• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8. How could this change multiplayer minecraft?

Will 1.8 benefit multiplayer minecraft?

• Total voters

RedKhan

Soulsand
The need to eat thing could probably be turned off on a server. Hp regen like that could be nice but may end up breaking healing effects if it's % based.

Whoa, given my above example, why would we turn it off? That'd be awesome. Deffo hardcore.

Infact if we turn it off while other servers incorporate it, that makes them more hardcore than us. We'd be; what, medium-core?

Demonxman

Obsidian
Not necessarily, now you just need to be more accurate.
ok, are you stupid? I mean really are you a fucking retard? I'm accurate as shit but I can't hit anyone when they teleport all over the fucking place. don't tell me to be accurate when lag makes me miss 99% of the fucking time. maybe you smoked too much pot as a kid?

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
ok, are you stupid? I mean really are you a fucking retard? I'm accurate as shit but I can't hit anyone when they teleport all over the fucking place. don't tell me to be accurate when lag makes me miss 99% of the fucking time. maybe you smoked too much pot as a kid?
Woah man, calm the fuck down. I was joking around, I understand how hard it is to be accurate with a bow on multiplayer. No need to rage

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh, sit down. He has more right to tell you to improve your aim than you do to presume that he smoked pot. Hitting people from a distance with a weapon that shoots in arcs is not going to be the easiest thing in the world, obviously. I don't know how Rangers fare on average, but at the moment "teleporting" isn't an issue, and it is a priority of the staff to keep the game playable. Instead of getting mad, learn the patterns and determine whether you should even bother leaving town before you go and find out that you can't hit anything.

Demonxman

Obsidian
Oh, sit down. He has more right to tell you to improve your aim than you do to presume that he smoked pot. Hitting people from a distance with a weapon that shoots in arcs is not going to be the easiest thing in the world, obviously. I don't know how Rangers fare on average, but at the moment "teleporting" isn't an issue, and it is a priority of the staff to keep the game playable. Instead of getting mad, learn the patterns and determine whether you should even bother leaving town before you go and find out that you can't hit anything.
I never got mad at all, I spoke my mind and maybe it was blunt but idc. hitting people with arrows in lag is damn near impossible if they're moving around in a zig zag (which most people will do against a ranger) properly aiming takes skill and practice obviously and when the lag is so jumpy (from a ton of lag to like zero lag at all) its hard as fuck to judge where the person should be. I don't leave town anyway, lag is too bad or I just don't feel like walking to a town and find five people waiting to gank me.

CheeseN1P

Legacy Supporter 4
While rangers wont be able to spam shots as much, that a full powered shot a second is still pretty decent, especially if the damaged is buffed quite a bit. and yes the lag will cause problems, but with the new sprint skill, there might be new ways for the ranger to create a bigger gap between them and their target for more shots. cant know for sure tho till the patch is out.

Also IMO the new bow charge set up makes the ranger a more interesting class.

And is far as the need to eat thing, It would be cool to keep it. but if they wanted to keep the server "hardcore" they should just nerf how much food effects the bar.

RedKhan

Soulsand

Haha! Seriously man, just aim straight, it's not that hard.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Hopefully the food thing will force crafters to farm and sell the god damn food, i hate lazy crafters that dont want to do their job. Forces me to switch back to alchemist just to make my own things because i can never find someone to buy them from

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5

41576_253977323787_1580938_n.jpg

mrfreaker

ICE ICE ICE!
In the stream, Notch mentioned that current maps will not support 1.8 features. This is because he completely rewrote the biome code. I'm almost positive it also means simply generating new chunks won't add the new features, but I could be wrong. Anyone know if this is true or not?

it wont, you have to make a new world to get these features, but im sure large parts of this map could be imported to a new one if needed

Shadow Bunnies

Legacy Supporter 3
^Misinformed silly person! Stop spreading rumors, the expansions of the map will make it work fine. Old map areas will keep old biomes, but past the 2600ish mark,, all new 1.8 goodies.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Wouldn't have come to this if you'd just worked on your hand-eye coordination Demonxman, for shame.

But for reals, let's get back on topic - How'bout dem NPC's eh?