or not and that is the fighters. If spectators aren't allowed, it's not really a server tournament but a private 5v5 between some pvpers. The server is far from as laggy as last time, even I with my terrible ping can PvP easily.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
Locking the server for fighters only? That'd mean in the final round only 10 people would spectate who wins or not and that is the fighters. If spectators aren't allowed, it's not really a server tournament but a private 5v5 between some pvpers. The server is far from as laggy as last time, even I with my terrible ping can PvP easily.
Have you seen the lag? Oh yah, you were there. Recording the video. Of the laggiest fight I've ever seen in my life.
It was pure bullshit and it is a complete and utter disgrace to HeroCraft and our community.
Is the server today that laggy? No, but it is also unpredictable. Especially considering there is a brand new release of MC and I'm sure there'll be kinks to work out on the server.
I wasn't thinking fully and I forgot about spectators. If they wanna come, great, leave the server open, we just don't need the server to be processing people mining in WarShard, for example, during the team fight - catch my flow?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Have you seen the lag? Oh yah, you were there. Recording the video. Of the laggiest fight I've ever seen in my life.
It was pure bullshit and it is a complete and utter disgrace to HeroCraft and our community.
Is the server today that laggy? No, but it is also unpredictable. Especially considering there is a brand new release of MC and I'm sure there'll be kinks to work out on the server.
I wasn't thinking fully and I forgot about spectators. If they wanna come, great, leave the server open, we just don't need the server to be processing people mining in WarShard, for example, during the team fight - catch my flow?
You're leaving out that we have fixed the causes of that lag (Item frames with maps, Citizens and a couple other plugins we pulled) and now I've not noticed any server lag for well over a week.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Building defenses would make it really interesting imo. Some teams could even recruit someone who is good at building instead of just plain arena pvp. It could also bring in some world PVP feels.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
We should do something completely different this time.

Allow the teams to build/destroy in the area and we just restore it every round.
Admins - whatcha think?

I think it will turn into a Lava/TNT party.

Two clerics and 1 master miner could killed every opposing team member in seconds using TnT if build is turned on.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Give them a sort of box of materials they can use at the beginning so they have to use what they're given to fight/build and they go into the arena with nothing. So they'd have to choose what they should spend their materials on?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Good good then, I don't see much issue with it at that point.

Give them a sort of box of materials they can use at the beginning so they have to use what they're given to fight/build and they go into the arena with nothing. So they'd have to choose what they should spend their materials on?

Although I like this idea for a tournament I also feel that with the tournament only 3 days off changing the format dramatically is to much.
I would love a tournament that every warps into naked and then has 5 minutes to prepare their gear and then fights with what supplies are given but this changes the field so dramatically that I would urge it to wait until next tournament so people can have time to come up with strategies and plans to make the best use of it.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
We should do something completely different this time.

Allow the teams to build/destroy in the area and we just restore it every round.
Admins - whatcha think?
While I like this suggestion, it will be abused to hell and back.

Here's a couple things I thought of that you will probably see if you allow this.

Beguilers will build 1x1 pillars to the top of the arena, with a glass platform at the top. They will then drop plague bombs through the glass on people below.

If TNT / Lava Buckets / Flint n Steel are allowed, they will be used very abusively. Similar to the Beguiler Pillar, or perhaps create a box room where enemies can be knocked down into with these kinds of traps waiting for them.

You could also see people build bunkers that allow them to attack through the floor without getting hit themselves.

Water Buckets will probably be used to slow players down while casters attack from a distance.

And I'm sure there would be much more.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We may just want to have a different style tournament - this one can be the old boring fight / die.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Next time we could do this. And its not boring at all a lot of skill goes into these fights since they are actually fair