• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8. How could this change multiplayer minecraft?

Will 1.8 benefit multiplayer minecraft?

• Total voters

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks for cueing the video to the relevant spot, I love it when people do that. Nothing that BebopVox said had anything to do with expanding an already extant 1.7 map to find 1.8 biomes, though. Historically, the situation that Shadow Bunnies described has always been the case, and we have not seen anything yet says otherwise.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Unfortunately, the NPC's will be in the second half of the Adventure Update, but the villages will be in already. Also, the all-feared Endermen shall die in contact with, believe it or not... water. No, not a block like Glowstone that gives off light, since it is basically a walking shadow, but H2O.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Haha, excellent. These guys drop materials and blocks right? Here's hoping they are rare ones, I'll gladly trade some water for some gold/iron/diamond.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
$10 says their main spawn location will be deserts biomes like creepers, good luck finding water while being chased by endermen and creepers.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I hope Notch pulls a fast one and makes water duplicate the Endermen instead of kill them. You know, like gremlins :D

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
500c says 1.8 will be shitty and glitchy, just saying >_> after an entire year and 1/4 I don't get excited for a patch. Patches are rather scary for Minecraft.

*Shoots player with bow*

*Player looses 100 fps instantly*

Or something odd like that.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
RedKhan, I have absolutely no clue what they drop, unfortunately. I need to check the wiki, then the sources to see if it's true. :D

And Doreagarde, only one thing can be said to that; He would so do that eventually. :D

EDIT: Apparently they just take damage in contact with water, I am unsure how much damage is dealt in contact. And they temporarily drop 0-2 diamonds on death, however, this is a placeholder.

Also, in the mineshafts, Blue Spiders will spawn, and when they deal damage to you, your health bar turns yellow and you lose health due to their poison.

As for the Silverfish, they will at times pop out of mined blocks and attack you.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Blue spiders and silverfish sound like a pain. Don't suppose there is an antidote for their poison?

And I'm already groaning at how overpowered they will no doubt be in HC... :(

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
It will take a while for mods to catch up to 1.8. It may be a while before any mods get released for it once it is out there.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Not that has been confirmed atm, no. :(

Anywho, New Blocks:

• Stone Brick stairs and slabs, and Brick stairs and slabs.
  • Stone Brick, Cracked Stone Brick, Mossy Stone Brick
  • Glass panes
  • Fence gates
  • Ivy
  • Melon
  • Red mushroom caps
  • Brown mushroom caps
  • Mushroom stalks
New Items:
  • Rotten Flesh; restores hunger bar, but poisons the player, dropped from zombies
  • Experience Orb; will give "skill points" when picked up, will be drawn to the player within 4-5 blocks, skill points will eventually be used for buying things
  • Pumpkin and melon seeds; Unknown on how to receive, will be used to grow the vine from which melons and pumpkins will grow
  • Raw chicken; received from killing a chicken; will have a chance to poison the player (based on salmonella), restores hunger bar
  • Cooked chicken; restores hunger bar, received from cooking raw chicken
  • Raw beef; obtained from killing cows, restores hunger bar
  • Steak; obtained by cooking raw beef, restores hunger bar
  • Melon Slice; unknown how to obtain (possibly putting a melon in the crafting grid), restores hunger bar
  • [Not in wiki] Lamb; Obtained from killing sheep, restores hunger bar, unsure if can be cooked
In my absence from Herocraft for a couple weeks, I will probably be messing with 1.8, figuring out what I dont know, when I do play Minecraft, that is. Next post will be new terrain, like the ruins, etc.,